Mona1908
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Mona1908 on Dec 28, 14 4:48 PM
In the first HOP in Chapter 1 there is a symbol of a cube changing to a circle indicating there is a morphing object I stared at this for now about 40 minutes and see nothing. The SG does not list where the morphing items are. So I went onto the internet and found on YouTube the gameplay of chapter 1. It does not have the morphng symbol bu the swirly symbol so I am guessing this means there is no morphing item?

Also when I first installed the game I was asked to entered a product key. I deleted the game and re-installed it and the game started right up.

***update, shelf turns and then there is the morphing item. They really should have included a list in the strategy guide.

Edited on 12/28/2014 at 4:56:08 PM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition

[Post New]by jandg2007 on Dec 29, 14 5:47 PM
originalannee wrote:Trying to unlock the the desk lock and nothing works. I know the combination but how to make the dial or the numbers move?

I just had the same problem --- you have to put the slip of paper beside the code lock then it will let you enter the code.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Dec 29, 14 11:43 PM
Mona1908 wrote:In the first HOP in Chapter 1 there is a symbol of a cube changing to a circle indicating there is a morphing object I stared at this for now about 40 minutes and see nothing. The SG does not list where the morphing items are. So I went onto the internet and found on YouTube the gameplay of chapter 1. It does not have the morphng symbol bu the swirly symbol so I am guessing this means there is no morphing item?

Also when I first installed the game I was asked to entered a product key. I deleted the game and re-installed it and the game started right up.

***update, shelf turns and then there is the morphing item. They really should have included a list in the strategy guide.

There is a list on the last two pages of the guide with the morphing objects circled.

[Post New]by Iamward on Dec 31, 14 5:32 AM
I went through the whole game without any problems but once I got to the bonus game, I can't click on anything. I know that I'm supposed to grab the newspaper but no matter how many times I tap the screen, it cannot be selected. I have closed out of the game completely and also shut down my IPad several times but still no luck. If I can't continue on without restarting the game from the very beginning, I would like my money back. There's no sense paying the extra money if I can't get what I pay for.

manon1165
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Feather in Leather Tube Stuck

[Post New]by manon1165 on Dec 31, 14 5:40 PM
Can't get the feather out of the leather tube.

I opened up the tube and when I clicked on the contents inside, some letter showed up and now won't close down no matter where I click and now can't get the remaining contents in the tube.

Now can't get any further in the game.

LynneHS56
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by LynneHS56 on Jan 1, 15 5:26 AM
Has anyone replied to the people who cannot get the cupid - coz that is where I am stuck - can anyone help please?

INGamePlayer
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

Voice for FACT cards?

[Post New]by INGamePlayer on Jan 2, 15 7:39 PM
Isn't there supposed to be a voice reading the FACT cards? There are Play and Stop buttons and the graphics of a speaker portal on the player, and I seem to remember hearing the cards read to me in the Demo. But there is no sound in my full game. Am I remembering incorrectly or is this a glitch?

nodek
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by nodek on Jan 3, 15 10:04 AM
I found the two birds, but I have only 5 to place, no six and I can't continue with the game. What I should do?

[Post New]by sleeplessinAZ on Jan 3, 15 11:48 PM
In the bonus level I have gotten to the map, I added the 2 missing pieces and got the map pieces in order except for the bottom left corner that piece is sitting in the center of the map on top of the piece that belongs there. The bottom left corner was plain dark green even after I added the 2 missing pieces. I am playing on Windows 7 and haven't had any issues getting to this point. I have tried switching pieces and have tried to drag the piece down but 1 piece ends up on top of the center piece.

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 4, 15 3:17 PM
Hey there

I'm really sorry to see some of you are experiencing trouble with the game! If you're experiencing trouble with the game freezing or not responding when trying to move things, please check out the help article below:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've tried those steps, or if you're experiencing a different issue, please contact our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report and one of our Reps will be more than happy to help!

bfgVaiya

usignuolo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by usignuolo on Jan 8, 15 12:51 PM
Game will not save. It just puts us back to start when we log out and resets all the counters. In fact when we quit game it first displays a create user screen and then starts us off at the beginning when we try to play again. It is doing this each time. We have tried playing as admin and that makes no difference. We are running Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Please advise.

rposhard
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rposhard on Jan 15, 15 7:03 AM
In the bonus chapter, I have assembled the picture frame but it will not give me the item I need to continue. I checked the SG and my solution is correct. On three sides the frame pieces are locked in place, but on the yellow side the pieces will not lock in place despite the solution being correct. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem. I am running the game on Windows 8.1 and this is the first time I have run into a problem like this. Would greatly appreciate your advice.

When I restarted the game it worked...Go figure.

Edited on 01/15/2015 at 8:55:27 AM PST

[Post New]by NanaAvaLinda on Jan 18, 15 1:30 PM
Seal Stamp in the Circular Office?
I am really stuck here. I cannot find the Seal Stamp to get the wax from the box. Did I totally miss it???? Hints keep telling me to move on. HELP!

[Post New]by Pandalvr7777 on Jan 20, 15 8:04 AM
This game has had issues for me. I was able to play the demo just fine, and after purchasing it I was able to play and save several times. I was quite far into the game, and then when I came back, it had sent me backwards in the game, and even though I had items in my inventory from where I had previously been in the game, I couldn't return. I had to "replay" several scenes, and then I was just stuck after that. It wouldn't let me progress, and I couldn't do anything else. I feel like many of the games that I have purchased lately have been giving me some sort of issue. Its pretty frustrating.

[Post New]by kahnefan1 on Feb 15, 15 3:36 PM
Does anyone know how to get the game to work with windows 7? it will not work at all. I have the direct x up to date, java and shockwave too. i just installed the windows 7 yesterday so im not sure what to do. thanks

Nameplate with Jumbled letters

[Post New]by jedilady on Aug 11, 15 10:24 AM
I have the nameplate in inventory, with 5 letters to put into place. The 5th letter (sigma) won't move and I can't progress any further. Any assistance, please? I have tried restarting both game and phone.

HTC M8, 5.0.1

Thanks!

[Post New]by GhostWorks on Aug 21, 15 8:39 PM
I am on the Tower and there is supposed to be an hidden object game where the bird's nest is in order to get the part to open the trap door, but there is none there. So I'm stuck. Any suggestions?

Nameplate with Jumbled letters

[Post New]by Kiriel1066 on Jan 31, 16 8:43 PM
jedilady wrote:I have the nameplate in inventory, with 5 letters to put into place. The 5th letter (sigma) won't move and I can't progress any further. Any assistance, please? I have tried restarting both game and phone.

HTC M8, 5.0.1

Thanks!

I have this same issue. I also saw on a locked thread that someone was having trouble with the last letter - N. Did anyone have this problem and get it to start working?

Why are all these threads locked? None of them have any answers in it and people can't post that they too are having a problem. I am having trouble understanding what is the purpose for this forum if you can't do gameplay issues and posts like this about issues that may or may not be gameplay or technical are locked and supposed to be all posted here in one big massive thread. Other sites like Steam allow the community to answer posts indefinitely unless they get out of hand.

The issue I am having I am pretty sure is a technical issue but if we could post in a thread dedicated to a particular issue someone might answer me that it is a gameplay and I am missing something.

Hidden Expedition: Smithsonian Castle Collector's Edition Seal Stamp

[Post New]by howardjnl on Jul 20, 16 8:46 PM
I'm having this problem as well. I open the owl with the wolf's head and pick up an item. I can also see the seal stamp but can't select it to pick it up. I left the owl and now I can't look back into it again. I'm stuck with "move on" message in this whole circular office area with nothing to do.
I'm using Windows 10 x64.
John

[Post New]by 1234Frosty on Jan 1, 17 2:39 PM
01/01/2017

TJIS IS JUST AN AWESOME GAME, WHY DON'T THEY FINISH THE GAME? INSTEAD ALL OF US BIGFISH GAMERS HAVING TO GO THRU ALL OF THIS TORCHER EACH TIME TRY TO ENJOYING IT??? PLEASE CONCEADER THIS
OR LET US KNOW WHAT CAN BE DONE, WHY HAVE WE BEEN CHEATED OF SUCH AN AWESOME GAME???? I WOULD NOT EXPECT THIS FROM BIGFISH!!!!! HELP!!!!

Go to: