kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

Re:TGT: Samantha Swift & the Golden Touch

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Apr 29, 09 4:55 AM
On the demo, I got as far as assembling the heart and then back to the museam where they were discussing it. Demo was over and i bought the game. Started playing again and I am back to the heart which is already assembled but it won't let me do anything. It just keeps saying assemble the heart. But it all ready is. Any ideas?

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 29, 09 4:55 AM
Charming French, scotcat!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 29, 09 5:01 AM
Well finslap me surprised... scotcat didn't say this was too easy?

*Really* pleased this ran for me as the first would not. Scared me a bit cuz it loaded a bit weird, but it's been good for 40 minutes so I came to buy.

Samantha Swift & the Golden Touch is very much like it's predecessor The Hidden Roses of Athena. Same basic structure of moving through locations solving inventory puzzles to open doors and go on to the next. Unlike the first objects are not as random which is a big plus for me. I remember hubby asking me while playing the first, "Why would she need to pick up beetles?" I like them making at least *some* sense to the story, though I do find myself wondering just how she's carrying all that stuff for the museum...

Untimed with no timed option. Plenty of hints, I've used 2 and picked up many. I always enjoy looking for bonus clues in scenes so that's another plus, and it's fun to watch 'em add up. The objects are pretty easy to find and the inventory puzzles engaging but not too difficult but it is just enough interaction to still make it fun, if not overly challenging. Mini-games I've seen so far are not anything brand new but well crafted. Graphics good and clean, story interesting. LOTS of inventory puzzles which I love.

I don't imagine this will be super long as Interactive Hidden Object games never seem to be, but no downsides I see so far and all kinds of quality. An enthusiastic Poodlebear Approved and:

mamas1945
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by mamas1945 on Apr 29, 09 5:29 AM
hi i need to buy one more game for my key chain "help" i can't seem to find if samantha swift and the golden touch is a FF could someone please answer this ty

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Apr 29, 09 5:36 AM
sorry it's not on the Faves list.

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Apr 29, 09 5:59 AM
The most popular games won't be a FF.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Apr 29, 09 6:16 AM
Love this game!!!
But stuck already. I just can not get the flower petals to match up to colors...UGHHH
Off to try again

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 29, 09 6:23 AM
dtouchton wrote:The most popular games won't be a FF.

Don't see how you can say that:

Cate West: The Velvet Keys
Flux Family Secrets: The Ripple Effect
The Serpent of Isis

and for older games ALL the MCF games, the Hidden Expedition and both Azadas. Not everyone has been a member long enough to have grabbed up those and lots of the others. I'd say there are many off the list that are "most popular games".

But back on topic - I did run across one minor annoyance or possibly a glitch in the TGT which is sometimes the cursor change for an area where a tool must be used doesn't happen. This is fine, one can usually logically figure it out, but the inconsistancy of it has me pixel hunting for cursor changes and eventually giving up and using a hint only to find it's an area where I *had* looked but no change happened or the "hotspot" was so tiny I missed it. Annoying, but not a game killer by any means. Not even half-way thru, want to keep playing but must sleep. Great game!

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Apr 29, 09 6:24 AM
grammyapples wrote:Love this game!!!
But stuck already. I just can not get the flower petals to match up to colors...UGHHH
Off to try again

You just need to get the ones in the corners, if that helps.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Apr 29, 09 6:36 AM
I'm not sure I'll be using very many hints on this one. if you click an item in the list, the scanner shows the shape and then you can mouseover the screen until that shape turns color. Yellow means you are close, orange means very close. And the scanner help is FREE.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Apr 29, 09 7:26 AM
lordkalvan wrote:I'm not sure I'll be using very many hints on this one. if you click an item in the list, the scanner shows the shape and then you can mouseover the screen until that shape turns color. Yellow means you are close, orange means very close. And the scanner help is FREE.

That's the beauty of it - when you discover it by yourself, and use the "power" given to you...

Mamas, don't miss a good game, only because it isn't FF. Pity to miss the pleasure...

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Apr 29, 09 7:58 AM
Has anyone had this bother with the game, I downloaded it and installed it, but when i click to open it, it says theres an error and that the language can't be created, I have never had a message like this before, I'm using Vista

Lou

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 29, 09 8:16 AM
well me too I cannot open this game, I got the foll. message: cannot find import, DDL may be missing, corrupt, or wrong version File D3DX81ab.dll" error 126" ...
I have contacted CS but somebody might know what is the problem

keltica
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by keltica on Apr 29, 09 8:35 AM
It's very annoying, i'm dying to play this game ... my error message is an eoleexception thingy ... something to do with the scripts ... grrrrrrrrrr ....

LOu

sawadee93
Koi
Koi
128,219 Posts

[Post New]by sawadee93 on Apr 29, 09 8:51 AM
well Lou ..do like me ..contact Customer Support here at

AnnBy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,653 Posts

[Post New]by AnnBy on Apr 29, 09 8:59 AM
I've played 10 minutes so far just to see if it worked. No problems here, although I didn't get that monk.

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Apr 29, 09 9:05 AM
I couldn't play the evaluation game but can play this one. Having the same problem with hotspots not showing. And actually I've given up for now because my cursor is unbelievably slow. Beautiful looking game. HO part very easy.

picman050967
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,226 Posts

[Post New]by picman050967 on Apr 29, 09 10:01 AM
dtouchton wrote:The most popular games won't be a FF.

Actually they generally are. Flux Family Secrets and Hidden in Time, both very recent releases have been battling for teh #1 and #2 top spots and they were both FF games this month. As a matter of fact, all the top 10 games currently on our site are FF games. This will change as it appears Samantha is headed for a top 5 spot based on early sales results.

Picman

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Apr 29, 09 10:05 AM
I have been looking forward to this one and saved my game coupon in hopes it would be out before the end of the month and it was!!! But not a Felix Favorite....and just needed one more for my mousepad....

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Apr 29, 09 10:10 AM
Koalanut wrote:I have been looking forward to this one and saved my game coupon in hopes it would be out before the end of the month and it was!!! But not a Felix Favorite....and just needed one more for my mousepad....

I was hoping this would be number ten for me as I really would like to have that keychain.

Go to: