blingykins
Shark
Shark
13,353 Posts

Re:Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy of Nikola

[Post New]by blingykins on May 7, 09 5:34 AM
Is there a lot of 'talky stuff' between levels with this game .. am not a fan of 'talky stuff' between levels!

kishimojun
Stingray
Stingray
4,534 Posts

[Post New]by kishimojun on May 7, 09 5:36 AM
In the hour I demoed? Yes, lots of "talky stuff" but easily skipped through.

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 7, 09 5:47 AM
I did not think there was that much talky stuff but then again I don't mind talky- it gets me involved with the story.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on May 7, 09 5:57 AM
I am really enjoying this game. The dialogue parts really don't bother me, and most of the games are interesting. I couldn't make it all the way through the string game, bummer!! I usually don't have any trouble, the last one got me, I had to skip it. I wasn't crazy about the purse parts though, I don't use a purse and didn't like having to rummage through one in a game. Still in all, it's been pretty neat and I'm glad I finally got to use that credit that was burning a hole in my fin!!

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 5:59:31 AM PST

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 7, 09 6:10 AM
Hi Everyone!

Just to let everyone know, you can find the walkthrough for Laura Jones and the Secret Legacy in the BFG blog. Just copy and paste the link below to your address bar.

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/laura-jones-and-the-secret-legacy-of-nikola-tesla-walkthrough/

Good Luck!

Margie B

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 9:03:56 AM PST

NANA5LOVE
Clownfish
Clownfish
529 Posts

[Post New]by NANA5LOVE on May 7, 09 7:50 AM
I really like this game, I could not believe it when I played 50 min of the demo without realizing it.
I like the voices reading me the story but if there is a lot to read like the letter, I just turn down the volume and read it myself because they read it really slow.

I will be buying this game because I like HO games with something to do other than just finding objects.

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on May 7, 09 8:20 AM
i am addicted to HO games, also adventure games. I am from Belgium, 62 years old, my husband is very sick so i can t watch tv and spend many hours on my computer.
Tried other game sites also but came to the conclusion that there is only one site without problems and that s BIG FISH.
Loving this game !

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on May 7, 09 9:23 AM
dimajo wrote:i am addicted to HO games, also adventure games. I am from Belgium, 62 years old, my husband is very sick so i can t watch tv and spend many hours on my computer.
Tried other game sites also but came to the conclusion that there is only one site without problems and that s BIG FISH.
Loving this game !

WELCOME TO THE POND:

I have a sick hubby BUT mine seats and watches TV>>>>>24 hrs 7 days "IF" he could.
I too, have my computer. I AGREE BIG FISH GAMES ARE "THE GREATEST".
Your English is very, very good.

Happy Gaming
PEN

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on May 7, 09 9:26 AM
I really enjoyed this game. I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn’t go back to sleep so I played this game. It is a lot of fun and the puzzles and mini-games are very good. At the end of the game there is a puzzle that takes a good bit of time. I kept watching the clock and hoping that I could finish it before I had to leave for work. I finished the game but I was 30 minutes late for work.

I am looking forward to playing it again when I get home this evening.

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 9:28:36 AM PST

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on May 7, 09 9:46 AM
Realy enjoying this one, light not hard but fun, and some of the games are differant with skip if needed. nice enjoyable fun game.

Lineck

dimajo
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by dimajo on May 7, 09 10:53 AM
i hope the makers of all these great games realize that they give joy and pleasure to so many people all over the world, playing these games make you forget about your troubles for a while.
By the way I am addicted to Fairway solitaire, and the best HO ever is still RTR

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 7, 09 11:26 AM
Thanks, Margie.

*raises fin*

I'm another fishie that's enjoying this game. Was bummed when the hour was up. Toying with whether to purchase now or wait and see what else shows up over the next week.

Hmmm... what to do.

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on May 7, 09 11:33 AM
Smallhaven wrote:Thanks, Margie.

*raises fin*

I'm another fishie that's enjoying this game. Was bummed when the hour was up. Toying with whether to purchase now or wait and see what else shows up over the next week.

Hmmm... what to do.

Hey Smallhaven *raises fin too*

Nice to meet you Oh go ahead and get it now, life is short, so many games, so little time Just kidding, I haven't had the time to play the game yet but it seems like the majority of people are enjoying the game. By the looks of it, it seems to be a high quality game. Let me know if you decide to get it and if you enjoyed it once you did.

Thanks,

Margie B

Cyndo123
Shark
Shark
14,957 Posts

[Post New]by Cyndo123 on May 7, 09 12:04 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Thanks, Margie.
*raises fin*
Hmmm... what to do.

I agree with you Small. This game is good... just not sure whether to purchase it now or wait until I finish all the other games I got going.........

*swims away shaking head....I just agreed with Small in front of everyone...Yikes!*

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on May 7, 09 1:29 PM
Cyndo123 wrote:
Smallhaven wrote:I'm another fishie that's enjoying this game. Was bummed when the hour was up. Toying with whether to purchase now or wait and see what else shows up over the next week.
Hmmm... what to do.

I agree with you Small. This game is good... just not sure whether to purchase it now or wait until I finish all the other games I got going.........

*swims away shaking head....I just agreed with Small in front of everyone...Yikes!*

*whips out notepad and pencil...

Cyndo agrees with *

*fin points up to Margie's reply to my reply*

Margie say's life is short, so many games, so little time. Looks like we're dipping into the wine money jar this week.

Edited on 05/07/2009 at 1:30:00 PM PST

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on May 7, 09 4:07 PM
My 2 cents says it is an OK game. I liked the other one too Gates of Good and Evil. I have just gotten to the part where I am suppose to make a pig out of the shrubs, so I quit for awhile. The only thing I don't like so far, is that a person has to be a speed reader to catch all those things Laura is saying to us. If you played the Gates of Good and Evil, you may have noticed that the characters are the same, only changed hair color and or the sex of a person.....like Grandma looks like one of the male characters from the other one, and Christian is the gardener only with blonde hair.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on May 7, 09 4:18 PM
This being a hybrid of hidden object/adventure, just isn't the type of game I enjoy.

I thought after the ferrett games and the purse searches, it might get better. I had to use the walk-through. My mind just doesn't automatically go to: stack the gray brick on the red brick and stand on the bricks to get a broken branch.

I am pleased that Big Fish offers such a variety of games. I know that there will be a game for me after a while. So, I'm back to finish my second trip through Escape from Rosecliff Island.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on May 7, 09 5:41 PM
It's so interesting to read others' opinions of a game that I didn't like. I still don't like it, but I can understand now why the rest of you do. Like I've said before, we're all different and we like different things, which is a good thing.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on May 7, 09 6:07 PM
Glad I bought it.....it's a fun game.

slester
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by slester on May 7, 09 6:20 PM
I liked the first Laura Jones, but really didn't like this one. Lasted about 8 min and was bored to tears. It was just plain silly and boring. Will not be buying this one.

Go to: