underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Midnight Mysteries: Ghostwriting CE here!

[Post New]by underwriter on Jan 3, 15 11:13 AM
Yes, I got this too - What's up with that?

I have learned that when a game wants to install DirectX or ActiveX or the like, I should go ahead and accept; it will see that /I already have it and won't change anything but a dot net message is new to me. Windows 7, Home Premium, 64 bit.

I can find links for it by searching so maybe that will help.

MaryEl wrote:I installed this game and it went fine. Then when I went to Play it, I got the following message:

To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

Never got this message before and I play and buy lots of BF games. I have contacted HELP desk, but was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this message and if so, what did you do to rectify it? Thanks.

[Post New]by jaffa7 on Jan 3, 15 11:15 AM
Game was fine, until i got to 'healing oliver twist' - even the hint tells me thats what i am to do next, but cant get the 'cotton' to clean the would like its supposed to - so, cant go any further. PLEASE fix the issues and dont just palm us off - i paid a lot of money for the CE, and it has been a good game so far. I also had the issue the other person had with the flowers in the water match game

[Post New]by Therealmargesimp on Jan 3, 15 11:20 AM
I couldn't apply the cotton, then I put the Doc book up on screen and it then allowed me to.

dobermans
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by dobermans on Jan 3, 15 11:26 AM
game was going fine and enjoying it. after using the lock pick to open window with doll, the mini game went blank and the sg was also blank!!! running windows 8

pjhundt
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by pjhundt on Jan 3, 15 11:32 AM
Windows 8.1 The little girl's ghost, Mary ?, speaks for appx 2.5 seconds. Much too fast to read her comments.
On further review, this only happens with all the ghosts and when I have Voice Over unchecked.

Edited on 01/04/2015 at 11:33:39 AM PST

KarlynG
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by KarlynG on Jan 3, 15 11:40 AM
I ran into a problem after healing Oliver. First time, the water faucet would not turn on to make the lamp. I uninstalled and reinstalled, no fix. I restarted as a new player, replayed to that point, got the water, put the carbide in the lamp, and now it won't accept the water in the lamp. If I hit hint, it tells me to put the water in the lamp, but the + is dark. This game is fun, but I am not restarting again. Developer needs an update quickly!

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 3, 15 11:40 AM
underwriter wrote:Yes, I got this too - What's up with that?

I have learned that when a game wants to install DirectX or ActiveX or the like, I should go ahead and accept; it will see that /I already have it and won't change anything but a dot net message is new to me. Windows 7, Home Premium, 64 bit.

MaryEl wrote:I installed this game and it went fine. Then when I went to Play it, I got the following message:

To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework

Never got this message before and I play and buy lots of BF games. I have contacted HELP desk, but was wondering if anyone else has ever gotten this message and if so, what did you do to rectify it? Thanks.

Not that I know what .net Framework does....but I do know that when I run my Microsoft Windows updates regularly, I frequently see updates or new additions to the .NET Framework section.

Some folks don't run Microsoft updates regularly...or they choose to install only *Critical* updates. It might be helpful to let Microsoft Update service run a full scan and then consider accepting the *Critical* plus the *Non-Critical* updates. Or, could also search Microsoft update section directly for the version of .NET Framework that the error message specifies.

Hope that helps.

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 12:24:41 PM PST

underwriter
Herring
Herring
356 Posts

[Post New]by underwriter on Jan 3, 15 11:54 AM
Thanks, kdubs. After a little research, I found that version 3.5 come with Windows 7 and version 4.5 comes with Windows 8. I do get most updates, but since they have many versions running at once, it's possible that I have only updated my version 3.5 and never got 4.0. I did find a 4.0 download on the Microsoft site, did the download, and am not longer getting the message. Probably a lot of people running Windows 7 and earlier will have to do the same. Now I need to leave this thread to address a non-technical pet peeve.

Kimmycoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmycoo on Jan 3, 15 12:21 PM
Getting the same message a lot of people are getting and Ive waited a long time for a new Midnight Mysteries game//Mine says the same as others "To run this application you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET Framework:
v4.0.30319
Contact your application publisher for instructions about obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework"
I am uninstalling and gonna download again and see if installing DirectX is the problem, though my DirectX is current already.

Kimmycoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Kimmycoo on Jan 3, 15 12:24 PM
kdubs wrote:
underwriter wrote:Yes, I got this too - What's up with that?

v4.0.30319

Not that I know what .net Framework does....but I do know that when I run my Microsoft Windows updates regularly, I frequently see updates or new additions to the .NET Framework section.

Some folks don't run Microsoft updates regularly...or they choose to install only *Critical* updates. It might be helpful to let Microsoft Update service run a full scan and then consider accepting the *Critical* plus the *Non-Critical* updates. Or, could also search Microsoft update section directly for the version of .NET Framework that the error message specifies.

Hope that helps.

Sorry but mine is totally up to date and still seeing the message, so how can we all be "all the time" downloading and playing Bigfish games with no problem and now all of a sudden one game the same game several of us get the same message. I bet there are people who dont even post to the forum are seeing the message as well. I guess some can play this game, but many of us cant. Odd.

BronzeLady
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by BronzeLady on Jan 3, 15 12:36 PM
I luv the game, but don't appreciate the jerky cursor.

marthadunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by marthadunk on Jan 3, 15 1:03 PM
I am at the point in the game where I am to match the items under the water lilies. The game locks up. Is this my computer or a glitch in the game?

VickiS531
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by VickiS531 on Jan 3, 15 1:24 PM
I'm on a ThinkPad 520E, running Windows 7 and I have know all my drivers are current.

I am having graphics issues with this game, for example, on HOP, some of the items and background don't show so I can't complete the HOPs. The map only shows black dots or all green but the map itsself is missing. The diary will get stuck, etc.

I'm on Oliver Twist and trying to doctor the kid's arm and I've counted 12 times of these funny issues happening and everytime one of these funny issues occurs, I have to exit the game, so you can imagine how annoying this is!

saphhire
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by saphhire on Jan 3, 15 1:28 PM
leapfrog0202 wrote:
9otters wrote:Windows 7 Home Premium. Jerky, skipping movement of cursor and animation. Was "offered" a Direct X update but declined as I accepted about 2 weeks ago and I was told it was current.

Really would like to purchase this game but not with this issue.

A couple people mentioned the jerky cursor in their reviews & said when the option for custom cursor was turned off, the jerkiness stopped.

Hope that helps!
I checked went to options and checked off custom cursor, but for some reason doesn't work, Holds the skelton hand won't go to ordinary cursor.......

gjempey
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by gjempey on Jan 3, 15 1:28 PM
I too got the black blocks, so uninstalled the game manager and reinstall and it seemed to work for most of the game although I did have to go back a little. The next time was toward the end of the game and just went out and rebooted my computer and then was fine. The bonus chapter was really jerky and slow, but managed to finish it. Good game, but not a lot of extras for a CE. Hope this helps some other gamers. I have Windows 7.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 15 1:29 PM
Text from little girl disappears almost immediately. I want to purchase this game, but not if this happens throughout the game.

nwl43
Stingray
Stingray
4,931 Posts

[Post New]by nwl43 on Jan 3, 15 1:55 PM
I click on the raven to remove the junk from the water wheel. My cursor disappears. When it comes back I get the gears and can't get the raven up there. Click on raven and repeat.

I came back to game and after about 5 tries with the cursor just disappearing it finally worked. Got a repeat performance when I tried to send the raven to the weather vane. I'm not a fan of animal helpers anyway and this is just totally frustrating. I have hundreds of games and have only had problems with two of them. Too bad I was really excited about this game. I was hoping it would return to the standards of Salem Witch Trials which remains the best of the series.

Edited on 01/03/2015 at 2:05:42 PM PST

DeAnna2112
Clownfish
Clownfish
675 Posts

[Post New]by DeAnna2112 on Jan 3, 15 2:41 PM
When setting up difficulty level you have the option to disable the (+) from popping up next to a item in inventory and telling you the item needs to be combined with something else...unfortunately it's still showing the + next to the item. Would be great if they could fix that

Otherwise, no other problems on my end so far

HP Laptop-Window 8
Chrome

Disbeliever
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by Disbeliever on Jan 3, 15 3:09 PM
I can't even get the game to play. When I click play in the game manager, it starts to spin like usual, then it just stops. I tried playing it from the desktop icon but it did the same thing. I tried playing from both areas several times, but I kept getting the same result so I called it quits and uninstalled the game. I tried reinstalling the game but it did the same thing. Oh well, I have so many other games I haven't played that it's no big deal.

I'm using Windows 7 on a desktop computer. I downloaded the game using Firefox 34.0.5, if that makes any difference to the tech team, assuming they really see all this info.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Jan 3, 15 4:44 PM
tillybaby wrote:Was just about to purchase this game as I was really enjoying it when I came to a part where the map was black blocks, never mind I used to hint option instead but then the game became completely black with just the odd item lit up, it was as though my graphics card had given up the ghost but fortunately it hadn't.

I do hope this is soon fixed and am wondering if it's anything to do with the direct x?

I am using widows 8.

Same issue for me. I was prompted to install direct x, then told I had the latest version. Very disappointed . . . hadn't even gotten to the later parts of the game where others seem to be having problems, too.

Running Windows 7.

Sigh.

Go to: