Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

Re:TGT : The Omega Stone-Riddle of the Sphinx II

[Post New]by Lil_Red on May 24, 09 9:48 AM
Took the plunge....it D/Led in 2 hours.....so far it's harder than I thought, but not impossible. Graphics are good and the travel isn't as annoying as you might think.

Will write more as I progress through.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on May 24, 09 9:51 AM
Morning Lil Red .can't wait to hear from you about this file thanks.

Lil_Red
Stingray
Stingray
5,319 Posts

[Post New]by Lil_Red on May 24, 09 9:56 AM
Morning ghost, hope you're not expecting too much......you know I'm not the smartest fishie in the pond as far as these adventure gams go.

SSmitty
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,250 Posts

[Post New]by SSmitty on May 24, 09 12:24 PM
Personally I enjoyed this game. Yes it is a bit harder than the first one. The underwater hunting was a have to have a walkthrough for me. Of course, I can get lost in a closet. I put a lot of hours in on this one, believe me. The only place I really needed the walkthrough however was on the underground mazes and the underwater. Otherwise it is pretty straight forward stuff once you get the hang of how to go from one area to the other.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 24, 09 8:09 PM
Strangely enough, I was able to get the 60 minute download to try this game. I'm not sure I'll buy it, because as far as I can see, the walkthroughs are not complete at all, and leave the player more confused than the game itself (IMHO).

Another feature I'm not thrilled about is the motion. It's got the 360 degree thing going on; if you're not up to this, it can be dizzying.

I think I'll try the 60 minute game tomorrow morning. Much too tired to try it tonight.

Don't ask me how I got the 60 minute demo, I'm just glad I did. Will have more to report tomorrow, I'm sure.

Hope you all can get the demo as well.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 24, 09 8:14 PM
Addendum to my not above:

I downloaded the game because I couldn't get the demo. After it finally downloaded, when I go to My Account, the Omega Stone is in there and gives me the choice of playing for 60 minutes on the demo, or buying it outright.

Don't know if this is right or wrong, but that's what happened!?!

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

[Post New]by Gentlsong on May 24, 09 8:21 PM
Sablesshadow wrote:Addendum to my not above:

I downloaded the game because I couldn't get the demo. After it finally downloaded, when I go to My Account, the Omega Stone is in there and gives me the choice of playing for 60 minutes on the demo, or buying it outright.

Don't know if this is right or wrong, but that's what happened!?!

But...by downloading it you've already paid for it, right?

c_tea
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
9 Posts

[Post New]by c_tea on May 24, 09 9:17 PM
just read all of the posts to see if the game was worth the download without trying out the demo first. mixed opinions and no real reviews as of yet, seems that only a few have downloaded it and not yet played enough to say if they like or not. i am intrigued, although, about the comments about folk looking for the walkthrough, i personally do not like using them, so if the game is hard enough that people want a walkthrough already (the game is new and just posted) then maybe that will be my deciding factor. i like a challenge and i like trying to solve things until i pull my hair out b4 going to the w.t. for solutions. hummmm maybe the best use of a credit? i just finished 'lost in the city' YUCK! that was a waste and i did the demo first. so what the heck do i know, i did not like a game i demoed and thought i would, so maybe i will take the plunge and not demo this game and find out i like it, wish me luck.

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on May 25, 09 9:48 AM
Gentlsong, yes, you're right. When I went to my account, The Omega Stone was there, I did purchase it (darn CRS), but it shows in My Account as Play and also as Buy. I guess I'll be asking CS what went wrong. I'm sure they can tell me what happened.

c tea, welcome to the forums; I think I'm going to like this game, but I'll definitely need a really good walkthrough to get to the end, I'm sure. This might be the game that takes me "To Infinity and Beyond!" LOL

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on May 25, 09 10:47 AM
Does anyone know the reason why some of these adventure games can't be demoed?

I can see posting a warning before the download about the size but for those of us with high speed connections even large files don't usually take that long. I've downloaded some huge files in only a few minutes from other sites.

Just wondering...

govegril
Stingray
Stingray
5,727 Posts

[Post New]by govegril on May 25, 09 10:55 AM
Sableshadow

I have had that happen to me when I have purchased a large file adventure game from BF. When you run it it looks like a demo game - you have to click on the already purchase/ activate this game button.
It must happen quite a bit as I posted about it when it happened to me and someone else had it happen before and advised me what to do.
Don't know why it happens though.

I purchased this game retail long ago and I cannot remember much about it- all I know if I only played the game once I must not have enjoyed it that much as I am usually in the habit of playing my adventure games over and over.

[Post New]by selkirksam on May 25, 09 11:02 AM
We are stucck at the Easter Island site. We cannot get the three moais to fall down at the end of the underground maze. We turn the knobs as directed and in accordance with the first set of moais with the lighted eyes. But the heads rotate as suggested in the walkthough, but the moais do not fall and create a bridge to get theEaster Island Omega disk. Can anyone help us. Thanks.

[Post New]by mycuppatea on May 25, 09 11:18 AM
To make the 3 guys fall, you have to use the black mask in the other room with the 6 guys. You see 3 statutes eyes light up and you have to turn those corresponding statutes in the lava room. If I remember correctly, you turn #3, #4, and #5, if you number them from left to right as in clockwise. Hope that helps.

[Post New]by selkirksam on May 25, 09 11:25 AM
Thanks for the reply. We did the mask and got the shining eyes. It was the middle and fartherest on the left and the closest on the right. That meant turning the knobs as follows: top on the right and the middle and bottom on the left. Watching the heads turn, we have the right three turning, but they fail to fall??

[Post New]by mycuppatea on May 25, 09 2:08 PM
Gosh, I went back to look and you're right (last 2 on left and 1st one on right). Don't know why they didn't fall, maybe someone else can answer. Good luck!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 25, 09 3:41 PM
Hi all,

Since The Omega Stone now has is own forums, I'm just popping in to move this thread.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on May 25, 09 6:49 PM
I'm with everyone who said they wouldn't buy it without a demo. I do understand about the large files but honestly, I don't buy anything sight unseen. From the comments I've read so far, it looks like I wouldn't want to buy it anyway. Too bad. I know BF tries hard to give us variety.

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on May 25, 09 7:33 PM
I bought it and it's almost finished downloading. I like adventure games. The only worry I have is several posts about not being able to save it.

Strange.

~Gina

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on May 25, 09 8:07 PM
Here is what I found in a walkthrough of this game as far as saving it.

There are 2 types of saving the game: save - which save over your previous save and no labeling of the saved game. The other is save as - this saves the game as a separate file and does not overwrite a previous save. Labeling of the save is possible.

[Post New]by SirGil on May 26, 09 6:39 AM
Hi all... The Omega Stone (TOS), sequel to Riddle of the Sphinx (ROTS), does not require a patch. ROTS did require one, but not TOS. This game was produced on much better technology and with much better graphics and sound.

Btw, for you who are tired of Egypt-based adventures, TOS is a longer game with exploration and adventure, but most is NOT in Egypt. It starts in Egypt where ROTS left off, but then exploration takes place in Stonehenge, Chichen Itza (Yukatan), Bermuda's Triangle, Santorini Islands (a link to Atlantis' ruins), and Easter Island.

Enjoy!

Go to: