bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 21, 14 12:59 PM
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to post a friendly reminder of the Review Guidelines:

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Delicious: Emily's New Beginning Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

Please keep posts limited to reviews of the game. Any non-review posts will be removed by Moderators.

Thanks for understanding, and we look forward to seeing more great reviews!

bfgVaiya

palegoldfish
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by palegoldfish on Dec 21, 14 2:10 PM
I have all the Delicious games I bought this one also, but I probably won't play this one again. The baby (Paige) just ruined it for me.

[Post New]by rosie28sammy on Dec 21, 14 10:59 PM
palegoldfish wrote:I have all the Delicious games I bought this one also, but I probably won't play this one again. The baby (Paige) just ruined it for me.

Same for me. I have purchased all the other Emily games over the years and loved all of them. I was thrilled to see this one offered at BF because I, too, though to never see them offered here. I was excited to play this newest installment, but I was so disappointed after playing the trial.

The game has the same excellent graphics, music, gameplay, etc. as the previous games in the series. One of the main draws that I found with the series was the storyline. It was interesting to read about Emily and how her life evolved, how she weathered her different suitors, etc. The storyline in this one though was not only flat, but highly irritating simply because of the addition of the baby. She isn't a cute baby. She is an extremely irritating one. I wanted to scream at Emily to close the brat up in the play area and make her leave me alone! I have children and love them and I like babies and children belonging to others, but in this case, I couldn't stand the kid. The game wasn't so much about the restaurant, but about running after Paige, keeping her from bothering the wrong customers, taking pictures of stupid little things she has done that Emily and her family think are cute. They aren't cute. They are annoying. Even hearing the little baby cooing and gurgling is annoying.

So after purchasing all the others, I will not be purchasing this as a CE, nor will I be purchasing it as a SE. Even if it was free, I would still not keep it. If the developers drop the baby from the storyline, I would reconsider, but the kid is just too irritating for me.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 22, 14 8:12 AM
Disclaimer: I'm only halfway through the game. I'll update once I've finished.

I'm loving this game.

Two big changes in this game from previous installments are:

Adjusting the menu: You adjust the menu to suit that day's customers. Before each level, you'll be told who your customers will be that day, plus the percentage. They have different food preferences and either like or dislike Paige. If you want three stars for each level, you will have to adjust the menu. It kind of reminded me of Bistro Boulevard or Diner Town Tycoon. It added to my enjoyment of the game. Because of the menu, you now know what the food is (because some stuff just looks like glop).

Paige (the baby): I did not hate this element. I should preface by stating I don't like children. I love my nieces but that's where it ends. When I read the early reviews, I thought I would hate Paige crawling around but I don't and here's why. It adds another element to the gameplay. What makes Delicious better than other restaurant TM games is all the different things you need to do. Not only do you prepare food and serve customers, but you have to clean up messes, find things, blow up a bouncy castle, etc. On top of that, you have to keep an eye on the baby. For those that like TMs and like a challenge, this is perfect.

Some benefits of Paige:

She buys you some time. When she crawls to a table that likes her, you've gained a few extra seconds because they're so busy watching her, they don't get impatient. This is great when you've got a full restaurant.

You can hold off on purchasing the performer because those that like Paige will gain a heart. The kids love Paige which is fantastic because they are so impatient.

The storyline:

Huzzah! They've scaled back the story. One of my complaints from previous installments is the neverending cutscenes before and after each level. As for the story, Emily is trying to balance her personal and professional life and please everyone at the same time. This is a very typical thing to happen to women and I feel so bad for her. Everyone has a vocal opinion on what she should be doing and you can see how it's weighing on her. I kind of want to smack her mother and mother-in-law and tell them to mind their own business.

The gameplay is as solid as ever. I'm playing on the most difficult setting and I'm finding it to be a challenge, which is a good thing.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 8:13:47 AM PST

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Dec 22, 14 11:24 PM
This is such a cute game, I could not resist purchasing it. Plays really smooth as well... no glitches that I've experienced. Several years ago, I played a similar series of games I believe by this game maker, and I had always wondered if they were going to keep adding editions, and so glad they did.

RachB
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by RachB on Dec 23, 14 6:12 AM

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 9:27:01 AM PST

[Post New]by paula_690 on Dec 26, 14 3:45 AM
i was surprised for a collector edition it was not longer.

[Post New]by Fiat500Gucci on Dec 26, 14 1:48 PM
I like this game and bought it. It's a mindless relaxing game to play to unwind after a stressful day. It's not a very difficult time management game at all. It has replay value too so that's a plus. I like the cute graphics. The only downside was the constant clicking necessary to get through the cut scenes...that got old quick. Otherwise I'm happy with it!

rheadamom
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by rheadamom on Dec 26, 14 6:50 PM
I wish I had known that BF had this game, I purchased it elsewhere, for more money, before I realised that BF sold it.
I own all of the Emily games. This one is good, but isn't as good as the others, especially the ones from "Taste of Fame" up to the
'Honeymoon Cruise".
I don't know why all the other kids are so cute, and Paige, especially in episode 6, when she is two, looks like the spawn of "IT", lol.
I finished the game playing advanced, and then played it over on normal, to see if I could get the trophy for Bridget. You have to play with all the objects, and I am missing two both times. I can't figure out what I haven't used. I have all the other trophies, it can be frustrating. I even went against the menu I should have had to see if there was something I didn't use.

[Post New]by austengirl on Dec 27, 14 9:45 AM
I normally love Emily's games. However, Paige ruined this game for me. She is irritating. I understand her purpose in the game. But, she is still the most frustrating distraction I have ever encountered in one of Emily's games. I normally play the games multiple times. This one will never be played again. Unfortunately, I purchased it.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Dec 27, 14 3:19 PM
This game is averagely enjoyable, I like the graphics, and it's nice to have a new TM game.
I've played a few of the "Emily" series previously, some are better than others.
I like how you move onto another restaurant before you can get bored of the same one, and the difficulty rating (on "normal) is just about right. A lot of these kind of games suddenly get annoying and irritating.

I completely skipped the story as I have zero interest, especially now that it's about the baby. (Which, for the small parts of the story I've seen, will grow up with a massive entitlement complex.) The baby is very irritating, and my first "bonus" I have been spending on keeping the thing it's play pen. If it does escape, it's an irritating distraction with the gurgling and the words ("diq end?") or something, when repeated, becomes annoying.

Enjoyable game, though.

I don't know how this was a Collectors Edition, I wouldn't pay full price for it, but seen as there was a Christmas code discount, I bought it.

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 3:36:53 AM PST

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Dec 28, 14 8:31 AM

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 9:27:31 AM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 28, 14 8:48 PM
I have loved all of the Emily games- but this one has a 'tedious' factor to it

If you watch the credits- many of the graphic people etc have changed

I can see the subtle differences

I just couldn't enjoy the Dainton Wu levels

The best levels to me were the backyard restaurant & the garden

There are hints about Angela in this

She was a home sewer- who made all her clothes

Now she's an international designer ???

Making these characters too sophisticated will make the series lose its charm

That kid gets on my nerves- as does Brigid ( didn't she remarry her husband

in Ireland in EMILYS Wedding ?)

Cookyfish

tipperdip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tipperdip on Jan 1, 15 2:26 PM
I thought the game was good, but I didn't think it was all that realistic, not that it should be realistic, but it would be very irritating to serve customers if the BABY was crawling all over the place.

Edited on 01/04/2015 at 1:38:46 PM PST

tipperdip
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by tipperdip on Jan 2, 15 8:26 AM

Edited on 01/04/2015 at 9:40:43 AM PST

[Post New]by redpeach1 on Jan 3, 15 9:12 PM
This is an awesome game i have played many of the delicious series and have enjoyed every one of them.....when is bf going to get the rest so I can have them all in the same place???!!! I would repurchase the older games as soon as bf gets them!!!
For everyone who says it's too time consuming....seriously? what are games if not to consume your time?! I love how hard each level got and have gotten all of the trophies! GREAT game 5 stars!

Get the others BF!!

LVKiva
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by LVKiva on Jan 30, 15 5:42 PM
I bought this shortly after it came out here without trying it first because I've liked the previous Delicious games - the earlier ones are pretty basic but each game added new and (generally) interesting obstacles. When will I learn to try before I buy ?

I really didn't like what someone called the 'tedious' factor, having to pick foods and drink each round to please the customers - if it were optional, fine, but it just slows down the game play.

And the baby...no. There are some great TM games with babies, but just the thought of babies crawling around a restaurant annoys me - I've seen enough toddlers running around waitpeople carrying hot drinks to not find this amusing. Plus trying to remember who did and did not like Paige didn't add to the game play for me.

The reason I'm writing this now - weeks after I deleted the game - is that it still annoys me and I also hope that the game creators will take players opinions into account when they make the next game in the series.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 3, 15 1:49 AM
EDIT: I just wanted to add something. I forgot to mention the difficulty level of this game. That's difficulty with a capital D. Even though I didn't put one in. It. is. hard. really, really hard. I'm just barely able to eke out 1 star on most levels, if that. I don't terribly mind replaying levels a few times, but it may start to get old.

(btw I am completely & utterly unable to read my own posts anymore unless I go thru my own profile & look at old posts by me. It just continually takes me back to the main forum for this game!!! Been happening for a few days now. )
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WOOOHOOO!! I am Loving this game. I love it.
Its been forever since I've enjoyed a TM game this much - that's not to say I don't enjoy nearly all of the TM games, but this one? This one has me running here to the forums so I can yell out I LOVE THIS GAME!!!! (because I do. lol)

Seriously - I don't know what I can say that has not been covered already. Not that I've read any of the other reviews, I'm too busy enjoying Emily's New Beginning. Sometimes I can come across as overly negative or critical in my game reviews, but - and I'm being serious here - that's only because I have a low tolerance for hastily put together crud, and there have been periods of time where the crud to decency ratio has been about 4:1 out here in Casual PC/Mac Gameland.

But then games such as this, Royal Envoy, Virtual Villagers, Nancy Drew, etc. etc. come along & restore my faith that there Are developers who care enough to put forth the effort to create quality over quantity.

The baby can be very difficult to look after, its a little stressful even - like trying to keep that 1 chef from seeing her - & it leaves me constantly wondering what the heck they're thinking doing that. Before anyone jumps down my throat, nobody knows better than I the whole child-work balance thing, so don't go there.

Edited on 02/03/2015 at 7:59:18 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Feb 3, 15 7:52 PM
VTCT wrote:I am disappointed again, you have put out too many games for kids lately, Having to resort to past games or games from other sites. I would like to see more adult game like Puppet Show, Dark Parables etc then the one today. You have them out for most of week & look forward to Thursday & Saturday. I guess this weekend I will be at a different site.

Also I think doing the same thing over & over again is very boring that is why I don't play dash games or 3 Match etc

ARE YOU KIDDINGME?!! THOSE GAMES OUTNUMBER THE REST 100 TO ONE. A HUNDRED to one. Seriously. I'm shocked & very annoyed that anyone would even consider posting this.

Go to: