Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Frankenstein: Master of Death here.

[Post New]by themouse020 on Jan 27, 15 8:21 AM
There is a bug in gameplay. Running Windows 8.1, playing advanced mode, in the castle bedroom an object should be available against the left wall, and it was not. Another symptom is that you have gained access to said castle, but cannot "walk" back and forth from it - can only access it from the map (the castle bedroom picture on the map shows the object to be obtained, but it is not there upon play). I deleted and re-downloaded, then played to this point in easy mode, and the problem did not appear. BTW, no slowness or other play oddities for me, but this IS a game with big graphics and requires, I think, a lot of memory - I closed all other apps, and it ran well.

[Post New]by Monkeymom1000 on Jan 27, 15 2:38 PM
I was enjoying the game so I bought it. When I started it up again, the hint button no longer worked. Then I got stuck in the passage to the castle. The only way I can get to the castle is to use the map. I have two of the three film reels, so I cannot view them in the projection room; the key is broken off the door in the bedroom; the ladder in the corridor needs its top half; where do I find the eye for the cart in the passage way? How am I suppose to get to the little cave above the rock slide? have I missed something? I think I am regretting my purchase. Not happy.

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Jan 28, 15 12:27 AM
Quite amazed at all the comments re running Windows 8 or 8.1 as I have never had a problem unless it is due to the game itself. I currently have 8 updates on my stub which I won't bother with as I have successfully played them all without any bugs or "hiccups". Not sure why this is happening to some and not others however, I do keep my laptop "fine tuned" and have more than enough memory to tackle anything that is offered.

Remember gamers, not just the operating system but as games are getting bigger, as well as graphics and video scenes, with often reality snippets included, these are becoming very memory hungry and can cause freezes/hiccups if our computers can't handle this. But... I am sure you know this, just a wee reminder.

Perhaps check how much memory you do in fact, have, how big is your hard drive as that too will store memory, ensure your computer is regularly defragged, delete unwanted files, cookies, and then run a diagnostic again.

Again, I am sure most of you would know and be doing this but for those who don't, regular maintenance should keep your computer running well enough to handle the games BFG offer. As said, I have absolutely had no problems running any of them unless it is an actual glitch in the game itself.

Hope this helps, and if you haven't done these things either manually or set Windows to do them automatically, please do and hopefully then you will have the same "smooth sailing" as I do.

[Post New]by JakubFWS on Jan 28, 15 4:09 AM
Hi guys,

first of all, let me thank you very much for your time and interest in our game, we really appreciate it!

I'm sorry that you run into some issues, we did our best to test the game, but it is not possible to catch everything. We will read carefully all forum posts and do our best to come up with a solution for you.

We will be also active in this forum if there will be some problems in the future, so don't hesitate to ask

Thank you
Jakub, FWS

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jan 28, 15 1:08 PM
I am getting the same thing- played the trial- game wasn't great but am bored so went ahead and bought and now the hint won't work. Really annoyed as well

[Post New]by blue_cantata on Jan 28, 15 9:53 PM
themouse020 wrote:There is a bug in gameplay. Running Windows 8.1, playing advanced mode, in the castle bedroom an object should be available against the left wall, and it was not. Another symptom is that you have gained access to said castle, but cannot "walk" back and forth from it - can only access it from the map (the castle bedroom picture on the map shows the object to be obtained, but it is not there upon play). I deleted and re-downloaded, then played to this point in easy mode, and the problem did not appear. BTW, no slowness or other play oddities for me, but this IS a game with big graphics and requires, I think, a lot of memory - I closed all other apps, and it ran well.

I'm experiencing these same glitches. Having to click the map instead of navigating on-screen isn't a big deal but a necessary object missing from where it's supposed to be (ladder in the bedroom) can't be overcome without, like themouse020 did, installing again.

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jan 30, 15 8:24 AM
JakubFWS wrote:Hi guys,

first of all, let me thank you very much for your time and interest in our game, we really appreciate it!

I'm sorry that you run into some issues, we did our best to test the game, but it is not possible to catch everything. We will read carefully all forum posts and do our best to come up with a solution for you.

We will be also active in this forum if there will be some problems in the future, so don't hesitate to ask

Thank you
Jakub, FWS

azrt
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by azrt on Jan 30, 15 8:26 AM
Will anyone be fixing the bugs for this game? I hate having to ask for a refund

[Post New]by JakubFWS on Feb 1, 15 9:25 AM
azrt wrote:Will anyone be fixing the bugs for this game? I hate having to ask for a refund

Hello azrt,

we are working on a fix for this issue, thank you for your patience.

Jakub

[Post New]by Ladylove1972 on Feb 2, 15 6:12 PM
Yikes! I just ran into a glitch that's a game stopper. It's in the Large Hall right after you take the funicular up to the castle. I repaired the projector on the table by replacing the bulb and taping the wire. However, I never grabbed the Tulip Key before I did all that. Now the projector is no longer an interactive object (I can't click on it to enlarge it, the icon no longer acknowledges it), yet I can still see that key leaning on the projector...and all the clicking in the world won't let me get it. **sigh** I'll have to replay and remember to grab the key first.

Edited on 02/02/2015 at 6:17:37 PM PST

[Post New]by JakubFWS on Feb 3, 15 4:33 AM
Hi all,

Thank you for your posts, we have fixed all blocking issues (Ladylove1972 also yours). New version of game should be submitted soon and I hope BFG will make it available for you ASAP.

If you will have any problems with our game in the future, don't hesitate to report them here.

Thanks
Jakub
FWS team

[Post New]by faerywings11 on Feb 6, 15 12:29 PM
unable to play,glich in first scene, carrage is blank and cannot get the screwdriver..

[Post New]by myhlb514 on Feb 19, 15 4:26 AM
I am having trouble adding grapes to my inventory. Animation shows me picking them up , but never goes into inventory. I still have the gauntlet and can pick up the grapes again if I leave the room and return. I'm stuck and can not complete the game.

Pnballdoc1

[Post New]by Gazzbuzz on Feb 26, 15 3:13 AM
I have fixed the tape recorder and got the star. After continuing with the game, I get stuck. Using the hint button, it takes me back to the projector. I can't bring the projector up (close view) and nothing in my inventory works. I don't appear to be able to continue until I do something with the projector. Please help. Thanks

Edited on 03/02/2015 at 3:29:49 AM PST

punkindurl
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by punkindurl on Mar 22, 15 9:03 AM
I stopped playing this game for about a week, and when I got back, I can't remember where I was or what I was doing. The hint button refuses to work, no matter what I do. Re: comments regarding Windows 8 and 8.1, I cannot play either of the Syberia games, my favorites, with 8 or 8.1, and would love to have Vista back. I'm even shopping now for old computers on Amazon that still have older operating systems. Windows 8 for PC is not user friendly. I will probably delete this game.

[Post New]by actonian1 on Mar 22, 15 11:55 AM
Using the gauntlet to get the grapes from behind the icicles works and I click OK it but never gets added to the inventory. Every time I return to the area or exit and resume game its back there and I go through it all again. I note someone else had this problem - did they ever get a reply?

arrington1
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by arrington1 on Apr 4, 15 3:05 PM
I can not put the green bulb in the recorder on the table. I see the tulip laying against it, but it will not let me enlarge in order to do anything.

[Post New]by javaman421 on May 13, 15 7:40 AM
actonian1 wrote:Using the gauntlet to get the grapes from behind the icicles works and I click OK it but never gets added to the inventory. Every time I return to the area or exit and resume game its back there and I go through it all again. I note someone else had this problem - did they ever get a reply?

[Post New]by javaman421 on May 13, 15 7:41 AM
javaman421 wrote:
actonian1 wrote:Using the gauntlet to get the grapes from behind the icicles works and I click OK it but never gets added to the inventory. Every time I return to the area or exit and resume game its back there and I go through it all again. I note someone else had this problem - did they ever get a reply?

Had exact same problem

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Jun 15, 15 8:35 AM
I quit the game to do something else, came back in and my hint has stopped working. I've just got the monkey to take the rope ladder up to the cave with the bat in, but now I can't click on that and I'm pretty sure that's my next task. Can't see what else to do.
I am running Win7, this is just yet another buggy game BFG have released without full testing that I can't complete and I'm getting sick of it.

Go to: