sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Revived Legends: Titan's Revenge Collector's Edition

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 1, 15 11:44 AM
Scottie 12 wrote:

I am intrigued and puzzled! Sunnyglow, how do you know what Saturday's game will be?

NOT SCREAMING JUST EMPHASIZING MY POINTS HERE ABOUT FUTURE GAMES AND BF GAME SITES ON FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE PLUS: LOL. Not everything in CAPS is screaming - just a matter of opinion. I am always polite to MOST people.

Anyway - Scotty - go to Facebook or Google plus and access the BF site. There are now two programs - "Jessica's Playlist" and newly designed "The Pond" which give you that information. Hope that helps you or anyone else who wants to know the games available for the week. Need to go now. Sorry if I offended anyone by CAPS. None was intended. Some of us receive beta copies of games to test and survey. I have received quite a few lately. I see you are new to the site. They will probably be sending you some in the future to beta test as well.

It is a GREAT (MORE CAPS AND SCREAMING LOL ) INFOMERCIAL which also tells you more about what other things are going on with BF. However - You can't always go by the info because they pull games from time-to-time. I will pm you as well.

I think Jessica and Carlos do a nice job as well. If they read this - good job guys! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK (GEE MORE SCREAMING!) lol (a little giggle)

Edited on 01/01/2015 at 11:47:30 AM PST

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Jan 1, 15 12:07 PM
sunnyglow wrote:Not everything in CAPS is screaming - just a matter of opinion.

FWIW: Not only an opinion. Google "netiquette all caps" and you'll see why most ppl will (still) understand it as shouting -- esp. if they don't know your differing opinion and don't see your smile.
For emphasizing a word or so, it'll be probably OK, but there's also the explanation that "text in upper case is significantly more difficult to read than lower and mixed case text".

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 1, 15 12:40 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:

I can't take the giggling and joking (they try way too hard) around on The Pond, and only want a list of upcoming games. So, I get my information from one of several sites online where someone else was kind enough to watch the video and post the information.

I always heard that all caps was screaming. A few words in caps is for emphasis, but all caps is a post I won't bother to read. It bugs my eyes!

Thanks twinsoniclab - one of our awesome reviewers! I was under the same info as all of you who have chimed in. However, I was "informed " by a computer "expert" that all caps was alright if you wanted to emphasize facts. I will note this. Sorry if I offended anyone. I will refrain from caps from now on on this site. Sorry I started another tempest in a teacup.

Personally I like the infomercials. Yep- they do clown around quite a bit - but I guess I like the humor on the site. Now - no offense, but Carlos really needs to read a few issues of GQ LOL. Let's put it this way - I wouldn't want to be seen internationally wearing a red "pizza" t-shirt. Anyway, thanks for chiming in twinsoniclab.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 1, 15 1:07 PM
sunnyglow wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

shagwendy wrote:

But I don't want to play something that's assuming those gods are real and here now, especially at Christmastime. I'm not a religious prude type person but this just hits me wrong. I know it's just a game, and everyone has their own beliefs, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others who understand what I'm trying to say. And if it gets stellar reviews I might even try it, I just wish the storyline was a little bit different.

Oh boy - here I go again defending BF. I grew up in a religious family (Catholic) with a very religious mother and attended parochial school. I can see your perspective - believe me! Sometimes I think my "saintly" mother lives at the local church. LOL However, that being said, please realize that this company is a business. BF is a "family" gaming site - not a "religious" gaming site. I would follow one simple rule - if you don't like a game - don't purchase it! The non-purchase of games speaks volumes to the companies which provide them.
<snip>
BF sent me today's game to beta test. I have not demoed it yet. However, if it is like the beta, I thought it to be an okay game - not terrific, but okay. My review will be posted tomorrow. Just too much going on today to play the demo . Sorry - but I did not see it as promoting god and goddess worship. It is a nice game which seems to provide a few factoids about classical Greece.

However, I can SO TOTALLY UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSTRATION WITH BF GAMES. BTW - if you think this game is lame - wait until you see Saturday's offering. It is one of the worst games I have ever played. I beta tested the game slated for Saturday. One of my favorite series has been farmed out to another developer - and that may not be a good thing! But, knowing BF, they will probably pull the game last minute due to technical difficulties. LOL Actually - that might not be a bad thing!
You don't have to defend BFG because I'm not attacking them, they can put out whatever games they want, I don't care. But I think it's good for a company to know why someone isn't buying their product.
BTW, I didn't think you were screaming, you only had one sentence in caps.

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jan 1, 15 1:29 PM
I didn't mean Sunnyglow's use of all caps in that instance, it was obvious that was for emphasis. It's the other posts from people who write in all caps screaming at big fish because they're mad about something.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Jan 1, 15 1:40 PM
Persistent_Cat wrote:I didn't mean Sunnyglow's use of all caps in that instance, it was obvious that was for emphasis. It's the other posts from people who write in all caps screaming at big fish because they're mad about something.

And a lot of times they're so it looks like they got so mad that their hair is all sticking out, it cracks me up

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 1, 15 3:52 PM
First, Happy New Year to all of you !!!

Sorry my ignorance, but what is caps ?????

M.

twinsoniclab
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,464 Posts

[Post New]by twinsoniclab on Jan 1, 15 5:02 PM
minesita wrote:First, Happy New Year to all of you !!!

M.

WRITING LIKE THIS! WHEN IT'S USED LIKE THIS IT IS CONSIDERED YELLING. Like THIS, it's for emphasis! Easier than changing the text to this.. or this...

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 1, 15 7:18 PM
Happy New Year, everyone!!

Well, this game came out yesterday (my yesterday - Thursday, 1. of January). And for me, any time after December, Christmas is over.

When the developers made this game, I am sure they didn't know when the game would finally be released, so it's not their fault that this type of game has been released here just after Christmas.

Personally, I am what the Chinese call a "free spirit". And I love all things Roman and Greek, including their Gods. Love all the mythology around them.

And let us not forget that many of the gamers on here are not necessarily from a "christian" country. Many Asian countries have several gods in their religion. I find it quite offputting that sorry, but mainly US Americans think that everything has to revolve around their language, culture, and religion.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 1, 15 8:47 PM
twinsoniclab wrote:
minesita wrote:First, Happy New Year to all of you !!!

M.

WRITING LIKE THIS! WHEN IT'S USED LIKE THIS IT IS CONSIDERED YELLING. Like THIS, it's for emphasis! Easier than changing the text to this.. or this...

Thank you Twin !

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 1, 15 9:18 PM
Valdy wrote:Happy New Year, everyone!!

Well, this game came out yesterday (my yesterday - Thursday, 1. of January). And for me, any time after December, Christmas is over.

When the developers made this game, I am sure they didn't know when the game would finally be released, so it's not their fault that this type of game has been released here just after Christmas.

Personally, I am what the Chinese call a "free spirit". And I love all things Roman and Greek, including their Gods. Love all the mythology around them.

And let us not forget that many of the gamers on here are not necessarily from a "christian" country. Many Asian countries have several gods in their religion. I find it quite offputting that sorry, but mainly US Americans think that everything has to revolve around their language, culture, and religion.

Happy New Year Valdy !

I agree with you, and the problem is not with Americans only, is for people who don't know about other cultures or religions.

Most Europeans understand better the different situations in the world, but here in US (as Argentinian-American myself) is difficult to know also about our country (it's so big) !

Personally, I love Greek mythology, and I'm a Catholic, and this person in the pond was so good expressing her/his opinion .

Enjoy the game ,
M.

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jan 1, 15 11:00 PM
Valdy wrote:Happy New Year, everyone!

In Greek mythology, there is no single original text like the Christian Bible or the Hindu Vedas that introduces all of the myths’ characters and stories. The earliest Greek myths were part of an oral tradition that began in the Bronze Age. Greek myths, plots & themes unfolded rather gradually in the written literature of the archaic and classical periods.

Funny how todays consumer products use names from Greek mythology. "Nike" runners are the namesake of the "goddess of victory". The mythical "Amazon" female warriors lent their name to ? High school, colleges & professional sports teams, "Titans, Spartans and Trojans", are names from mythological sources.

I thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the game. Playing the game made me realize how little I knew about Greek mythology. Off to the library to borrow some, free-of-charge, knowledge!

Happy New Year to all!

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 2, 15 9:41 AM
Valdy wrote:Happy New Year, everyone!!

Thank you for that post. The earlier remark really got under my skin, assuming that everything revolves around Christianity (and the US) but I couldn't have expressed that as politely as you did.

enerald
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by enerald on Jan 2, 15 1:21 PM
Well said Valdy, Snap. Totally agree! Ancient myths, legends, sagas - mainly oral - cover the names of the days of the week, time divisions, (month = Moon), etc, etc ... a world (literally) of understanding & comprehension from every continent & their people). It's rather like looking @ the "fingerprint" of the universe from the satellite telescopes - the underlying theme is " Why Is It So?" One question's answer will lead (in some form of mathematics) to a surprising virtually endless number of extended questions ........

A happy, prosperous & joyful New Year to all <3

PS: We have a contributor here who has bad eyesight & thus ALL her/his posts are in caps (upper case). *_0

Edited on 01/02/2015 at 1:23:02 PM PST

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 2, 15 2:02 PM
Valdy wrote:

No truer words said, my dear Valdy. As she states, BF purchases these games and makes the decision when to release them. Christianity did not exist during the classic Greek period - so of course they worshiped different gods. And again, the game is not about religious conversion - it is about a culture and giving a few factoids about that culture.

Geesh I went to a Catholic school (like slave drivers they were - LOL) and we studied the varying cultures and religions of the world. "Open mindedness and acceptance of differing cultures" are virtues which I aspire to. I, for one, have a thirst to learn as much as possible about all subjects.

However, again it must be said - if you don't like a game for whatever reason - just don't purchase it. And it must be stated, sadly, I am finding fewer games to purchase on this site lately . And for me, it is not about the game themes, it is about the quality of the content and construction of the games.

BTW- this is not meant to insult BF. BF is just an agent which purchases these games. They cannot purchase what is not available to purchase. To me, the quality of the games from the major devs has been spiraling downward.

Sad to say, if Saturday's game (which I am certain some will like) is like the demo, I will be left with nothing to play this week. I am also sad to see the deterioration of one of my favorite game series as well.

However, I am "sunnyingly "(is that a word? - I made it up) hopeful that 2015 will see some better games on this site. My 2015 wish is for better games from BF and getting rid of the dreaded "cutesy" and not so cutesy helpers! LOL

Edited on 01/02/2015 at 2:03:50 PM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Jan 2, 15 10:38 PM
We have had games about Norse gods, Druids, and various ancient evil entities who have awakened to inflict damage on contemporary populations. Athena and other Greek gods are before Christianity, so this game has is no real connection to Christmas, nor is it disrespectful to Christmas.

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 2, 15 11:28 PM
We have had games about Norse gods, Druids, and various ancient evil entities who have awakened to inflict damage on contemporary populations. Athena and other Greek gods are before Christianity, so this game has is no real connection to Christmas, nor is it disrespectful to Christmas.

Exactly!

firehorsecos
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by firehorsecos on Jan 3, 15 4:31 AM
shagwendy wrote:But I don't want to play something that's assuming those gods are real and here now, especially at Christmastime. I'm not a religious prude type person but this just hits me wrong. I know it's just a game, and everyone has their own beliefs, but I'm sure there will be plenty of others who understand what I'm trying to say. ... That's just my personal opinion, I'm not saying the game shouldn't have been made, I'm not saying people shouldn't buy and enjoy it, I'm just saying it grates with my own personal belief system. I'm sure most people won't agree with me and I hope you all love the game

.......................HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Just for some perspective - not to disrespect your religion, but to give you some facts - there are at least 38 major world religions that predate Christianity that are based around the Winter Solstice. Your Christian God is a late comer to the Winter Religion scene. In point of fact, it has been proved - by biblical scholars no less - that Christ can't possibly have been born at "Christmas". The Catholic Church deliberately "moved" the date of his birth when they found they could not prevent the practicing of Pagan Winter Rites. They scheduled the celebration of Christ's Mass to coincide with Pagan Winter Rites in order to gradually undermine those Rites and attempt to phase them out (as they did with several other Pagan Holy Days). Just like they did by building churches on top of Pagan holy sites, and turning various Pagan Gods and Goddesses into Catholic Saints. So the next time you hear a Christian ranting about putting Christ back into Christmas, you might think about the fact that Christ doesn't really belong in Christmas in the first place. Christ was born in a completely different part of the year (I can't remember exactly when now - blasted fibro fog). The Winter Rites belong to the Pagan Spiritual beliefs.

Now, having said all that, as a Pagan (as I'm sure you have guessed by now) as far as I am concerned, Christ is more than welcome to share in the Winter Solstice Rites. Just so long as Christians stop trying to claim sole ownership of the Holy Day. As I said, I just wanted to share a different perspective.

Firehorse

9otters
Clownfish
Clownfish
860 Posts

[Post New]by 9otters on Jan 4, 15 2:12 AM
Thank you, firehorsecos.

Appreciate your effort to enlighten with actual history. Eddie Izzard does an excellent job too! LOL!

bfgVaiya
Salmon
Salmon
2,557 Posts

[Post New]by bfgVaiya on Jan 4, 15 1:18 PM
Hey there

I just wanted to pop in with a friendly reminder of the Forum Rules. With a topic as sensitive as differing religions and their presence in games, it can easily get a little tense, so please keep the following in mind :

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

The pertinent portion of the rule is emphasized in bold above.

It's really great to see such a constructive conversation on the content of the game, and I'm glad to see how positive it's going!

bfgVaiya

Go to: