Developer's Records

Re:Developer's Records

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Feb 22, 15 11:10 PM
Oh my gosh!! Does anyone know what the trick is to beating level 40? I cleared everything, freed all of my workers, even used the double coin bonus when I opened the chest, and got a final score of 117 thousand and STILL didn't get it!!

Just replayed and finished with a score of 124,925 and still didn't beat the developers record...I'm thinking it's a trick to keep us playing.

Edited on 02/25/2015 at 7:29:17 PM PST

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 1, 15 8:04 PM
Unfortunately, that level is one that gave me a "null reference" error which shaded my screen. It accepted my score and I beat the developer, but I couldn't read my blue recap, so I don't know what I ended up with.

That "null reference" error happened to me a lot on the coin frenzy levels. It didn't like it when I clicked on check mark to end the time.

Oh well, that's the only one I couldn't record.

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Mar 2, 15 10:43 PM
So I wonder if clicking on the check mark is the key... I usually just collect coins until the time runs out. (Well, I have tried just getting the chest and freeing my workers, then hitting the check) I'm going to try that and see what happens.

Hespera
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,170 Posts

[Post New]by Hespera on Mar 3, 15 12:29 AM
Yes, on the coin frenzy levels you must click on the check mark with some time remaining, or else you automatically get charged with 2:00 minutes and it's taken for granted that the developer's time is 2:00 or under.

However, you also must free the workers and open the chest, as well as collect coins. Everything else is optional (building and using altars, divers, collecting buoys, etc.). Although you won't get enough coins in most of the levels without using an altar, if one is available.

Edited on 03/03/2015 at 12:32:58 AM PST

[Post New]by earlyriser09 on Mar 3, 15 7:05 PM
I didn't do that on the ones that I have already beaten, but hopefully it's the key on the higher levels, because I'm getting really frustrated lol!

starrylyn
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by starrylyn on Mar 28, 15 7:48 AM
I am having trouble beating on the first couple of levels since Jill is working by herself, and she seems slow. I highlight the next item that will be available and click it as soon as it turns green and have tried different ways of completing the Levels but seem to be nowhere close. I played this on another computer before I got my new one and was able to beat the Dev's records on the first five. I wish I knew what I did When I follow the instructions according to the suggested ways to get the dev's records including picking up the extra coins, it seems even slower.

Go to: