LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by LarkBea on Feb 2, 15 8:57 AM
Having the same issue as belamba. Win7-64 bit. Had to ctrl/alt/delete to get out of the game as the hand with the casing would pop up over the main menu making exiting impossible otherwise.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Shiver: The Lily's Requiem Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by blondie4116 on Feb 3, 15 5:57 PM
doorgirl wrote:Am on a late 2014 rMacbook Pro 13" running 10.10.2 . Am running full screen and the image area is bigger than the screen area so there was right-left slippage, but the tabs are meant to be on the screen edges this meant that if the image area slipped left so that the far right edge of the image is visible, the hot spots are not in the correct alignment and don't work until they are slid back up to the right edge. The Guide tab is most affected.

In options there is only full-screen or windowed, with the window going beneath bottom border because of window title bar.

I wondered and tried the display settings and set it to one setting to the right of what all the other games usually use....and the others often crash if the display setting has more pixels.

This time, this game likes the denser pixel setting. The second from left in display prefs says "best for display". This game, on this model running this OS likes the next one over.

Can't be the only one that is dealing with this. bfgLianorm: could you tell Artogon. Am happy now that I found the solution, but it was annoying. And shouldn't be that complicated.

Like the game, tho. Creepy, but in a good way!

I'm have a mac, mid 2012, 13 inch, 10.10.2
I tried this and it worked for a couple of minutes, then it started sliding again, so I tried to change it back and it went to a small screen size with 2 inch white borders. I finally just had to give it up as a bad job. I guess I'll wait for a fix.

TillyQ
Clownfish
Clownfish
526 Posts

[Post New]by TillyQ on Feb 3, 15 7:48 PM
I was playing on a MacBook pro with OSX10.8. The game played fine for about 5 minutes, the introduction and a few more scenes. Then I started getting wavy lines in the top quarter of the screen. When I quit the game I still had lines & some small text on the screen. I had to shut the computer down & then restart it. Luckily everything returned to normal. I won't be trying any more of this demo.

[Post New]by deb0725 on Feb 4, 15 1:26 PM
I have gotten past the barrel to release water with a wrench then it opened a window to the house. The window allows me to enter however, if I click anywhere after the two hands and the red headed girl show up extremely large, it boots me completely from the game.

I am on a Windows 7, 64 bit and all drivers and flash are up to date. I am only one hour into the demo and am quite intrigued to purchase however, am unable to get past this point.

Thoughts or potential help?
thank you kindly!

Deb

EnyaMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by EnyaMom on Feb 4, 15 5:23 PM
I had the same problem with getting booted out of the game after going in the window and seeing the girl and the hands. I tried to get past there one or two more times and then thought to look in the guide. That is the end of the demo. Don't understand why it kicked me out though.

[Post New]by LEEAL77 on Feb 4, 15 6:20 PM
snapnhiss wrote:I didn't have any problems the first time I started the game but I noticed I missed a pearl early on so I started over. Now I can't get past the prologue, the key disappears before I can open a door. I've tried it four times, poof!

I played the beta and had zero problems.

I had the same problem. I uninstalled and re-installed 3 times with the same result. Then on the 4th install I can see the key but the game won't let me pick it up. There isn't even the hand symbol to indicate that it can be picked up.
I am playing on a Windows 7 desktop. Thought at first maybe it was a virus or some other problem with my computer; so I had the Geek Squad go in and do their thing. They said it is NOT my computer. Everything is up to date and they could not find any issues. Please tell us how to fix these glitches! This game looks like something I would like but I will NOT be buying it if is not fixed.

RedPoppies
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by RedPoppies on Feb 4, 15 11:24 PM
Zipped through the main game without any of the problems that seem to be cropping up here. HOWEVER playing the bonus chapter I'm up to the point where you need to interact with items in the games room. After picking up the gun cartridge and reading the note inside I now cannot close the closeup screen. Every time I try to move to another area this screen comes up and when it's closed using the X the screen behind it goes blank. I don't really want to replay the game to get back to this point.

[Post New]by peacefrogdd1 on Feb 5, 15 9:47 AM
having same problem with the key

astral27
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by astral27 on Feb 5, 15 11:03 AM
I am having the same problem with the bonus game - open the cylinder for the message & insert screen says can use to put gunpowder in but cannot move forward without the screen re-opening & background blurring. I can go to another area using the map but makes no difference.

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by smck325 on Feb 5, 15 12:20 PM
I am having the same problem as Red Poppies, LarkBea, belama and astral27! I get the cartridge and it needs to be filled with gunpowder which I don't have yet. It keeps popping up everywhere I try to go and I get the blurred screen. Had to Ctrl-Alt
Delete to get out of game. I am using Windows 7 Pro - 64 bit. I hope someone can fix this issue so I and many others can finish.

Update: I closed the game and then went back in and everything was fine! It started where I left off.

Edited on 02/05/2015 at 1:58:48 PM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Feb 5, 15 2:44 PM
I'm having a problem with repairing the engine. The inventory does not show on the close-up of the engine. It was there earlier but now I can't get the funnel or water for the radiator.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing the game with no results. I have my software updated and the latest java. I am running OS 10.10.1 on a 21" iMac with 16 GB RAM and a 1 TB HD that is more than half empty. What else can be done?

mareflynn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by mareflynn on Feb 6, 15 8:46 AM
The code to open the medicine cabinet won't work.
I checked the strategy guide and I was putting in the correct code.
Without the bandage that is in the medicine cabinet, I can't advance in the game.

Every time I enter the code and pull the handle, it tells me that I don't know the code.

Please help. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. I think this has to be a technical issue and not a user error.

THE DREADED RAINBOW SCREEN!!! Shiver: The Lily's Requiem CE

[Post New]by Penhip on Feb 6, 15 11:51 PM
I've been playing games from the Big Fish site for a very log time and have had technical problems with 2 games; one of them being Shiver Moonlight Grove and now Lily's Requiem. I play on my MACBOOK PRO currently using OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.1

I have downloaded Shiver: LR 3 times and have had a colored lines appear on the top half of the screen. The controls don't respond when I've tried to exit the game by pressing menu so I've had to turn off the computer manually. I was able to download the game without a hitch (all 3 times) and have not received error messages during or after the rainbow screen.

I am a huge Shiver fan and I'm bummed I haven't been able to play LR.

Has anyone else had this problem?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Feb 7, 15 9:40 AM
Key disappears or freezes - same issue as SnapnHiss...I restarted to get the pearls I may have missed in the HOPs but couldn't get past the first scene the second time playing the game. I went back and deleted my first profile (which was a stupid thing to do, as it didn't help and now I can't play the game at all.)

I have created several new profiles and restarted and at first the key disappeared and then when I went back in, it was there, but I couldn't pick it up.

maybe i'll also try different difficulty modes - maybe it has something to do with the tutorial?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Feb 7, 15 9:45 AM
the Tutorial may be the issue to the frozen/disappearing key...I went back in and played in expert mode with no tutorial and got the key; tried again in casual mode with the tutorial and had the same problem. Also tried custom mode using the tutorial and the key froze again.

It seems you will not "technically" be able to get all of the achievements with this game.....

libsr
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by libsr on Feb 7, 15 10:46 AM
I'm getting error code 912 when I try to install this game.

I previously downloaded and tried to install it through game manager. After having problems with the install, I uninstalled it and tried again and now I get this message.. I have tried redownloading from both the manager and the website. The manager is saying it's already downloaded and ready to install.. it's not.. How can I fix it?

[Post New]by Penhip on Feb 7, 15 4:48 PM
SECOND POST:

I've been playing games from the Big Fish site for a very log time and have had technical problems with 2 games; one of them being Shiver Moonlight Grove and now Lily's Requiem. I play on my MACBOOK PRO currently using OS X YOSEMITE 10.10.2

I have downloaded Shiver: LR 3 times and have had a colored lines appear on the top half of the screen every time. The controls don't respond when I've tried to exit the game by pressing menu so I've had to turn off the computer manually. I was able to download the game without a hitch (all 3 times) and have not received error messages during or after the rainbow screen.

I am a huge Shiver fan and I'm bummed I haven't been able to play LR.

I've read the postings and other uses have had the "colored lines" appear on their screen. One user was simply relieved that their computer was fine once they were able to get out of the game and is not going to attempt to play again.

Now that's a course of action neither BF or Artegon wants but there really aren't many other recourses available at this juncture, are they?

So... Is Artegon aware of their games recurring impact on MAC USERS?

Is BF looking into this problem (with Artegon) at all?

if so, what is the recommendation?

And please don't post the regular technical troubleshooting freeze screen instructions. THEY DON'T WORK!!!! None of BF's troubleshooting ideas work here...

DO we have to go in manually and adjust the pixels on "Display" in System Preferences?

Surely, Artegon does not want to make playing their game so ridiculously cumbersome especially when other games run perfectly fine on the default settings

ANY IDEAS, SUGGESTIONS or PLANS WELCOME... THANKS MUCH!

[Post New]by jennytwotones on Feb 7, 15 4:54 PM
Hi, was really enjoying the game until the fountain scene. After the pipe puzzle near the beach, I got a pipe (or valve, can't remember now) and ball in my inventory. Unfortunately, the pipe is on top of the ball, and I need the ball to use on the fountain. I've never seen that happen before. I can't continue the game as I need to be able to use the ball. Will this glitch be fixed?

kaitlinn
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by kaitlinn on Feb 8, 15 12:18 PM
Same trouble with closeup of Cartridge - game froze - blurry - couldn't continue-
Solution: hit ctrl-alt-delete - to get out of game - restarted and the bonus game continued where I left out.

Retrieving pearl in HOP

[Post New]by schminga455 on Feb 8, 15 12:59 PM
In the HOP in the hospital office (closet door) I am unable to retrieve the pearl in the upper left corner because of the House icon. I can see the pearl, but my cursor selects House and not the HOP item. I've tried both Full Screen and not-Full from the game options, as well as changing the the screen resolution of my monitor. Deselecting Full Screen makes the pearl a little more visible, but the cursor still cannot select it.

Go to: