Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

Re:Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 29, 09 3:04 PM
This game is so much fun, best one I've played .I'm on level 5-9, stuck on the roof, I'm planting flowers fast,,but a zomboie always gets past me, any suggestions?

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 29, 09 4:17 PM
I love this game ! It's the most fun of all I've purchased.

Edited on 05/29/2009 at 4:23:48 PM PST

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 30, 09 1:31 PM
Help ! I'm stuck for 2 days on level 5-9, starts with only 3 rows of pots, & by the time you get going good, you're bomb barded with zombies from every direction, even above ! What's the secret to beating this level ?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 30, 09 1:54 PM
For the "from above" zombies, you need a couple of umbrella plants if those are unlocked for you. What I do is after I get my first column of catapult plants finished, I alternate another catapult plant (preferably a watermelon) with a tall wall-nut in the center of the board. Magnets or chompers right behind the wall-nuts are useful, but I've heard others say to put a second column of tall wall-nuts there. The headache is all those zombies with ladders, which is why I like the magnets (but they need a coffee bean too). If there are those huge zombies in the pack, then I stock squash and chili, and if there's room also cherry bombs. The ice melons are really good if I manage to get enough sun points to plant them. Even 2-3 ice melons will help, since they explode and help freeze zombies on either side.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 30, 09 2:13 PM
What do you mean by catapult plants ? I'm trying to get a full row of sunflowers, for the sun, I will try the ice plants, didn't try them .I'm using the squash , & the chili & the walnut , & sometimes the cherry bomb.This has been the only level I can't get thru, after a few tries...........
Thanks !

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 30, 09 2:37 PM
I'm using all these, but can't use the ice plants on this level, they are " sleeping ' , it starts out with 3 rows, & by the time I get them built up, the horde of zombies comes, & one gets thru........this is the hardest level, so far..........

Edited on 05/30/2009 at 2:38:22 PM PST

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on May 30, 09 2:51 PM
By catapult plants I mean corn and cabbage and watermelon. Ice melon is watermelon with an upgrade on top of it. That's the only useful "ice" plant for the roof, unless you want to stock coffee beans to wake up the ice mushroom.

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 30, 09 3:45 PM
I have to go check, I don't think I have watermelon................

Gwennoel
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by Gwennoel on May 30, 09 3:50 PM
I haven't been using the corn & watermelon, I'll try that.Thanks again.........

[Post New]by nohozombie on Jun 2, 09 3:44 PM
I'm having issues with saving. I got a few levels past 2-7 and only my progress to 1-7 was saved. Anyone else having issues with this and if so how did you solve it?

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

saving issues

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 3, 09 6:16 AM
nohozombie...are you using vista or xp? if you're using xp, saving shouldn't be a problem, but if you're using vista, you need to right click and choose run as administrator...just do that everytime you play and saving your progress won't be a problem.

kitty1
Flounder
Flounder
2,194 Posts

[Post New]by kitty1 on Jun 4, 09 9:48 AM
This game is great! I've been sitting on a game credit forever because nothing has shown up in the last 6 months that I felt was worth buying. I generally like TM games--but only certain ones such as Build-a-lot & Wedding Dash. While this isn't quite a TM game, it does take a lot of strategy & I love that there are so many levels & options on every level. Plus music & characters are great. Definitely worth buying!

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Jun 4, 09 2:23 PM
I can not beat the bobsled bonanza. The wisdom tree tells that they are the hardest, but gives little help. I have tried this one over and over. I have bought everything that can be bought, so I have the equipment, but it does me no good. Can anyone help?
Thanks

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Jun 4, 09 3:12 PM
Plant spikes in the column on the far right - the upgraded spikes if you can, and fill the next column too if possible. Vehicles blowing up will kill the normal spikes but it takes multiple explosions to kill the upgraded spikes, which gives you time for the chili peppers and cherry bombs to reactivate. You will want at least 8 sunflowers (or if that's a night scene, the sun shrooms - I don't remember if that one's day or night).

tjanetv
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,393 Posts

[Post New]by tjanetv on Jun 4, 09 6:08 PM
Thank you lordkalvan. It took me a few tries, but I finally got it. I now have the gold sunflower trophy for getting all the other trophies. Now, on to endless. thanks

[Post New]by mint619 on Jun 4, 09 6:47 PM
This is the best tower defense game I have played in a long time. Not only is it replayable, you can use different plants, but the Zen garden, puzzles, and survival modes are a blast. You can lose several hours on this game also check out Monster Mash if you do not like zombies. Excellent game.

Tip 2 rows of sunflowers or sun mushrooms; have one low end shooter to place in row three when first zombie appears, then work on sunflowers and add shooter when zombies appear in new lanes. If necesary use the pickle or spudonator to blow up early zombies if you do not have enough money. After you fill the 3rd row with shooters add the forth row with more powerful shooters as needed. The cattail upgrade is really powerful and can take care of baloon floating zombies and miners since the needles are homing needles.

[Post New]by pottaz on Jun 5, 09 6:13 AM
so frustrated with this game, l have installed it twice now and each time played it for days to get all upgraded weapons and zen plants and both times it lost all my saved game when l exited.

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 5, 09 6:47 AM
pottaz, i know how you feel, i had problems saving my progress too....there's doesn't seem to be any problems if you're using xp, but with vista, there has been saving issues....what i do is everytime i launch the game, i right click the icon and choose "run as administrator"....after that, problem solved! hope this helps you.

[Post New]by Feisty1209 on Jun 5, 09 5:43 PM
Okay I've beaten the first adventure round without a whole lot of trouble love the game but can't seem to get past the second 1-5 bowling level anybody have an tips or stratagies (please forgive my spelling wasn't one of my strong subjects in school lol) on how to get past this level?

amby0625
Clownfish
Clownfish
511 Posts

[Post New]by amby0625 on Jun 5, 09 8:48 PM
to feisty1209

for me, i save those walnut bombs (red in color) for groups or if a buckethead zombie is near my lawnmower.
and sometimes, i wont bowl or use a walnut immediately when a zombie appears (except for the pole-vaulting zombie & newspaper zombie since once you takeout his newspaper, he walks faster), in the beginning, i'd let the zombie walk 4 to 5 patches first so that other zombies would appear at the back and the walnut would ricochet against them. that way, i won't end up with too many zombies but not enough walnuts. just remember, buckethead zombies take three hits & conehead zombies take 2 hits. the newspaper zombie also takes 2 hits, one for the newspaper & 1 for the zombie.
it helped me a lot if i didn't bowl immediately as soon as a zombie appears, that way, you'll have plenty of walnuts to spare. you can hold them off long enough for the final flag, and if one gets past, the lawnmower will take care of the entire row.
hope this helps you somehow :-)

Go to: