Very short game

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

Re:Very short game

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Apr 28, 09 5:03 PM
I want my money back!!!!

OMGosh, I had no clue how far along I truly was when the free trial ran out. I was sure there were two or three more "screens" with play areas (did that make sense?). I had two left and I bought it--now I am out the money and I am so ticked!

Not to mention the game itself did suck. (I know, so why did I buy? cause I hate to leave games undone!). Too much reliance on color shading. The mini games were okay and though I usually do not like the way they interfere with the fun of HO this time I think the highlight of the entire package were the mini games.

Can you give me back my game credit and we can all pretend like this never happened..............

val40
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by val40 on Apr 29, 09 12:46 AM
i liked the look of this game but finished it with in the hour so was not very happy but glad i did not buy it

[Post New]by pjomoe on Apr 29, 09 11:18 AM
I thought the game would be much, much longer because it is based on real events. So I bought the game long before the trial was over. Boy oh boy I was stupid, wasted my money too. I am not suprised that people finished it before the end of the 60 min trial ended, the game was really easy

Edited on 04/29/2009 at 11:31:05 AM PST

dlb628
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by dlb628 on Apr 29, 09 2:45 PM
I didn't know this was based on a real crime. Sure, it's in the title, but I figured that was just a gimmick to sell the game.

I finished this 30 minutes after purchasing it, so I feel completely ripped off. Also, frankly, it was pretty boring. Here's the criminal, let's go on a hidden item search of various places he hasn't been in years, and then at the end, catch him because he's stupid enough to wander up to us and ask us what's going on, while we are in the midst of conversation. If real police work happens this way, it's a miracle anyone gets caught. This was actually the most boring hidden object game I've ever played. Talk about no suspense or surprises at all.

teebo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
6 Posts

[Post New]by teebo on Apr 29, 09 4:55 PM
I agree with all the above comments, the game was way too short, I didn't quite finish the game because I did read the opening and all other dialog. However I was on the last frame.

I did like fact that unlike most HOG's the scenes were not quite so "trashy".

The BIG down side of this game seems to be someone's fasionation with this real life killer Ira Einhorn! Tis indeed is in very poor taste and I hope will never accept another game based on real life crimes. We just don't need that type of thing, when most of us little fishes are trying to escape from reality by playing our fun games.

Thanks
Teebo

loriisi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by loriisi on May 2, 09 5:34 AM
Yes, I was also one of the stupid ones. I bought it thinking there was going to be more and was surprised when it just ended!!!! I agree, I want my credit back!

[Post New]by Eun136 on May 2, 09 8:33 AM
I need to request my money back. I too finished this d*mn game in under an hour and was upset because it was just too short... I spent my money for this!! Sometimes I think they need to put in the comments for the game if it is short or not, because I think they make the games sound really good, for us pigeons to buy, buy fail to tell us that it was short!!!!!!

[Post New]by mady97 on May 2, 09 8:52 AM
i finish this game in 39 minutes it's a very short game

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on May 2, 09 10:38 AM
i also felt the game was way too short and somewhat boring. But when I turned the game off & went back to it, it wouldn't let me start where I had left off so had to replay the entire game twice. Even then i was done in 2 hrs., including reading. Sorry I bought it. Definately not worth it. Big disapointment for BFG. I

shaye1947
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by shaye1947 on May 3, 09 4:02 AM
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND THANK YOU!!
I WAS JUST 2 SECONDS SHY OF BUYING THIS GAME,AND DECIDED TO SEE WHAT EVERY-ONE ELSE THOUGHT OF IT.I REALLY TOOK MY TIME PLAYING BECAUSE IT " WAS SO HARD TO SEE IN SOME PLACES "
PUT MY CREDITS ON " ESCAPE ROSECLIFF ISLAND ". EVERY-ONE ( INCLUDEING MYSELF ) REALLY LIKED (LOVED) THIS ONE. THANX B.F. YOU'RE ALL FORGIVEN NOW.. LOL

wllowldy
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by wllowldy on May 6, 09 4:38 PM
jrd0427 wrote:I finished it in under an hour as well. Very glad I didn't buy this one.

I bought the game and am sorry I did. If I knew I would finish in less than hr and half, would have got something more challenging. Money I really couldn't afford to waste, but live and learn.

VaNative
Minnow
Minnow
239 Posts

[Post New]by VaNative on May 9, 09 10:16 AM
I agree with the other posters in saying this game was way too short. I'm also glad I didn't waste a credit on this game.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 9, 09 10:22 AM
Well I already bought it. Hope I like it even if it is short. At least I didn't pay full price like I would have at the store.

jojo170968
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by jojo170968 on May 9, 09 4:37 PM
total pants, finished within the hour very easy very short game...DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 9, 09 7:26 PM
Very disappointed with this game. Short, uninteresting and dialogues silly. A mistake buying it.

[Post New]by greksgirl on May 12, 09 10:32 PM
I guess this will teach me to go to a forum before buying a game, I'm not sure how many levels I had left when the demo ran out but it wasn't many, I thought it continued on for at least another page! Very disappointed. I like mysteries and reading some true crime books so the game had that appeal for me but it could have been set up to be much longer. I too wish BF offered refunds.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Jun 23, 09 7:19 AM
i really cant beleive it, i too finished the trial with 6 mins to go, thats the first time that has ever happened to me, i admit i skipped all the dialogue and only done 2 of the mini-games, but still...i am so glad i did not buy this game x x x

[Post New]by cjrealamerican on Jul 7, 09 1:44 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one disappointed with this game. I bought it!! Would not recommend it to anyone. I kept playing thinking something would take place and it would get more challenging, but no luck. Can anyone tell me if all the Big Fish games are like this, and which ones go on to become more challenging without getting bored. Waste of money in MO.

tayers81
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
15,692 Posts

[Post New]by tayers81 on Aug 19, 09 3:59 PM
I'm one of the people who bought the game. I bought this one without the demo first and I wasn't really a fan. I thought this would be a pretty good game, but I was a bit disappointed. The graphics were good, but I didn't think the dialogue fit the atmosphere of what the game was. I was laughing at some points as I was reading the dialogue--it was more comical than serious. The game was very, VERY short and the mini games were just ok. The fingerprint mini game really got me frustrated because the prints did not look like half of those that supposedly matched it. Overall, I give this game

Oh well, at least I love most of the games I get. I'm bound to come across one that I don't like every once in a while.

ktk514
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ktk514 on Nov 15, 09 6:57 AM
Unfortunately I bought it. I'm ususally not one to finish a game quickly, since I go back and forth between games. I did it this time too, but it still seemed to end very quickly.

Go to: