Punishment without Crime

nixe2000
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

Re:Punishment without Crime

[Post New]by nixe2000 on Jan 30, 15 3:34 AM
Yep, no reward for me either! Clicked on reward, got this rosette? badge? in my backpack, clicked on this - nothing. No trophy either.
Has anyone got a real reward so far?

sifflevent
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by sifflevent on Jan 30, 15 4:07 AM
May I suggest that you hold on until the final day to claim your chest. You will continue to collect food to help friends' expeditions and be able to continue collecting Folder with Papers artifacts which are 2000XP apiece. You can assemble as many as you like.

Edited on 01/30/2015 at 4:33:18 AM PST

[Post New]by MSMICHELE75 on Jan 30, 15 2:53 PM
No reward for me either!! I HATE when ROM does this crap. It is so frustrating!

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Jan 30, 15 2:58 PM
Nixe2000 take a look at the information that Clashfan78 wrote about contacting the developers in Russia, that will be the only way to receive any of the items that were suppose to be awarded in chest.

This happened back in November, there was a brand new quest and It took the developers 3 days into the quest for the problem to be fixed, however, any of those that received the empty chest were not compensated unless we contacted Russia directly.
Heck, this is so new Wiki still doesn't have any information about it. Hopefully they will get it fixed and take care of those that didn't get anything.

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Jan 30, 15 3:21 PM
Everyone is certainly entitled to play however they would like but I would just like to again point out the benefits of not taking the reward so early.

First you can continue to collect the extremely scarce specialty dragon food to either stock up on or help feed your neighbors still needing to run their own expeditions.

Second this quest offers a HUGE bonus in the form of the "folder with papers" artifact. As long as you don't take the reward you can continue to help Attorney Nikky at your friends and collect pieces for this artifact. The charges are on the free gift list as well. This is most likely the biggest and best part of this offer. If you think about it just collecting 5 of the artifacts is a full level up at 10,000 xp's. You do not even have to do the quest in order to take advantage of this portion of it.

Finally although I have no idea what is in the chest it's probably not going to be that much. Typically when we get the goods, as it were, during the quest itself the reward is minimal at best. Unlike the recent cave offer which gave zero xp's and gold for it's artifacts but had a really good reward chest at the end.

I'm sure they will work out the issue with the reward itself just like they did with the one back in November. I just think some of you might be missing the bigger picture of where the value in this quest lies by rushing to finish and get the reward.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by aim4stars on Jan 30, 15 3:30 PM
I am having to play these modes over and over as many as 12 times to get items to drop. I am at Expert + level. Is anyone else experiencing challenges like this.

Also, I just helped with an expedition and contributed 6000 in dragon food. I was the largest contributor and the dragon was almost fed. No one was even close to the amount of my contribution and all I got was a few tarra card and 10 berries. This sort of meager payout is happening to me a lot. Anyone else. Already contacted dev with BF. They say they can't help.

[Post New]by MSMICHELE75 on Jan 30, 15 3:43 PM
Crow12000 wrote:Everyone is certainly entitled to play however they would like but I would just like to again point out the benefits of not taking the reward so early.

I do understand this, but I wanted to finish the quest, as I have to work and I have family visiting. I don't have the time to continue to play to collect the goodies, as much as I would love to, and I'm sure others are in the same situation.

aim4stars
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by aim4stars on Jan 30, 15 4:08 PM
I finally just broke down and bought the pendulum of chaos and this kicked the rest of the items into gear. They began dropping more regularly.
Also what is this giant pause symbol that is popping up at the close of each search??
It is like two vertical lines the way a "pause" symbol looks and there is even a banner you push to continue. I have been playing for over a year and never seen this.

Edited on 01/30/2015 at 4:09:43 PM PST

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Jan 30, 15 4:21 PM
MsMichele75, we all understand it takes all kinds of gamers. There is never any harm in taking the chest, esp when rl interferes. Plus, we need all kinds to take chests at various intervals. I know I rushed to finish fast and take the chest in the infamous X11 oops. Those who got the chest early were greatly rewarded. So there are obviously pros and cons to both.

Clash, you stated very nicely the benefits of waiting. Thank you for reiterating and helping new players.

I hope that everyone who got gyped will keep us posted on the results of their endeavors contacting the devs and that the chest will get fixed before the end of this quest!

Sophie0254
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Sophie0254 on Jan 30, 15 5:01 PM
I took the chest to see if the chest would be real before I go through the offer again (on my other account). I normally wait to take the chest until the offer is literally out the door, this time I had a reason to take it early. I did think of the "Folders with Papers" as my grubby little hand grabbed the ribbon.But another comment on the overall offer, I did some visiting after taking the "ribbon". Nikki seems to have left my neighbors and Paris. I sent PlayME8 email. I will keep after it.

SebringSu
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by SebringSu on Jan 30, 15 10:15 PM
Because there is only the 3 hours and 45 minutes to get through the Police Station, it was certainly a challenge to complete when I still have the problem of my game completely closing, after the 5th time I was starting to get a little nervous. But I was able to pull it off even with having trouble getting the lighters to drop so I could help Attorney Nikky.
I think the programmer that worked on this quest reversed the exp and gold on the Folder and Papers, so I wanted to make sure I got to take advantage if they change it.
I am not going to take the ribbon until we get conformation that the glitch has been fixed.

[Post New]by zitronenfalter12 on Jan 31, 15 3:29 AM
You seem to have liked the room. Me not. I'm through with RoM.
The last new events were all the same: tiny mini itzibitzi little items to search and then there is hardly an edge looking out from behind anything. Nearly no contrasts in the pics and I hate to sit 3cm before the screen because I can't identify anything.
I'm bored bored bored bored.
Additionally 10-12 searches to find 1 item even if it is not a special mode.

I will jump in from day to day to do my ore giftings and appreciate any applications for being wiki admin. If anyone likes?

B1560
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by B1560 on Jan 31, 15 8:46 AM
zitronenfalter12 wrote:You seem to have liked the room. Me not. I'm through with RoM.
The last new events were all the same: tiny mini itzibitzi little items to search and then there is hardly an edge looking out from behind anything. Nearly no contrasts in the pics and I hate to sit 3cm before the screen because I can't identify anything.

I will miss you but I definitely agree with you. The last few new offers were not enjoyable at all. My RoM days may be winding down as well

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Jan 31, 15 8:58 AM
B1560 wrote:
zitronenfalter12 wrote:You seem to have liked the room. Me not. I'm through with RoM.

I will miss you but I definitely agree with you. The last few new offers were not enjoyable at all. My RoM days may be winding down as well

Sad to hear, but i have to agree with you both, as I've had similar thoughts about the latest offers. I haven't been in the police station yet, but The Sweet Revenge was just way too wicked for me - i looked at the pics in the wikia before going into the room and even if the items were circled, i still couldn't see some of them!! awful.
I probably spent 20 minutes in the sweet factory altogether, hated it so much i barely got to student level, and decided "*#%* this, i'm not doing this". I bought almost all the parts for the artifacts; that's how much i despised it LOL.

Marjasinstar
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,947 Posts

[Post New]by Marjasinstar on Jan 31, 15 9:24 AM
Oh Zitron, I am so sad to see you go. You were one of mentors when I first came aboard this game. You have done such a wonderful job on the wikia and I wonder if 1/2 of the new players know just how much time you devoted to it, just to help your fellow players. I will miss you terribly. Good luck, good health, and God bless you in all of your future endeavors. (((hugs)))

deadme
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by deadme on Jan 31, 15 9:52 AM
I thought the room reminded me of the offer called Hair and Nails Beauty Salon but you can click on the items in this room for this offer. I managed to complete the room with 45 minutes to spare and used Nautilus Pallium and pet dragon Eterious only. Cards for when the offer said find this item in said mode and using bells when i had to.

The item drop wasn't that bad for me, just 1 item I had to search 4 times before it dropped, and that's as bad as it got for me.

Unlike the candy room which I hated so much I had to buy the items just to finish the offer. Now I'm just hoping that when it comes to opening the reward that it's not empty as I wait for the very last day to take the reward as I gather more food for these offer dragons

MrsFalk
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by MrsFalk on Jan 31, 15 10:46 AM
aim4stars wrote:I finally just broke down and bought the pendulum of chaos and this kicked the rest of the items into gear. They began dropping more regularly.
Also what is this giant pause symbol that is popping up at the close of each search??
It is like two vertical lines the way a "pause" symbol looks and there is even a banner you push to continue. I have been playing for over a year and never seen this.

I have been seeing this for most of this week. It is what you'd see if you paused during a search. I'm guessing they have a glitch. I hope it gets fixed as it is a little dictracting, but doesn't seem to be creating any other problems.

kdsmith5cs16
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by kdsmith5cs16 on Jan 31, 15 12:16 PM
I didn't mind searching this room too much- the items were just visible enough that it provided an interesting challenge. What made me want to tear my hair out in this room was the abysmal drop rate. Every single item took at least 3 searches- most took 5-8. I really hate that in a timed room because I don't even have a chance to take a break and do something else (in game or not) before coming back to it refreshed. Not a fun offer, but I do hope to see the room in the comps.

Oh, and I've been having the same thing with the pause screen at the end of every search. Freaked me out the first time it happened, but now I ignore it completely.

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Jan 31, 15 4:44 PM
I went in with some trepidation based on the previous posts. I however did not have any issues with the drop rate. I had Eterious fully happy, I used silver cards, one wishmaster and I completed both artifacts in just under 2 hours. It only took me that long as each search took me some time to complete. I got the first item in 3 tries and after that it went pretty quick.

The room was a bit boring which is probably to do with the color scheme and yes the items are a little small and obscured. Overall not that visually exciting but I didn't find it that difficult either. What I can't believe is that everyone before me seems to have known what a "rubber truncheon" was. For those that don't and have yet to do the room it's a nightstick or billy club depending on your preference.

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Feb 1, 15 9:32 AM
MrsFalk wrote:
aim4stars wrote:

I have been seeing this for most of this week. It is what you'd see if you paused during a search. I'm guessing they have a glitch. I hope it gets fixed as it is a little dictracting, but doesn't seem to be creating any other problems.

Received an email back from BF about this problem which said to make sure your using the latest flash player. I find this quite odd because I'm not the only one having the problem. I don't think BF knows either.

Go to: