Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Delicious: Emily's New Beginning here!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Dec 21, 14 9:23 AM
ano1942 wrote:I'm having trouble with the burgers. They keep disappearing before I can get them served.

That isn't a glitch, you are not preparing the burgers properly. Start with the bottom bun on the left, then take the meat, then take the top bun from the right.

Edited on 12/21/2014 at 9:24:00 AM PST

Lisa_41
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa_41 on Dec 21, 14 11:02 AM
Packer_Backer wrote:To repeat:

I've downloaded and installed this demo twice. Every time I try to run the game, it sets one of my other currently-installed games on the "waiting to activate" list. I have yet to get into this game.

Windows 7, 4G RAM, all sorts of browsers. 64-bit OS. Windows updates are current.

UPDATE: my Windows does auto-updates but I forced another check. I chose to upgrade my optional display but four Windows "important" updates came up, most involving Microsoft Visual C++. After restarting my system, the angels sang and I got through the demo.

How did you force the check?

[Post New]by zoec1988 on Dec 21, 14 4:05 PM
I'm having the same problem as everyone else here. Unable to play, tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Sometimes play button registers and then says the usual thankyou for playing- you still have 60 mins left to play again. I was lucky enough to play the demo survey with no problems at all and have been eagerly awaiting this on bfg. just glad I didn't purchase until this glitch is fixed.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Dec 21, 14 7:41 PM
Lisa_41 wrote:
Packer_Backer wrote:To repeat:

I've downloaded and installed this demo twice. Every time I try to run the game, it sets one of my other currently-installed games on the "waiting to activate" list. I have yet to get into this game.

Windows 7, 4G RAM, all sorts of browsers. 64-bit OS. Windows updates are current.

UPDATE: my Windows does auto-updates but I forced another check. I chose to upgrade my optional display but four Windows "important" updates came up, most involving Microsoft Visual C++. After restarting my system, the angels sang and I got through the demo.

How did you force the check?

Go to Windows Update. Once there on the left hand side you should see a link that says Check for updates. Click on that and it should start searching for any updates you're missing. Hope that helps!

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Dec 22, 14 4:43 AM
First off 8.1 here. Players at **** reported crashing and freezing. It crashed once for me in the trial there. The trial at Bigfish played fine, but the full game has froze twice, once in the 3rd and once in the 4th restaurants. I had to shut my computer down with the button on the CPU. I couldn't even bring up the desktop. I may not play it on full screen. I discovered another way to end the game without a total shut down and getting to the desktop. After pushing the button on the computer a screen comes up telling you what programs are stopping the computer from shutting down. It lists the game of course. At the bottom of the screen you have a choice of "shut down anyway" or "cancel". When you click "cancel" it takes you to the start page where you can click on your desktop. A system popup comes up with
ERROR: Access violation at 0x00716AD (tried to read from 0x0A7BB428), program terminated. It hasn't froze up on the small screen yet.

Edited on 12/22/2014 at 12:04:08 PM PST

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 22, 14 6:09 AM
There are glitches in this game- I have it on both MAC & PC- MAC plays better

On the level where the dad is collecting the tools- I have had him standing

there with no 'bubble' over his head * had to restart level

On one level- the cherry pies didn't work- but apple did

Most bizarre- I have had Emily vanish in the middle of a game...

It is VERY hard to earn enough in each game to buy all of the items for sale..

Not enough levels to each

BUT- glitches will be worked out- GREAT series

For real charm- play Holiday.....wonderful

LS

[Post New]by Amberflame73 on Dec 23, 14 6:40 AM
Having the same issue, I have bought, downloaded and installed this game but it will not open. I have tried various things included in the Help pages but to no avail.

Using Windows 7 professional 32bit

Edited on 12/23/2014 at 8:12:26 AM PST

honest2
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by honest2 on Dec 23, 14 6:41 AM
IS IT FIXED YET ?

[Post New]by tuennes on Dec 23, 14 7:50 AM
the Demo-version went fine without problems. But now, after I bought the collectors edition my progress is no longer saved. I have to start at the very beginning every time again and again...absolutely boring.

[Post New]by glorya4 on Dec 23, 14 10:17 AM
Windows 7 PC I played the demo on Big Fish and it worked fined. Now that I purchased it won't play. I have the same issue everyone else on here has. I have restarted my computer a number of times. Uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times. I have contact tech support they offered me a free game instead of this one. I don't want another game I want to play this one, which is why I bought it.

hlz21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by hlz21 on Dec 24, 14 5:41 AM
Has anyone found a solution to this? I also was able to play this via Game House but am not able to play via Big Fish which seems odd to me. I have Windows 7. Thank you.

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Dec 24, 14 5:41 AM
There's a post at *** saying that some of the problems have to do with their installer and have a link to a different one. I hope BigFish catches on. I have 8.1 and the only problem I have is the game freezes in full screen.

hlz21
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by hlz21 on Dec 24, 14 8:14 AM
The only thing I have been able to find that I think it might be is the game requires a CPU Processor of 3 GHZ and my computer only has 2. Is there any way around this?

Ok I have finally gotten it to run for me....please excuse the incorrect jargon, i'm not a technical person at all.

I downloaded updated versions of directx and adobe flash and I updated an updated version of my video card driver. I've played up to level 7 without any problems. Good luck everyone!! Let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help if i can.

Edited on 12/24/2014 at 9:23:45 AM PST

coppermermaid
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by coppermermaid on Dec 25, 14 8:49 AM
tuennes wrote:the Demo-version went fine without problems. But now, after I bought the collectors edition my progress is no longer saved. I have to start at the very beginning every time again and again...absolutely boring.

I had a different game that did that and tried "run as administrator" and it worked.

[Post New]by Nationalelf on Dec 25, 14 1:42 PM
Just to add that I too cannot open the game, using Windows 7. I've tried running as administrator, but no luck. I've bought this game, and uninstalled/reinstalled 3 times so far.

Why is no-one from BF coming back on this one??!

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 25, 14 3:46 PM
I had all of the captured moments in Paiges book vanish during restaurant 5

frustrating

[Post New]by patmcc1 on Dec 28, 14 2:32 PM
I have a MAC computer and the trial version played just fine so I bought it but now it won't activate. It says Game Manager has an internal error. I tried EVERYTHING they recommended and nothing works. The funniest thing about this is that this just happens to me when they have a big sale. It happened once before and they just refunded my money. Never did get the game to play.

Cookyville
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by Cookyville on Dec 28, 14 8:55 PM
FRUSTRATING

There are glitches scattered throughout the game

I hope they fix it

Cookyfish

Nitesha25
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Nitesha25 on Dec 29, 14 8:06 AM
I'm getting an ERROR message when I attempt to play or open the game.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Dec 29, 14 2:47 PM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see there's trouble with the game not starting and some error messages! If the game isn't starting, it sounds like it could be crashing on launch. For these errors, I strongly recommend checking out the following help articles, depending on which situation you're in:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Access Violation

If issues continue after trying out the steps in those help articles, please contact Tech Support HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and a detailed description of the steps you've tried. Our Reps are always happy to help out

bfgVaiya

Go to: