burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 19, 15 5:48 PM
chockie wrote:I just want you to know. This is the best TM game I have played in a long time and trust me I play a lot as I am retired and love to fill in my time with strategy games like these.
Thank you Big fish and I hope there will be a sequel soon.

I don't know about a sequel, but I beta-tested another game by this developer for BFG. It's very similar in game play and was just as much fun. It's about Dracula having an online romance and when he finally meets her, she's not exactly what he expected. So, he's trying to run away and she's chasing him from scene to scene. I loved it, but it's been over two months since I tested it, so I hope BFG is still planning to offer it.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for The Musketeers: Victoria's Quest here.

[Post New]by kamynv on Jan 19, 16 4:18 PM
I just finished playing this game (bought early last year, but have a serious backlog of games I haven't played yet). I love TM games & liked the added strategy element to this game, but wasn't sure I would at first. Ended up thinking it was really great & had a lot of fun, even as I was cursing having to start a level over because I hadn't planned properly. I know a lot of players like their TM games to be more relaxing, but I've played plenty of those & after a while get bored zipping through levels with 3 stars over & over.

Highly recommend for players who like to have to really think as they plan their route through a level & not just run around clicking on everything. Between having to create various inventory items & switching boosters, you really have to put your thinking cap on & look ahead at what you're going to need & when. Level 15 was the only one I had to play dozens of times before I got the precise timing just right (even using the developer's walkthrough on youtube too!).

I played on Normal mode, not on Multi-Click, which added an extra level of difficulty. But, even if time ran out, I was still allowed to continue playing through. In the end, I finished every level with 3 stars & got every trophy, so it is do-able (many thanks to Fishies who posted their strategies in the forums too, for those few levels I just couldn't figure out the right configuration to get through after many tries). As mentioned in Tiger2010's review, once I got the gist of what the developer's intent was & got the hang of switching boosters (as well as understanding how important they really were), it became a lot easier to meet the goals of each level in gold time.

Found myself staying up until the wee hours to get through the more challenging levels - just couldn't walk away from it. Played over the course of a couple weeks, because rather than finishing the 10-15 levels in a particular "land" all at once, as with most TM games, I was happy to make it through just a few levels w/3 stars in a single sitting since each would usually take so much longer to figure out than a normal TM game. In that regard, it kind of reminded me of the Adelantado Trilogy (where you could easily spend 45 minutes completing one level), one of my all time favorite TM games.

I sincerely hope this developer continues this game series. It does have a lot of appeal for many who play road clearing/obstacle TM games & get tired of the same old thing all the time!

Go to: