pdotz
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:New version of Yard Sale Hidden Treasures: Lucky Junction available now

[Post New]by pdotz on May 19, 09 3:34 PM
Nice try but it still has the same old problems of freezing and error messages. I really wish these folks would do testing BEFORE releasing games that don't have all the bugs worked out. Go Big Fish and help us all settle down and enjoy the games - you guys do a really good job of things - and we hope to see results soon.

Edited on 05/19/2009 at 3:35:15 PM PST

[Post New]by hillbillypeach on May 19, 09 3:48 PM
i tried a new player.......i got to restoring the wheel for the chandelier and it froze......i am going crazy!!!!!!

arami
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by arami on May 20, 09 9:31 AM
Hi, I have uninstalled and reinstalled, creates a new profile and games still crashes. I would like to play this game it looks like fun. Please fix.

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on May 20, 09 11:42 AM
I've learned that you will need to create a new profile after reinstalling the game for the fixes to take effect. This does mean that you will have to start the game over from the beginning. We apologize for the trouble.

If you have reinstalled the game and started a new profile and are still running into trouble, I recommend contacting our Customer Support team. You can contact our support team by clicking here or by clicking on the "We're Here to Help!" link at the right of this page.

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 20, 09 12:04 PM
For those who are repeatedly uninstalling and reinstalling and still having problems, are you REBOOTING your system AFTER you UNinstall but BEFORE you REinstall? So far, I haven't had problems with this game at all, but I do know that rebooting after UNinstalling clears things out and gets rid of all the old stuff that might be causing problems.

menoname
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by menoname on May 20, 09 2:46 PM
Still having same problems. Fix didn't work. I am very disappointed as enjoyed what I could play. First game I have had any problem with. Hope they get it fixed soon.

[Post New]by Ohtabbykat on May 20, 09 6:13 PM
Same ole...same ole...still having problems....have done everything....updated drivers....uninstalled....rebooted....reinstalled...created new profile....still freezing up on me...giving me the access violation...and now I can't even play it....It gets to the Big Fish logo and then the access violation comes up again....I'm really feed up....If they don't give me a game credit for this...as I have already puchased this...I will cancel my membership and I have been with this game site a long time and have purchased hundreds of games...Hope they can fix this.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on May 20, 09 9:36 PM
I waited and downloaded the second version after reading of all of the problems. I had no problem at all playing the hour demo. My computer is a few years old, and I haven't updated anything that was suggested. So sorry for all the problems many of you are having, maybe if you keep trying you will get it to play. Good luck!

[Post New]by gamebug822 on May 21, 09 2:07 AM
I am still having freeze-up problems with the new version. I have uninstalled/installed and booted and rebooted. I updated on the Microsoft website and created more profiles than hang on a post office wall. Please fix this game. I loved the first one and purchased the second one without even a trial run. Please do a complete fix. Thank you in advance.

eenybeanie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by eenybeanie on May 21, 09 4:42 AM
I have uninstalled, shut down, started up again, changed profiles, and nothing seems to work. I think that as much as I loved the first yard sale game, I will say "good bye to this one. It is too aggravating!!!!!

[Post New]by kaysam9701 on May 21, 09 2:26 PM
I hate that my first post is a complaint. I have done all the updates and reinstalled twice and created a new profile. I'm still getting error messages and then getting kicked out. I have been very satisfied with Big Fish until this. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

[Post New]by tan58p on May 21, 09 6:33 PM
downloaded it again, still have the same problems. this is starting to be really maddening. i had already purchased the gamebecause i liked the first one and have never had a problem before. please help me!!!!

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 21, 09 8:20 PM
The fix worked for a while after I created a new profile, but I had to start all over Then, after the fix, I was nearing the end of the game when I got display errors. You couldn't see the paint pot or the brush so you couldn't finish the level. Then the game froze. I'm pretty upset, because I'm pretty sure that the next fix will require another new profile, and I'll have to replay the game from the beginning for a third time I doubt I'll ever finish this game. Soooo disappointed

mlp62
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mlp62 on May 22, 09 12:58 PM
I'm a huge fan of BigFish Games but I'm really frustrated by this one. I've done all the things everyone else has done - checked my ActiveX and driver versions, uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, changed profile several times - and the game is still crashing at the ship's wheel. Last Monday morning, before I knew this was a general problem and not just mine, I submitted my information to tech support using the on line feature. There was a message there that said response time would be about 48 hours. Now it's Friday afternoon and I haven't received any response, not even an email confirming that my message was received. BigFish is well-known for excellence in customer service so I'm very disappointed by the lack of response.

[Post New]by hillbillypeach on May 22, 09 2:58 PM
[b]what i would like to know is how this game is #2 hit game , when most people cannot play it..... just wondering

[Post New]by grandsterjan on May 22, 09 3:09 PM
new version still has problems, it crashes after I build the wheel chandelier and when I shut down and restart it starts over.

Icky_Etardo
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by Icky_Etardo on May 22, 09 7:13 PM
I got a response for customer service. They sent me a link to a diagnostic tool called Dr. Felix. I ran the tool, attached the log and sent it back. I'm pretty sure the problem is the game, not my computer Hopefully the diagnostic tool will help them determine just what is wrong with this game so they can fix it for good.

keximo
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by keximo on May 23, 09 3:26 AM
Hi,
all the same problems here with the new version. Teck said it could be Data Application conflict with new build. Gave me 8 steps to go into my computer and then restart and re-load the game. Tried this one already twice. I do advance over a couple of levels and overcome previous error messages. But now it's doing it again further down the road. I've decorated the beachfront room but game doesn't load to the next chapter. I am so mad, because the trial game worked and then I bought it and now it doesn't. What a waste of money and t i m e !
Keximo

[Post New]by hillbillypeach on May 23, 09 9:44 AM
i sent results of he Dr. Felix thingy. i have not heard back from BFG as of yet.

CatHeiter
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by CatHeiter on May 23, 09 10:59 AM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times, done everything recommended, even went into search mode and found every single file associated with this game, then ran my standard maintenance - which does include rebooting - to remove all vestiges of the game from my computer. I am disappointed, for the first time that was not my own fault - if that makes sense. Cause I've purchased games that disappointed me, but I blame myself for that.

This time, I seriously considered asking for a refund. Since I do business online, I have the latest of everything installed on my computer. I am fed up with trying to play this game.

Go to: