I it and have already bought it.

C

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Re:pahelika secret legends

[Post New]by pashdi on May 23, 09 2:07 AM
Thank you Big Fish for this game. I downloaded the trial from another site happy that Big Fish has it available. Excellent game.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 23, 09 2:42 AM
So time is pretty much confirmed: each area is taking around 1/2 hour, your mileage may vary of course, so probably 3 hour game for me. I did play story bit at the beginning. So if duration is important to you this might be an issue. Also replayability, like with most adventure games, would be pretty negligable. BUT I LOVE IT!

Still defiitly Poodlebear Approved!

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on May 23, 09 2:44 AM
Looks like a great game! But because it's short, I won't be getting this one.

CYNTHIA
Stingray
Stingray
5,782 Posts

[Post New]by CYNTHIA on May 23, 09 2:50 AM
Good morning! DLing now; did a fly through on walkthrough(and I do mean Fly through) and seems to be alright length; graphics look good but don't know about sound yet(can always turn down or off). Even without doing trial ; it looks like a buy.

windrose53
Flounder
Flounder
2,385 Posts

[Post New]by windrose53 on May 23, 09 3:10 AM
I'm downloading the demo so I'll remember later that I wanted to try it. But (as several others here have mentioned) I'm still very busy getting my brains eaten by zombies.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on May 23, 09 3:19 AM
Tried it, like it, bought it This game is not too hard, not totally easy but I think you can play without the walkthrough if you give it a good try. Minis in the first hour are fairly simple. I have done two sliders, a jigsaw and solved some other nice puzzles. I hope it is longer than some have noted but, I still find it a good puzzle game.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on May 23, 09 3:34 AM
Well I'm playing the demo now and I really like it. My brain keeps telling me to buy it I just don't want to fly through it and feel cheated.

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on May 23, 09 3:52 AM
Oh this one is soooo good! Love it love love it! Have had to refer to the walkthrough though but that is my pure impatience - given time you can work it out. Love the mini puzzles, love the gaphics, love each difference scene. Absolutely agree with Poodle on this one. Replayability probably not for a good year but finding it excellent and been playing on and off for 3 hours and probably two thirds of the way through - but savouring every minute of it.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 23, 09 4:33 AM
Difficulty *definitely* ratchets up as you go along. I've now gotten to the last bit and must head to bed. Super game!

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on May 23, 09 4:50 AM
This game is a jewel! I bought it a while back from another site and enjoyed it immensely. The only problem I had was in the boiler room at the end of the game. It took me quite a few tries before I was able to open the transporter by keeping the needle in the safe zone!

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 23, 09 5:10 AM
Just want to add my 2 cents here, this is only my opinion of the game.

I have to say that this is a quality game. I think people who would like to try out an adventure game but are usually not good at them (like me ) will probably enjoy this game. I would categorize this as an "adventure light" type of game. If I were to compare it to something, it would fall along the lines of the Dream Chronicles series.

The game has the right amount of complexity without being overly hard. Once you get into the game and figure out the mechanics, it will be easier to play.

The main thing you have to do in this game is to pay attention to the clues that are scribbled in some way, shape or form in the scenes. A lot of the clues to solving puzzles can be right under your nose

I've written a lot of walkthroughs and played a lot of games but this is one of my favorite games in recent history. The MCF series is still my favorite but this game has something different to offer.

Whether the game is long or short really depends on the player. Everyone does things at different paces. The 1 hour trial is free so you have nothing to lose by just trying it out for yourself.

Fin Hugs, to All!!

Margie B

[Post New]by trabbitt on May 23, 09 5:29 AM
I need to find the guide for this. Where do I go to find a "walkthrough?"

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on May 23, 09 5:52 AM
Trabbitt, welcome to the Pond.

If you tell us where you are stuck perhaps one of the fishes can help you.

C

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 23, 09 6:53 AM
Here is the link for the walkthrough for Pahelika: Secret Legends on the BFG blog. The walkthrough has just around 100 screenshots and it has some video solutions to help you along.

You can copy and paste the link below into your address bar:

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/pahelika-secret-legends-walkthrough/

Thanks,

Margie B

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 23, 09 7:26 AM
I bought this game without the trial as I had read many good things about the game. Have not got to play yet but looking forward to doing so.

[Post New]by sadeymae2 on May 23, 09 9:10 AM
can anyone help, i have too many things in my inventory, i cant combine anything, and i cant pick up what i need next, any way to put things back?

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 23, 09 9:26 AM
sadeymae2 wrote:can anyone help, i have too many things in my inventory, i cant combine anything, and i cant pick up what i need next, any way to put things back?

You can't put things back. What section are you in? If you tell us what you have we may be able to help you.

Margie B

[Post New]by sadeymae2 on May 23, 09 9:47 AM
margie134 wrote:
sadeymae2 wrote:can anyone help, i have too many things in my inventory, i cant combine anything, and i cant pick up what i need next, any way to put things back?

You can't put things back. What section are you in? If you tell us what you have we may be able to help you.

Margie B

I am outside the fairy garden, Part 1, I have yellow,orange and red gem, 2 notes, empty bottle, bottle with red, green plant, fishing line, magnet, key, hollow stick

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on May 23, 09 9:48 AM
Wow! This is fun!
Thanks for the tip-off guys!

Got to the second bit of the fairy garden, and just opened the next door when the free trial ended... so I had to buy didn't I?
What else could a fishie do?

were very clever dropping the price for all purchases, so I can't argue with myself that I should wait until next months credit. Gave into myself on Dream Chronicles III as well.

Gotta go play!

Go to: