Pretty in Pink

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Pretty in Pink

[Post New]by lynnie11 on May 13, 09 12:36 PM
Has anyone finished this game? I'd like to know if it's long enough to be worthwhile. My mystery items did come into focus eventually, but it's another game that keeps crashing my computer........why is this??? I'm craving another good HO game, haven't had one in quite a while.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 13, 09 3:54 PM
lynnie - did you try 3 Days: Zoo Mystery? I thought it was very good. Not a classic HO, some interactive stuff and lots of mini-games, but long and very good. Waaaaay better than this one.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on May 13, 09 4:00 PM
scotcat wrote:Hehehe..... PoodleBear has come over to the dark side with me.

Well we all know I'm an easy sale BUT junk is junk. There are plenty mediocre, nothing new HO games out there that at least have clean graphics, pleasant music and run correctly. I have always said I won't call a game "bad" unless it doesn't actually work right as someone always likes everything, but this doesn't work right and presents nothing special to offset what's wrong. So yep, on this one:

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on May 13, 09 4:15 PM
Anyone know what GZ had to say about it?

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 13, 09 4:20 PM
I only played the first HO scene so I cannot judge the whole game. As soon as I see fuzzy graphics thats it for me.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on May 13, 09 4:28 PM
i have just played about 20 mins of the demo and its not for me, I just found it boring, the objects are not very clear and the mini games are all the same .

Edited on 05/13/2009 at 4:28:36 PM PST

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on May 13, 09 4:35 PM
I've played about half of the demo and I am enjoying the game.

I like that when a hint is used, the object jumps out instead of being in a vague circle. I also like the ability to skip a mini-game.

sillyfeet
Stingray
Stingray
5,447 Posts

[Post New]by sillyfeet on May 13, 09 4:36 PM
I might have to try it since I haven't demo'd anything lately. Will give me something to do for an hour. And it is an HO, after all.

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on May 13, 09 8:33 PM
Started the demo, uninstalled it at the half hour. I think this game is good for kids, but for adults....forgive me, but it is quite boring, relaxed option does not work and in general not worth the price. But to those who like it, enjoy!

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 14, 09 7:24 AM
I just played the demo of Pretty in Pink. I really liked it. I played the Relaxed Mode. I also loved all of the mini games. Think I will be buying this one.

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 14, 09 7:53 AM
Anyone have a clue as to whether this is a long or short game?

imm1264
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by imm1264 on May 14, 09 8:00 AM
julie2753 wrote:i have just played about 20 mins of the demo and its not for me, I just found it boring, the objects are not very clear and the mini games are all the same .

Ditto for me.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on May 14, 09 10:37 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Pretty in Pink. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Fishmish on May 14, 09 11:50 AM
A little to boring for me. I never saw the movie though....

[Post New]by Ms_Bubbles on May 14, 09 7:43 PM
it was kinda laggy for me.. the dialogues have a lot of mistakes too...Love the 80s feel. i hate the cooking game? when i make a mistake it said to try again yet it took a long time before i can try again.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on May 14, 09 8:45 PM
ok..i am 46 and never even wanted to see this movie so i have no idea what it's about..so i guess i live in a closet..but i am enjoying this game..relaxful, pleasant and it's holding my interest enuf to buy. it's kinda cutesy but i am sick of the detective, quest sort of HO games..

still hate being a jellyfish

tijhea
Salmon
Salmon
2,547 Posts

[Post New]by tijhea on May 14, 09 8:54 PM
lisam63 wrote:ok..i am 46 and never even wanted to see this movie so i have no idea what it's about..so i guess i live in a closet..but i am enjoying this game..relaxful, pleasant and it's holding my interest enuf to buy. it's kinda cutesy but i am sick of the detective, quest sort of HO games..

still hate being a jellyfish

Awww but you"re so cute as a jelly fish.

[Post New]by flyingsquirrely on May 14, 09 10:30 PM
Deleted

Edited on 01/06/2010 at 6:50:50 PM PST

polexia
Herring
Herring
389 Posts

[Post New]by polexia on May 15, 09 9:31 PM
Poodlebear wrote:Terrible, blurry, poorly drawn graphics. Badly interpreted dialog. Glitchy - Relaxed Mode fought me and special clothing item doesn't work, unless I'm supposed to find a hazy grey blob...? Cheesy music not remotely 80s like (I was young woman in 80s, had Madonna, Eurythmics and Prince posters on my wall, nuff said). Played abt 10 minutes of this junk and couldn't delete fast enough.

I agree. I really wanted it to be fun because I like John Hughes films and thought it was a great idea to do a game based on a movie. I just don't know how it all went so horribly awry. The characters don't resemble the actors, the sound effects are annoying and brash, the outfits you put on Andie just look bizarre (the long skirt is huge like she is wearing a tent), the dialogue panes are annoying and I just skip them as much as I can, the objects are repetitive, the music drove me nearly insane. I'm telling you I was a big new wave fan and I even got to see The Psychedelic Furs's Richard Butler perform in concert once and I was obsessed with Depeche Mode and all that but the music in the game was NOT good in any way. It grated on my nerves. I actually started to feel really anxious and antsy like restless when I was playing the game. I had to shut it off and uninstall it before I tore my hair out.

[Post New]by xylogirl2001 on May 17, 09 5:54 AM
When I had the demo my sketchpad had options for the girl to wear now that I have the full version my sketchpad has no options, anyone know anything about this?

Go to: