Re:TGT - Mevo and the Grooveriders

[Post New]by MevoGrooverider on Apr 28, 09 12:47 AM
Hello folks!

We'll be posting more information on the coming contest just as soon as the Mevo and the Grooveriders Big Fish forum is up and running! We appreciate your patience, and look forward to sharing the news with you!

Thanks!
MevoGrooverider

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Apr 28, 09 12:54 AM
Whats this about, Mevo? I'm about to delete the game - 10 min. of Demo left.

Looks like you need to click right on 1/100 of a second to succeed.

Edited on 04/28/2009 at 1:31:05 AM PST

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 28, 09 1:28 AM
MevoGrooverider wrote:We are pleased to hear that so many of you fishies are already enjoying Mevo and the Grooveriders! As an independent developer, we are very interested in hearing about your play experiences. We know that some folks may think that rhythm might not be their thing, but we’d like to think Mevo and the Grooveriders is a special kind of game with a little something for everyone.

Well, yeah, for me that little something was about 10 minutes of demo before I could no longer play it...

Honestly though, I do think it is a great game for those people who *can* do fast coordination things, but realize there's lots of us out there who can't. Perhaps you can consider that market in your next developement project since you have produced an excllent game, but no, not for "everyone".

[Post New]by sand3i on Apr 28, 09 4:29 PM
I have Vista and Mevo keeps disappearing when I play for very long or the arrows disappear. Any suggestions?

I really like the game but don't like the problems!

Thanks

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Apr 28, 09 5:25 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Mevo is disappearing on you. I would make sure that you don't have any programs running in the background that might be interfering with the game. Of course, on thing I always recommend is contacting our Customer Support team. Our Customer Support team are trained to deal with these types of problems and will work with you to get our game working properly.

You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Thanks for posting in our forums!

PetraElster
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by PetraElster on Apr 29, 09 4:22 PM
Hi,
I am trying to play the game. Played up to level 8. Very cool and fun to play until level 6. I am pretty good at games. I always finish a game with the highest ratings, but I cant follow some of the sequences on levels 6, 7 and 8. Got a gold Gruv ant level 6, but that is it. I´ve got all the gruvs on the first 5 levels, but now I am really dissapointed since I cant even get to level 9.
I used a game credit on this game because it was really cool to play, but I think I will have to give up playing it.
Is there any other way to unlock the worlds? I just wish I could play the whole game before uninstalling it.
Thanks.
Petra

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on Apr 30, 09 8:47 AM
Hi Petra,
No I don't think there is any way to try the levels without completing the previous ones. I agree it would be good.
I think you've done brilliantly getting so far, I am struggling on level 5 & 6
Don't you just enjoy re-doing levels to see if you can beat your number of perfects, trying out different heads and bodies and dances etc? I do.
Then I go back to the levels I haven't done and try again.

I popped in here to see if the developer has been back to tell us more about the contest, but so far no news

mews

reginleif
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by reginleif on May 1, 09 11:34 PM
Yeah, after a couple of frustrating days, I'm going to have to revise my opinion of 100% awesome to about 50% awesome.. because that's as far as I can get in the game. I've gotten Diamond gruvs up through level 5, I think, and I can't even complete the last desert level because it's absolutely redonkulous. Difficulty ramps up way too fast, so I've blown money on a game I'll never finish. I was so excited and pleased with it at first, too.

[Post New]by sanchezjsc on May 3, 09 9:17 AM
I completely agree with PetraElster -- I, too, LOVED the demo and quickly purchased the game, got to level 8, and can't go any further.
I can't finish level 8 (have been trying for days) and I can't get a diamond gruv on level 6 or 7. So, I feel kind of ripped off since I can only play half of the game, although I will go back and replay earlier levels.

I'm also having some trouble with Mevo turning completely white on some levels and white boxes appearing and blocking the arrows. I'm not running any other programs, so I'm not sure what's causing it. It seems to happen after I've been playing for 15-20 mins -- usually doesn't happen when I first start the game.

Well, I think this game concept is awesome, but the exponentially increasing level of difficulty kind of ruins it.

**Update** - I have to say, you get better the more you play. I just finished level 15 (the last level)... there was no "The End" message, though -- do I need to get a diamond gruv on level 13 - 15 or is this it? In any case, this is a great game -- it just takes persistence

Edited on 05/17/2009 at 9:27:37 AM PST

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on May 3, 09 3:05 PM
Yes I tend to agree about the difficulty increasing too rapidly. I still love the game but would have liked it to be a more gradual process so that you could reasonably expect to complete the game or at least get through most of the levels.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on May 3, 09 7:26 PM
I think it'd make it easier to go to the next world if you had to get gold gruvs instead of the diamond... I think my computers getting mad at me for cussing at it lol (and the freestyle mode is hard on my keyboard lol)

Edited on 05/03/2009 at 7:27:02 PM PST

[Post New]by smallstuff28 on May 5, 09 2:10 PM
I totally enjoyed this game. It took many many MANY tries on some levels, but I finally beat it. The more I played the better I got. I can go back to the hardest level and beat it with no troubles now. Its wicked fun once you get the hang of it.

[Post New]by sanchezjsc on May 6, 09 5:00 PM
You are right! I just got the diamond gruv in level six AND beat level 8!

KCCT
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by KCCT on May 7, 09 9:07 AM
I finally got through Level 8. Dang, that was so hard! Didn't realize how close I was to the end (so many times) until I finished it. Like others have said, it took many, many tries and incredible frustration to get through it. Kinda scares me as to what is next...

I can only play this game for 10-15 intervals because I get too frustrated and lose concentration. Love the little guy though!

Kasey ~ Looking for new outfits for Mevo.

[Post New]by smallstuff28 on May 8, 09 8:42 AM
The following levels do get almost impossibly hard. I thought for sure I would never beat the game...but I was patient, and kept my cool and got through them. Now, I go back to play my favorite levels and they are almost too slow. Its like you have to train your brain and fingers to work in sync.

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on May 8, 09 2:16 PM
Yes you're right , as they say, "practice makes perfect", I'm getting there slowly but surely.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on May 10, 09 6:36 AM
When I absolutely can not pass a level I find it best to start from the beginning and play all the levels again. levels 1-3 I play a couple times each until I'm satisfied with the result (such as, miss no notes, or only miss a couple) then I move on to the next levels. When I get to the levels where I need a gold or diamond I give it a shot or two and then move on to the problem levels. By that time I'm usually warmed up enough to tackle it and pass the level.

PetraElster
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by PetraElster on May 16, 09 4:48 AM
twilyght wrote:I think it'd make it easier to go to the next world if you had to get gold gruvs instead of the diamond... I think my computers getting mad at me for cussing at it lol (and the freestyle mode is hard on my keyboard lol)

I completely agree. Getting gold Gruvs would be a better way to progress through the levels.

But I can see that some players have advanced past level 8. Thats amazing.

Congrats to smallstuff28 for beating the game. You´re a patience hero

Maybe I´ll try playing it one more time.

Best regards
Petra

[Post New]by BullwinkleJ on May 17, 09 12:12 AM
I'm having some incredible slow down in this game. Everything will drop to a crawl, then get very fast, then settle. Then it'll repeat the process. The music seems to be finishing before I get to the end.

It's happening in both full screen and windowed modes.

I am running Vista 64, but I haven't had a problem with any other games.

My video card is a GeForce 9800M GT.

Has anyone else had a problem?

mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

[Post New]by mews on May 17, 09 7:37 AM
I haven't had that problem BullwinkleJ (I'm Vista 32bit). Sometimes I have noticed that the music is slightly out of sync with Mevo but not to the extent of your problem.

Have you tried asking Bigfish for help? (green envelope, on the right of this page) It might be worth a try.

mews

Edited on 05/17/2009 at 7:38:30 AM PST

Go to: