Journey_1
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

Re:pocahontas princess of powhatan

[Post New]by Journey_1 on May 1, 09 5:58 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I will try it..but learned my lesson about buying before I do. And just a little aside here.........finished Three Days, A Zoo Mystery yesterday morning........good hog, fun game, lots of different challenges, yet I didn't need a guide book to get through it. Nice for a change. Paid full price for it, and will be irked it it shows up on BF anytime soon, but it was such a good game, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Somebody should take a lesson from the ones who created this game. I would like more please.

I demoed Zoo and LOVED IT!!!!!! Great game with alot to do. I will hold out till Picmans update for next week. If it isn't there I will have to pay full price as I want this game!

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on May 1, 09 6:14 AM
Journey_1 wrote:
I demoed Zoo and LOVED IT!!!!!! Great game with alot to do. I will hold out till Picmans update for next week. If it isn't there I will have to pay full price as I want this game!

...A little bird told me: wait for Picman!!!

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 1, 09 6:15 AM
I started to buy this sight unseen...like I do most of my games. Just because it is a HO game. However, after reading the posts I think I will skip this one.

Teresa

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 1, 09 6:21 AM
Oh NEVER buy without demoing first. (large file games being the obvious exception) As much as I like some of the fishies here and maybe agree with them much of the time, they aren't me (or you) and can't be in 100% accordance with anyone else's tastes. The demo option is here and free, so why not use it.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 09 6:24 AM
Well, I tried it, even after working all night. had to use several hints on the first screen and then got stuck in the maze........it just wouldn't let me go where I wanted......back and forth, and back and forth.......yup that made me more seasick than the boat did.........maybe I will give it another try one of these days when I am rested and totally bored, but not now, lol.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 09 6:27 AM
I would have waited for Zoo Mystery, but didn't really think BF would get it anytime soon.........I had more fun playing that one than the Sam Swift one, lol.......Loved the first Sam and waited eagerly for the second. It is good too, but Zoo had me enthralled, lol.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on May 1, 09 6:29 AM
Just noticed the time thing on the last post.......don't know what the time is where you are, but it is 0928 here in GA and about time for me to get to bed........one more long 12 hour shift and then I can play my heart out......two more vials to go with Sam Swift and then I will be searching for another, lol.

twilyght
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by twilyght on May 1, 09 6:36 AM
topgamma58 wrote:Well, I can't even get past the first scene. These old eyes can not find the "needle" in a haystack, lol, and the hint circle is so large it didin't help me a bit. I must be looking too hard but so far I'm not impressed either.

Betsy
"In His Grip"

I had problems finding it. Topgamma, its a tiny silver line on one of the spokes of the wagon wheel towards the middle left of the screen, its laying on its side like this ------------- . hope that helps!

as for the game, totally agree, not worth the money. it wasnt fun and it annoyed me. I had to use hints and wait forever for the hint meter to load back up. It got better once I had two screens to flip through cause I had something to do while I waited for it. btw, whats up with looking for DEMON and DEATH? I couldnt find them at all, and I totally clicked on those waterstains on the walls? bleh.

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on May 1, 09 6:44 AM
Well I love this game, I like things that are hidden not just laying out in front of you.
Best of all I LOVE the music, I could listen to it all day, I was thinking how nice it would be to be reading a book or taking a nap with the music in the background, I must be just tired today

Momhart
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,296 Posts

[Post New]by Momhart on May 1, 09 6:50 AM
I played 20 mins. and BOOOOO!!!! I couldn't see a thing!!! I used a hint to locate the snake on the beach and still couldn't find it!!!

chandlersmom
Herring
Herring
373 Posts

[Post New]by chandlersmom on May 1, 09 7:23 AM
I was considering getting this one, but after your review I think I'm gonna skip it altogether. Thanks so much.

froggiefly
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by froggiefly on May 1, 09 7:45 AM
Well, I agree about the boat, but, I am enjoying the game. I had no troubles so far, like the challenge of actually having to look for the items too! I personally turned off the music, iritating to me. Does anyone know how long this is? I hate buying only to finish 10 minutes later!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 1, 09 7:48 AM
This is just an okay HO for me. Nothing about it excites me enough to purchase it.

[Post New]by dragonfairy5 on May 1, 09 8:02 AM
I downloaded this game and could have told everyone there was going to be problems with it.
How, you wonder? Well let me put it this way! When you install a game and then go to run it and it states that there is an error in the start up of the game and will not load at all, then there is a major problem with it.

My system must be more sensitive because if there is even the slightest iota wrong in the very start of the program, it will not load and will state an error trying to do so.

I love hidden object games but unless someone can come up with an logical (perhaps) reason why so many are having such problems with this game, I would not recommend people even trying.

Got one huge question for BFGs! Do you people even try these games on several different computer set ups before you place them up for others?

Word_Dudely
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Word_Dudely on May 1, 09 9:11 AM
bribling wrote:If you have any problems with the game, open the Options Menu and there you will see a choice for Open GL or Active X. Experiment. This is the first time I have seen these options in a game.

That option is for the video renderer used (DirectX is Microsoft's). Its an option in a few games, usually if there are more complicated graphics. I wouldn't mess with it too much unless you have video problems with the default option.

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on May 1, 09 9:34 AM
I was going to keep my opinion to myself...but let me just say...music is relaxing, items are tough to find and we don't want it easy...I also have a tendancy to get impatient and might click the "hint" button....liked the fact that the refresh on the "hint" button took 90 seconds as it made me slow down and look for things...I agree there were a couple that were just really really tough but some were very cleverly hidden..story was not too long..didn't we just complain about too much verbage in some of the games...and, in the end, I felt relaxed as I played and enjoyed the voyage.....(Sherlock Holmes made me green) so this one didn't bother me with the rocking boat....So I give it one for most of the items not being a click click gotcha and for a relaxing pleasant experience....just my opinion.

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on May 1, 09 10:11 AM
Another annoyance for me is that there was a misspelled word before we had even gotten to the first hidden object screen; "intriguing" was misspelled. I understand that English is not the native language of a lot of the developers, but what I really don't understand is....how hard and/or expensive can it be to find a decent proofreader for a game such as this one?

I had a terrible time finding the needle in the first screen as well; in fact, even after using a hint, I still couldn't find it. Find the needle in the haystack, indeed.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on May 1, 09 10:17 AM
just downloaded giving it a try .will let you know how it goes.

rebacin
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by rebacin on May 1, 09 10:33 AM
I demoed 35 minutes and stopped- was not impressed with this game- so disappointed too, since I love HO games....I'll save my credit for something else...
Thanks to all of you to for your imput on all the games- its really helpful!

[Post New]by kwisoon on May 1, 09 10:38 AM
BTW the people who created this game do not know their history. Pocahontas never had a romantic relationship with John Smith. She was only 13 at the time of his arrival!

Go to: