TGT Trial of the Gods

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

Re:TGT Trial of the Gods

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 27, 09 8:52 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Fate. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 27, 09 12:21 PM
Hi all! Just wanted to follow up on how the untimed level works. Here's what I've gathered by playing for quite a while: You have to get one pearl (or complete a specific task, like getting a specific number of special tile matches, in the special levels) per level, or you have to go back at least one level (on one occasion, I had to go back two when I failed at a special level). In the levels where you are trying to get pearls, getting more than one pearl is in essence a bonus level you play with your extra moves (your moves per level are restricted, and are metered by the crossbar on the bottom). So if the level stops before you've gotten another pearl, it means you did not get the bonus. It does not mean that the game "cut off" your level before it was done. This is a bit hard to figure out, so I thought I'd post my hard-earned but of wisdom.

[Post New]by 2helpu on Apr 27, 09 5:27 PM
bfgAegean wrote:Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Trial of the Gods: Ariadne's Fate. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/games/list.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

Hi I just tried this game this morning, I felt that the game was gong very slow when the matching of three tiles were done. I just felt it took some time till I could click on other tiles did anyone else felt this way?

Mojave_Rain
Shark
Shark
10,693 Posts

[Post New]by Mojave_Rain on Apr 28, 09 8:14 PM
I have no real idea what's happening in this game, not sure if that's because the explanations are slim or if I'm just dim but I don't care lol. The match three play is smooth, the board graphics are nice and shiny, the story is good, the graphics over all are great so pffft I don't need to know what I'm doing! Just thought I'd share my own limited needs and perceptions

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 28, 09 11:01 PM
Mojave_Rain wrote:I have no real idea what's happening in this game, not sure if that's because the explanations are slim or if I'm just dim but I don't care lol. The match three play is smooth, the board graphics are nice and shiny, the story is good, the graphics over all are great so pffft I don't need to know what I'm doing! Just thought I'd share my own limited needs and perceptions

Hey, that works for me; I sometimes get halfway through a game like this before it starts to dawn on me what exactly is going on.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 28, 09 11:10 PM
I play that way also, but I have to warn you, the last few levels of this game are very hard, and "just playing" got me a lot of "do the level over again" messages. I like the game, though, and playing untimed with a restricted number of moves is interesting and different.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Apr 28, 09 11:24 PM
ecblisa wrote:I play that way also, but I have to warn you, the last few levels of this game are very hard, and "just playing" got me a lot of "do the level over again" messages. I like the game, though, and playing untimed with a restricted number of moves is interesting and different.

And I appreciate your explanations of how the game works; it was very helpful to me.

[Post New]by Guitaraholic on Apr 29, 09 1:51 PM
SSmitty wrote:
Howatch wrote:I'm interested to know how many levels there are for each playthrough on timed/untimed/Ariadne---does anyone have any idea as yet?

There were 40 boards in the first part where you are on the sea, once you get to the land I'm not sure how many more. I have played probably 15 so far and still going. This is in the untimed mode of adventure.
50 boards on the Island of Zeus, and now in the underworld of Hades.

51 boards in the underworld. I finished!
HTH.

When you say 40 boards do you mean 40 pearls? I'm trying to figure out the length of the game, so if there are 3 "worlds" consisting of collecting 40 - 50 pearls in each world, would that be correct?

Thanks a lot!

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on Apr 29, 09 1:59 PM
Guitar __ I'm not sure you're right about the numbet of pearls. I've been really unclear about what difference bonus pearls make to the game progress. but it may be that a "board" is each new step (what you have to go back and redo if you failed to progress). In any case, this game has lotsa lotsa levels. "Too short" is definitely not an issue!

[Post New]by Guitaraholic on Apr 29, 09 9:21 PM
@Ecblisa Thanks, thats what I was wondering!

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 25, 11 7:45 AM
Just played the trial. Very entertaining and relaxing game! I liked the Theseus animation(rowers in the boat seemed to me very funny).

Go to: