Re:Unable to play Samantha Smith and the Golden Touch

[Post New]by giggers on May 3, 09 6:00 AM
I am having major problems with this game also. I have received invalid adress, script, and unknown movie messages. Reinstalling does not seem to work. Hope they get this corrected, I really enjoyed the game. I made it all the way to the last stage before it started going crazy.

LinLyn
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by LinLyn on May 3, 09 6:20 AM
I'm wondering if only those using Vista are having problems with this game? Has anyone with other Windows OS having problems?

Skeets181
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by Skeets181 on May 3, 09 6:26 AM
I have Vista and had no problems downloading or playing the game. Keep trying because it is a really great game.

Good Luck

Skeets

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on May 3, 09 1:43 PM
> I have received invalid adress, script, and unknown movie messages

That's not necessarily the game itself, but a problem with some of the underlying video playback software like bink or shockwave that the game is trying to call. Were you prompted to install other things like dx 9 when you downloaded the game?

You will definitely need to get in touch with BFG for something like this.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on May 4, 09 9:34 AM
Hello everyone! I'm sorry to hear that some of you are experiencing technical difficulties with Samantha Swift and the Golden Touch. I would recommend that you contact our Customer Support staff. They are very well trained in assisting with technical questions and concerns. You can contact them by clicking here.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

[Post New]by Grannycatty on May 4, 09 12:52 PM
Bravo the new Samantha Swift game. I had no problems downloading at all. This duo is on my very favorites list and its too bad some people are having trouble instead of enjoying playing. BUT-- I am stuck in the observatory, my tool box is full of zodiac symbols-- and there are tools waiting for room. It's like I have to do this before that before that and round and around. I've tried finding places to use the tools but to avail!! Has anyone got this far--and I hope beyond so they can give me a hint.

Edited on 05/05/2009 at 3:18:18 PM PST

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on May 4, 09 1:51 PM
Grannycatty,
When your inventory gets full, you need to make room by using the lever and the viewfinder.

ecblisa
Stingray
Stingray
5,078 Posts

[Post New]by ecblisa on May 4, 09 8:50 PM
Granny and Birds, I had that same problem, and I used a hint (which I don't often do) and it told me which items to use (as Birds said). It's a really lovely game, I think, just the right level of difficulty for some of us, and very well designed. As others have pointed out, the hidden objects relate to the scenes are are not just "junk piles."

[Post New]by Grannycatty on May 5, 09 3:21 PM
Grannycatty wrote:Bravo the new Samantha Swift game. I had no problems downloading at all. This duo is on my very favorites list and its too bad some people are having trouble instead of enjoying playing. BUT-- I am stuck in the observatory, my tool box is full of zodiac symbols-- and there are tools waiting for room. It's like I have to do this before that before that and round and around. I've tried finding places to use the tools but to avail!! Has anyone got this far--and I hope beyond so they can give me a hint.

Yes, my 33 yr old grandsonhelped me with the maze in the 1st Samantha Swift too. But he couldn't figue out what is supposed to happen in the observatory--so----I'm startimg over on the off chance I can play this level a bit differently and not get stuck. Thanks for your input tho!

[Post New]by Grannycatty on May 7, 09 4:48 PM
2nd time thru this game and all I did differently was make sure I could get some of the tools out of the inventory before I filed it with the Zodiac symbols in the observatory. The rest was really good and challenging at times but not so hard I was chewing nails. Thanks to those who sent suggestions. I Love these forums!!

[Post New]by dafleeman on May 9, 09 9:59 AM
Please help, I bought samantha swift and the golden touch after playing the free hour and I get an messege saying....TDIR manager. load can not load page, page No=0. Any ideas as to what I can do...please

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 9, 09 6:08 PM
dafleeman wrote:Please help, I bought samantha swift and the golden touch after playing the free hour and I get an messege saying....TDIR manager. load can not load page, page No=0. Any ideas as to what I can do...please

It's best to contact customer support with these kinds of problems. Click on the green envelope at the bottom of the column on the right.

Go to: