Re:Where to find New Resources

[Post New]by mknelson12 on Jan 24, 15 8:35 AM
Where do I get more fuel for the plane to travel besides buying it from the store? Please help!!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 24, 15 8:47 AM
There are currently only 3 ways to get fuel..

1. Win fuel in the HOS World Scenes
2. Put together collections (from the world scenes). Although it only shows stars, fuel will drop as well.
3. Purchase from the store for 5 gold.

[Post New]by mknelson12 on Jan 24, 15 10:13 AM
Thank You, those were the options I found as well. Just don't seem to get any

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by Gquin on Jan 24, 15 10:27 AM
Here is a forum that lists a good way to accumulate fuel. Use the second post strategy, it works.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/339452.page#5888354

Edited on 01/24/2015 at 10:30:13 AM PST

[Post New]by amazedbygrace on Jan 25, 15 8:30 AM
I have found Hammers in the following locations: Candy Shop, Boat Builders, Margaret's House, Christmas Alley, Capt. Matt's Yacht. The items available sometimes change, so they may also be available is other locations as you visit them. Simply check the items available before you spend the energy t.o play the city. Hope that helps! SunnyO

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Jan 25, 15 8:42 AM
amazedbygrace wrote:I have found Hammers in the following locations: Candy Shop, Boat Builders, Margaret's House, Christmas Alley, Capt. Matt's Yacht. The items available sometimes change, so they may also be available is other locations as you visit them. Simply check the items available before you spend the energy t.o play the city. Hope that helps! SunnyO

Wait....

Hammers are part of our collections.Don't waste the fuel trying to get those. Just turn in the collections.

[Post New]by mailladyoh on Jan 25, 15 9:04 AM
How do I post a new thread without just replying to someone's old one? LOL I have all the pictures found and now the quests have stopped.. Not sure what to do next to fix airplane or open world map? any help? thanks

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Jan 25, 15 11:10 AM
mailladyoh wrote:How do I post a new thread without just replying to someone's old one? LOL I have all the pictures found and now the quests have stopped.. Not sure what to do next to fix airplane or open world map? any help? thanks

You create a new thread by clicking "start new discussion" (blue box) on the front page of the Forum. Give it a new name and ask your question.
However, there are quite a number of threads already that are for those without the airplane quests. The quick answer is first to go to the wharf, upgrade it to Koi flags and then "enter" the location. You should see the plane - click on the top of the door and it will open. If that does not trigger the quests, then add your name and details to the thread for "those who do not have the airplane quests".

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 30, 15 3:29 AM
Okay, it is time to pull out the index cards and write down lists... thanks, Ali; this list is most helpful indeed!

Alikatt8
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by Alikatt8 on Jan 30, 15 5:15 AM
Thanks OddlyEnuh, have edited & updated list, with the mention of other areas to obtain hammers from amazedbygrace and chestnutheights.

I wonder when the 8 new buildings are finished whether the cement gravel block bricks will remain for us to collect? at the Museum Estate - If so, they will have to go in the back yard along with my 2,000 lumber, 1,500 tins of paint etc, lol

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 1, 15 7:34 AM
At what point do Cement and Gravel start appearing in TN, WA (apple orchard), and CO? I have just started playing these cities and, of course, am not far along but rather impatient. Yeth, Oddly is impatient.

Or when someone says "new cities" do they really mean the countries?

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 8:59:04 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 1, 15 8:31 AM
Oh... it just now made sense to me that you fly to the cities to get building supplies and pieces to those AES collection. But not until I collected one of those collections did I see what "skip the assemble of item" meant and, boy golly, all of a sudden it made sense. PRESTO! There was another cell of fuel too.

Color me obtuse... BUT still do the cement and gravel, in fact appear in TN, WA, and CO too?

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 8:31:40 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 1, 15 10:33 AM
I think we just keep calling them cities from habit...... I try to remember to say "countries" but don't always remember!!

[Post New]by ShirlthePearl1 on Feb 2, 15 8:44 AM
ChestnutHeights wrote:
amazedbygrace wrote:I have found Hammers in the following locations: Candy Shop, Boat Builders, Margaret's House, Christmas Alley, Capt. Matt's Yacht. The items available sometimes change, so they may also be available is other locations as you visit them. Simply check the items available before you spend the energy t.o play the city. Hope that helps! SunnyO

Wait....

Hammers are part of our collections.Don't waste the fuel trying to get those. Just turn in the collections.

Yes, Chestnut is right! These were added to the Map/World Sites during this recent update. The Hammers have always been in the Antique Collections, if you look at the Collections by Category under Helpful Links you'll see them under each Category. You can get 30 Hammer if you turn in your Icons of Liberty in the Gold Category. Unfortunately none are listed in the Platinum category, just Coins, Envelopes, Lumber, Brick, and Can of Paint.

Edited on 02/02/2015 at 8:46:57 AM PST

lake_girl23
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by lake_girl23 on Feb 6, 15 11:10 AM
This is very helpful, thank you to all who have contributed.

[Post New]by Trythisagain on Feb 7, 15 5:53 AM
Stormy9 wrote:Is there a master list of how many of each of the supplies we need to have to build all the buildings in the AES compound, nails, cement, etc.? I'm low on fuel. Thanks!!

I haven't seen one but here are a few notes about the cost of just the Foundation portions of various buildings, to give you some idea.

Observatory - 12 gravel, 20 cement, 19 lumber

Chess - 30 gravel, 29 cement, 19 lumber

TIme Machine - 30 gravel, 11 cement, 30 lumber

[Post New]by scutterbotch44 on Feb 7, 15 9:23 AM
Does anyone know about the new mini-games at the Dinosaur Galary and the Galary Office? At Dinosaur, pieces of skeleton show up and when you click on one, it says 'use' but I have no idea where it is to be used. Help Please.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 7, 15 9:30 AM
The mini-games in the Museum buildings all have the same front screen as the mini-games in other buildings around the town. At the top of each of those is a square showing you how many of the necessary resources you have in hand for that game, and at the bottom is a square telling how many resources are needed to use for that game (from 1 to 18). But in the case of the Museum games, you do not need any resources, so there is "0" at the top and a blank space alongside "use". That's all it means. You can thus go into the game for free and play it over and over again to win coins and XP.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 7, 15 1:11 PM
I've only tracked the first 3 countries so far but here's the deal:

Fuel available in all 3 countries in all modes

Gravel, Cement, Concrete Blocks and Steel Bars are available in Italy, Egypt, and Indonesia in FAST SHOPPER mode only.

In the other three modes (picture, silhouette, picky shopper):

Italy - shovel, wire, glass
Egypt - hammer, scrub, tiles
Indonesia - screwdriver, oil can, roof tile

[Post New]by feamom on Feb 8, 15 10:47 AM
I'm sure this has been answered but dang if I can find it. I'm trying to build the Dino display but I need cement and gravel. I have no aviation fuel and only 12 gold bars. I used my last tank of fuel to fly to Italy thinking I'd at least get another tank, but nope. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!

Go to: