Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

Re:TGT - Hidden Object Show 1 & 2 Combo Pack

[Post New]by Protea on May 2, 09 9:28 AM
Not all of us have been with Big Fish from the beginning and don't own every game, I for one do not know these games and would really like some positive feed back regarding them...is it worth buying or not...any fish up to posting yea or nay? come on, some of you must have finished and enjoyed them.....need input please

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 2, 09 9:29 AM
I found them ok at first, but they got tedious pretty quickly.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 2, 09 9:34 AM
Protea wrote:Not all of us have been with Big Fish from the beginning and don't own every game, I for one do not know these games and would really like some positive feed back regarding them...is it worth buying or not...any fish up to posting yea or nay? come on, some of you must have finished and enjoyed them.....need input please

Hi Protea

There are forums on both these games with a lot of feedback you can check out

I think if you like standard HO games this deal is very good - I only have season 2 and it is a long game with 300 levels.

Protea
Manatee
Manatee
4,001 Posts

[Post New]by Protea on May 2, 09 9:36 AM
Thanks govegril...going to forums...never thought to do that

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 2, 09 9:43 AM
I was a little disappointed that there was no "New" game. I was also disappointed because I did not enjoy these games. They are probably good games, just not my taste is all. I was happy to see a bundle of two games offered, good deal! If you like this kind of game and don't have these yet, you are going to have a lot of fun!

BelindaR53
Clownfish
Clownfish
800 Posts

[Post New]by BelindaR53 on May 2, 09 9:46 AM
UH...OH......... You think BF is starting something new here?? I was very disappointed too. It's ok for ones that do not have these games....but, do you think BF is starting this as a regular thing...?
We need someone from BF to let us all know about this......MODS???? or someone.......

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on May 2, 09 9:51 AM
Protea wrote:Not all of us have been with Big Fish from the beginning and don't own every game, I for one do not know these games and would really like some positive feed back regarding them...is it worth buying or not...any fish up to posting yea or nay? come on, some of you must have finished and enjoyed them.....need input please

Hi Protea ....I have both games and I enjoyed playing them. They aren't the best, but I didn't find them the worst either. Give the demo a try, I think you will like them.

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on May 2, 09 10:08 AM
They both have a nice selection of game play, some I only find there. Piece of advice, in order to complete the game all the way to the end (in the first one you have to keep telling it play {3 times}, maybe the second too can't remember) you have to do each mode for each scene. No sense skipping just because you don't like a mode of play.

shuttlegrannyjo
Catfish
Catfish
1,575 Posts

[Post New]by shuttlegrannyjo on May 2, 09 11:11 AM
I had demoed this game (don't know which one...didn't know there were 2 of them) way back. But didn't have a credit at the time.
Been looking for it for quite soon time, now, but couldn't remember the name of it.
Then, during April's promo, they had the Discovery hidden object game and I thought, at first, that it was the one I had been looking for. (tho it wasn't, I like it as well)
So I'm a happy camper with this TGT...not only did I finally get the game that I have been trying to find all this time...but I got TWO of them!

Thanks BF!!!

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on May 2, 09 11:16 AM
They are fun. I enjoyed the comments that were made by the hosts. And the way the second one started was hilarious! I mean come on, how many hosts do you wish that would happen to?

wellcrap
Clownfish
Clownfish
686 Posts

[Post New]by wellcrap on May 2, 09 12:12 PM
I have both and enjoyed them. The host in the first is a little annoying, but that's what they make a volume button for. I listened to him for a little while and shut off the sound. Much better. If you are new to HOG games (like I was), these are great games to try. They are long and basically easy and can be stored away and played again.

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on May 2, 09 12:17 PM
kishimojun wrote:If you listen to some of the complaints here, you'd think this WAS a site that has only HOG games, ROFL!!!

33% of the games released in the last 40 days are hogs. That means 67% are games of other genres.

My issue is, probably stating this for the 100th time, is that the other 67% of the games that Bigfish gets are carried already on other portals. Instead of coming out with one exclusive hog after another after another, there should be some variation. The time management genre is sorely lacking over the past several months. Match 3s are getting old. No new object inlay games or intuitive puzzle games either. Am I whining? Certainly.

kiedon
Clownfish
Clownfish
552 Posts

[Post New]by kiedon on May 2, 09 12:33 PM
I found these games pretty much on the bottom of my list of HO games. Very annoying game show thing. Oh well, wish we has something new. Still playing the new Samantha Swift, it is a real winner.

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on May 2, 09 12:34 PM
I actually demoed this a long time ago and thought it was cute. When I saw it this morning I was pretty happy. As for variety in games, every time one come out someone says "why do they always have this type of game" no matter what kind of game it is.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on May 2, 09 12:41 PM
barbM wrote:I actually demoed this a long time ago and thought it was cute. When I saw it this morning I was pretty happy. As for variety in games, every time one come out someone says "why do they always have this type of game" no matter what kind of game it is.

barb, you are so right!!! If a TM comes out people are saying "where are the HOG's?", if an HOG comes out someone is complaining about how there are no good TM's or match 3's. BF can't win, can they?

barbM
Marlin
Marlin
9,026 Posts

[Post New]by barbM on May 2, 09 12:43 PM
Silly

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on May 2, 09 1:54 PM
I thought the entire point of having TGT, was to give us loyal BF fishie's a new game to look forward to each day, to be able to purchase.
Both of these games are previous games, BF has already had for sale, and I already bought both of them, so I am VERY disapointed, to say the least.
The first thing I do when I get up, is go to the BF site to see the NEW, TGT, there is no knew game for me to play today :-(
I will admit I am a gaming addict, no doubt about that, so it is going to be a long day..Boo hoo hoo .
I am still a BF fan, but please don't make this a habit, if you have a repeat game, put it on sale as a promotion, NOT a TGT.
That's my 2 cents worth, and I am only one person, but felt I needed to share how I feel about the TGT.

blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

[Post New]by blingykins on May 2, 09 2:04 PM
I guess most people are a little irked that it's not a new game .. do advertise a new game every day! This is not a new game .. I bought it last year and hated it so much after I found it just goes on and on and on .. that I never finished it!

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 2, 09 2:51 PM
In fairness to BF, they can only release games if developers create them.

I can't imagine that trying to find 365 new games every year that are up to the high standards of BFG is very easy.

But I do agree that the games styles seem to be getting a little repetitive lately.

What we need are some new puzzle-type games. Ones that cross genres or add strategy or that bring something completely new to gaming.

And how about some breakout/arkanoid type games? Or word games? Or card games that aren't endless repeats of solitaire or poker? Or even shoot-em-ups (as long as they aren't violent and bloody)?

(Woo Hoo! I'm a seahorse!)

Edited on 05/02/2009 at 2:52:31 PM PST

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on May 2, 09 3:14 PM
SublimeOne wrote:In fairness to BF, they can only release games if developers create them.

Very good point......BUT.....Bigfish has a huge influence over the developers' choices for game genre and design. In addition, Bigfish studios produce around 5 games a year- almost all hidden object.
(MCF, Azada, Hidden Expedition to name 3)

I am much more impressed with Playfirst because they have been coming out with a much wider variety of games- the usual dash, adventure/hog, casual rpg, strategy and sim. As a matter of fact, Dinertown Tycoon will be available next week on Playfirst. People who played the beta seem to love it, including ones who were never into tycoon games.

Playfirst will also be coming out with a new hidden object game called Dinertown Detective Agency.

Ok.....so someone might say to me, "Hey Don, enough whining already! If you don't like the game selection here, take a hike!" (But I DO like the game selection!)

Since 2005, I have purchased around 250 games from Bigfish, some of which before the Gameclub was introduced, and before Bigfish adopted the format of releasing 'a new game' everyday. In addition, the quality of games at Bigfish have gotten much better.

I just want to see more time management and action puzzle games created by other developers that work with Bigfish, thus ending up here. I know I am not the only one who feels that there are too many HOGs out there. If every HOG was like MCF 5, Azada, Flux Family Secrets, and Mortimer, I wouldn't complain, but that's not the case. Quantity is winning over quality lately. Personally I'd rather play 3 superb hog/tm games than play 10 games that are mediocre and substandard.

-Don

Go to: