Am I The Only One...?

zonnegroet
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

Re:Am I The Only One...?

[Post New]by zonnegroet on Jan 29, 15 2:33 AM
I really don't like that there is no direct access to the forum of the game. I think this is the first step in a plan where the forums won't be there anymore.
If this is really the case, I will reconsider my membership.

Sniet
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Sniet on Jan 29, 15 2:37 AM
angelfish106 wrote:
Sniet wrote:I'm not only shocked, I can't use it with Firofox (35.0.1)

The background is in the middle of the window, all pictures and buttons so far on the right side, that I can't see or reach them.

And it was hard work to find the forum :-(

Sorry, but when BFG don't want to work with my computer, I don't want to buy games there.

I'm using the same version of Firefox and my page is displaying just fine. My screen resolution is 1920x1080 which may make a difference. The forum can be found by clicking on 'get game tips' in the right hand corner of the game description page.

Thx for help, but sceen solution is the same here.

I can see "http://www.bigfishgames.com/pc-games/" without problems and forum sides, but as soon as I click on a game like "http://www.bigfishgames.com/games/8496/sea-of-lies-burning-coast-collectors-edition/?pc" only the background is in the middle and the rest of the side so far away on the right side, that I can't reach or see.

The button "get game tips" is not visible for me, because too far away :-(

I tryed with an other browser (Opera) without problems, but I don't like Opera and why should I change my browser? Yesterday it worked fine with Firefox, I didn't change (nor update) my system. It was BFG who changed his system, not me :-(

(sorry for my english, I'm from germany)

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Jan 29, 15 2:40 AM
mouseclick2 wrote:They don't want you to have easy access to the Forum so as not to be spooked by all the countless tech issues that people are reporting, which in turn convince you not to even try the game or more importantly, not purchase it in a rash manner at first glance.

LOL....I agree. That has to be the only reason for not including the forum link.

I wonder if this is a first step in getting rid of the gaming forums too....

troischats
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by troischats on Jan 29, 15 3:13 AM
Just to chuck in my tuppence worth ...... I was surprised to see the new layout, but I don't mind it, to be honest. I too couldn't find the link to the forum at first, but then there it was - tucked away up in the top right corner, next to a yellow speech bubble ('Get Game Tips'). So in actual fact the link to the game forum is still in the game page.

However.....

If it took me a few minutes to find it, and I was actively looking for it, I'm assuming that people "not in the know" aren't going to stumble across it. Which I'm also assuming is the whole point. This is only my opinion, but I'd guess that BFG are looking to minimise the prominence of the games forums. Eventually they can then do away with them altogether because "not enough people are using them" (because they can't find 'em!).

[Post New]by purplehatlady on Jan 29, 15 3:20 AM
Valdy wrote:It looks overcrowded. And why did they switch the "Play now" and "Buy now" buttons around? And why is the size of the full version no longer next to the size of the demo version, but instead with the Game System Requirements?

And, oh yes... I thought they had done away with the forums, until someone told me where I can now find the button to get me to the game's forum.
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................Vlady i so agree with you, they have had so many bad reports on the last CE perhaps as you suggest they all gone into hiding intill its safe to come out. The new page is APPALLING get right big fish before your customers all leave the ship

purplehatlady

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Jan 29, 15 3:39 AM
Just chiming in that I don't like it either...some things should just be left alone. You know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But they have their ways of mixing things up, and I don't think they really care too much about what many of us think. Oh well, business as usual.

eta: And what is up with the posts? They are all strung out across the page, and you have to scroll back and forth to read the sentences. Don't like this either.

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 3:40:40 AM PST

swedane
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
494 Posts

[Post New]by swedane on Jan 29, 15 3:53 AM
Sniet wrote:
Yesterday it worked fine with Firefox, I didn't change (nor update) my system. It was BFG who changed his system, not me :-(

(sorry for my english, I'm from germany)

Hi Sniet,
Ich deaktiviert Adblock Plus und dann Firefox für mich gearbeitet.
Hoffe, es hleps?

Try using Firefox again, but with Adblock Plus or AdBlock disabled (behindert).

gryhndlvr
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by gryhndlvr on Jan 29, 15 3:57 AM
Guess I am in the minority. I really like the new layout. It looks more organized and clean.

gamblebug
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by gamblebug on Jan 29, 15 4:21 AM
Well that was weird.Clicked on page 2 of this forum and the page enlarged so much,i couldn't see who was posting,had to swipe side to side.This has never happened before and when I go back to page one it's normal.I do wish BF would stop with all these changes.And even though I love the their games,it does seem since they sold out that we've had many many games with lots of tech issues.And i'm one that has taken up for BF in the pass.I'm still waiting a fix Midnight Mysteries Ghost Writer.Well off the check out todays games.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 29, 15 4:42 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:eta: And what is up with the posts? They are all strung out across the page, and you have to scroll back and forth to read the sentences. Don't like this either.

That's Purplehatlady's fault. LOL She did a long line of ....... which now stretches the page into infinity and beyond !!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Jan 29, 15 5:05 AM
I do like the larger window to see the game videos but other than that I am not liking the change either. It reminds me of how another site has their game download pages set up.

I also don't like how hard it is to find the Forum link. I wonder what the thinking was behind that move. Ever since the CCC was eliminated, I always go straight from the game page into the Forums to read the reviews so why is Big Fish making it so complicated to do that now?

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Jan 29, 15 5:22 AM
Can't say I'm thrilled with it either. Everything is too big especially the video block and banner ad.

One thing I've noticed is that the url for the games has a different format. I wonder why?

If they were going to change things around the least they could do is fix the links. On the Mac pages if they link to other games in the same series or to the Collector's Edition from the Standard Edition, they always link to the PC page. I have stopped contacting them about it as they never fix it.

edited to add:

I too am wondering if the new company is going to eliminate the forum. I rarely look at the official game reviews, as they don't allow tech issues to be included in the review. *sigh* I still miss the CCC.

Edited on 01/29/2015 at 5:29:56 AM PST

ciscaR8
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by ciscaR8 on Jan 29, 15 5:23 AM
dont like it either i couldnt find the forum or get tips

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Jan 29, 15 5:34 AM
Don't like it either - just looks some of the other sites - thought BF was more original!

[Post New]by Persistent_Cat on Jan 29, 15 5:36 AM
I like it too, cleaner and less dated. Surprised they didn't change the PC homepage and the forums. Phased roll out, maybe?

Change in websites happen. Because of new operating systems and the various devices people use to visit this site, they have to change the layout to make sure everyone can see it (and yes, I saw there are problems, that always comes with a change like this).

This is a gaming site. You can't use the old adage, "if it ain't broke" because a gaming site will always be moving forward.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 15 5:44 AM
I'll add myself to the minority vote and say I like it. This is my opinion only, but it has brought what was a rather uninteresting game page into 2015 and moved with the times.

I never bothered looking at the videos. It was too much kerfuffle to go through all that buffering. Now it opens immediately and can only bring in more customers for BFG (the video for this one looks great). Also, the thumbnails open right away into that big window and the larger print for the synopsis is good for those struggling with the small print.

We still have a one-click link to the forums. I have a feeling, though, that this is the pre-cursor to these forums disappearing altogether, and with not even one day's notice as happened with CCC. If you don't have your friends' details, I'd gather them now. And there's zero chance of CCC coming back.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 29, 15 5:51 AM
You know what? I don't care -- I kind of like the look, it's fine, but trying to figure out where to click to go to the forum is bizarre. I would have figured it out eventually, but I first clicked on the forum home from the list at the bottom of the page, read this thread and realized somewhere there was actually a place to click, found it and returned here, but come on. No need for that BF. Why not an icon/description which makes it clear you're going to the forum for the specific game. Not hard, right?

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Jan 29, 15 5:56 AM
Ok, I give up, where is the link to the game forum?

I like the general look of the new design, but can't find the forum.

Thanks for anyone's help in advance.

Tiger2010
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,624 Posts

[Post New]by Tiger2010 on Jan 29, 15 6:10 AM
Steve_san

You must have found it by accident as you're here posting.

It's that little grey link at the top right of the page that says "Get Game Tips".

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 29, 15 6:11 AM
The link to the game forum is top right hand corner.

Most of us have a hard time with change so this will take some getting use to but I like it. It looks clean and neat to me.

Go to: