ShaunaPSmith
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

Re:Please post your REVEIWS for Frankenstein: Master of Death here.

[Post New]by ShaunaPSmith on Feb 3, 15 1:37 PM
O. M. G. This is the worst game I have EVER played. I played the beta version and thought in its raw state that it had some potential. I loved the creepy "creature". I sent lots of feedback, some of which I could tell was noted (mostly typos and there were tons). But it's still in this horribly raw state. Graphics are slow and awful. I feel like it's the developers' first time at this. And I had such high hopes! Blah blah and more blah. Maybe if you have NEVER played a HOP adventure game before you might like this one. I'm truly surprised that anyone has had anything good to say.

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Frankenstein: Master of Death here.

[Post New]by Ladylove1972 on Feb 3, 15 5:52 PM
steve_san wrote:Part 3 of 3

In my opinion, the game will appeal more to male players because of the characters, story line and visuals.

Enjoy!

I can't help but appreciate the irony that someone would say this about a game based on a story written by a woman.

But seriously, as a woman I'm greatly enjoying the game. I'm stuck at the moment due to a game glitch that's being fixed, but all told it's been great fun. I'm a huge fan of horror, and the creature in this story is done amazingly well. I can't wait to finish the game!

Jen

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 3, 15 6:23 PM
Ladylove1972 wrote:
steve_san wrote:Part 3 of 3

In my opinion, the game will appeal more to male players because of the characters, story line and visuals.

Enjoy!

I can't help but appreciate the irony that someone would say this about a game based on a story written by a woman.

But seriously, as a woman I'm greatly enjoying the game. I'm stuck at the moment due to a game glitch that's being fixed, but all told it's been great fun. I'm a huge fan of horror, and the creature in this story is done amazingly well. I can't wait to finish the game!

Jen

Hi Jen, sorry about that. I PM'd another fish about this. It's my fault my comments were very clumsily worded. What I meant to say was the game would appeal more to males than other games on this site, not necessarily more to males than females.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the game.

Steve

[Post New]by Ladylove1972 on Feb 3, 15 7:57 PM
steve_san wrote:

Hi Jen, sorry about that. I PM'd another fish about this. It's my fault my comments were very clumsily worded. What I meant to say was the game would appeal more to males than other games on this site, not necessarily more to males than females.

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the game.

Steve

Oh Steve, it's fine! I was just poking fun. And you're probably right. This is actually one of very few HOGs that I've played with a male protagonist. Many of them seem made to deliberately appeal to ladies, and why not? Once they found there was a type of game that appealed to the female demographic it's been a huge money maker since. This game seems to be much more neutral in its appeal. It's just a fun game based on a fantastic story. Anyway, sorry to be a pain. Have fun gaming!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Please post your REVEIWS for Frankenstein: Master of Death here.

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Feb 21, 15 5:01 PM
It's the mechanics of the game that will keep me from buying;
if I lock the inventory in place, that then locks everything else.
With everything else locked, then HO items are placed BEHIND
those buttons. Seems like a very bad idea.

If I unlock the inventory, then I have to fish around for things
like the Hint and Map buttons. Again, seems like a very bad
idea, or poor planning.

Just not worth the hassle of turning on and off depending whether or
not I'm in an HO scene. Plus the somewhat wonky cursor, and
black bar comments in dark orange making them hard to read
and it's a no buy for me.

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Completed Game

[Post New]by bwake47 on Mar 1, 15 8:29 AM
I really enjoyed playing this game. I played on easy mode because I play more for enjoyment and relaxation, rather than challenge. I loved that there was no hand holding, but counted on you to use your common sense. It throws you off at first because we are so used to having sparkles and comments telling us exactly what to do, or the opposite and leaves you hanging completely. Once you realized the game counted on you doing what comes naturally, it was so much fun. I actually sat for several hrs. playing and not wanting to stop. That hasn't happened in a long time.

HOS blue items required working mini-puzzles or assembly to obtain the item, which was fun. Sometimes these were challenging because of no sparkle hints. You had to search until you found the area to work.

I loved the inventory. It stored your tools that were needed throughout the game, not use it, loose it, then have to find another one. I would see I needed a screwdriver, crowbar, etc and go to my inventory to get it.

There was very little running back and forth, usually only 2-3 scenes. The map is a jump map, although at times I just went from scene to scene so I could enjoy the eerie atmosphere and keep myself refreshed what was needed in that area. Each scene only had 2-3 items needed, and didn't require a lot of memory or notes. If you got stuck, the hint would guide you.

You actually got to hear your character speak at one point, which startled me at first. I had never experienced that in a game. However, the voice was much to gruff for your character. But, it was unique.

There were some glitches you had to work around, which took some patience. I don't know how new these developers are, so I try to cut them some slack. Especially since the over-all game was a lot of fun and what I've needed for a long time. With more experience they will only get better. I'm looking forward to more from them.

Give this game a try. You might find it refreshing and fun also.

Go to: