BEN1972
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Elven Legend here.

[Post New]by BEN1972 on Feb 5, 15 4:18 AM
I tried something that worked for me. Click on options and check on or check off the custom cursor choice. I hope it works for you guys. I'm also running Windows 7.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 5, 15 7:51 AM
Hi everyone,

I was just splashing through and saw that players are having issues with black screens and cursors. That doesn't seem to make the game very fun.

It looks like Ben1972 had a great suggestion that seemed to work where he turned off the custom cursor. I hope this works for you guys as well.

If you are still seeing issues, I recommend to contact our Tech Support Team who will help to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Feb 5, 15 8:40 AM
Hi, I bought this game with a coupon and managed to play it to level 18, ( SPOILER ALERT), got to the end of the level and was unable to warm up the wolves. It's a pity as I love T.M. games. Using windows 8.1 on p.c.
I think Miss Marigold11 has a valid point.

otineke
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by otineke on Feb 6, 15 4:38 AM
i have the same problem, cant warm the wolves, supplies enough but it dont work

i have XP

Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by 0161 on Feb 6, 15 10:49 AM
otineke wrote:i have the same problem, cant warm the wolves, supplies enough but it dont work

i have XP
Hi, solved it at the very top of the screen there are stones in front of steps, click on these and once they have gone, click on them again, then you can warm up the wolves.
Now to find out where I went wrong at level 25....

cargui
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by cargui on Feb 6, 15 3:11 PM
I was playing this wonderful game and at level 20 the screen just went black. I checked my Nvidia card, uninstalled and re-installed and got the same problem. This is crazy.....

simhaup1
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by simhaup1 on Feb 6, 15 10:39 PM
Game is laggy. Always have to go back out of the game and come back in many times so that I can play with some sort of regular speed in the game.

Many Big Fish members wait for Time Management games when they come out, and there are many members from what I read in forums. Big Fish loves Hidden Object games and Jewel drops and match 3's, but what about us TM peeps.
And when a TM game finally comes out, we are always having some kind of problems with them. Can Big Fish get this fixed already, otherwise, you are going to lose a lot of members....Including me!!

Edit: I think people get really tired of having to try this or try that on their systems when other games have worked before. I don't think it's our computers....I think it's Big Fish not looking further into your games to fix these issues. I've waited on many games for fixes and or updates and never saw them. So I've just deleted the games, and losing money by buying them without a fix because I've trusted Big Fish to come out with a fix....Just saying!

Edited on 02/06/2015 at 10:43:36 PM PST

BlueLena
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by BlueLena on Feb 7, 15 4:46 PM
Downloaded ok, but clicked the options in the menu and blank black screen- running windows 8, so tried on another laptop which runs win. 7, clicked play and got blank black screen. Really wanted to play this game as its not a H.O..Hope it can be fixed somehow.

kiwis00
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by kiwis00 on Feb 10, 15 10:15 PM
bfgBellerophon wrote:Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

What a terrible, lame excuse! [Removed by Moderator] How dare you!

Edited on 04/29/2015 at 9:12:29 AM PST

lucyb24
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by lucyb24 on Feb 14, 15 2:52 PM
Windows 7 black screen after level two on trial. I removed custom cursor before starting the game so that didn't help.

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Feb 15, 15 12:57 PM
When are the Devs going to make a patch for this damn, frustrating game???? I get little men running on the spot, and then I have to restart the round, the timer seems to go so fast near the 3rd star it is unbelievable to watch, the clicking is hopeless, then when you try to shut down you wait an age for it to close, then the screen goes black and then I am at desktop again. After all the comments and frustrated fishes in this pond I would have thought you would have pulled your finger out to sort this game out. It is a very addictive game but really frustrating at times. I cannot believe that some rounds finish well before the clock runs down then you have others that wait till you are about to finish with 3*s then the timer runs away.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Mar 1, 15 9:51 AM
Okay, in a TM game this is an ugly bug. Finished the level requirements and my goals are marked off in green and the timer DOES NOT STOP. Obviously, this means that not only can I not finish the level, I have no idea whether I should have made 2 or 3 stars for the level. Had this happen twice now on L26 Pro mode.

Shamumu
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Shamumu on Mar 7, 15 3:16 PM
When I try to play this game, I get an error message saying "Data Folder Not Found. There should be 'Elven_Legend_Data' folder next to the executable".

But the Elven_Legend_Data folder exists in the Elven Legend directory, so I don't know why I'm getting this error

-----

Nevermind. I reinstalled the game and now I can play it

Edited on 03/09/2015 at 7:46:54 PM PST

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Mar 9, 15 8:35 PM
On L24, there's a bug at the end of the level where clicking on the balloon for the girl to repair while she's melting the waterfall results in the game removing the items needed from inventory and setting the flag indicating the task is set but the girl ignores the task and returns to camp. Clicking on the balloon again results in the game telling the player they don't have enough materials.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Mar 10, 15 11:18 PM
L28 Professional Mode
Again with the timer failing to stop bug. Restarting the game doesn't seem to help; the level simply doesn't end (and can't be ended except via restart). It seems to happen pretty much every time I play this level now.

marebito
Minnow
Minnow
283 Posts

[Post New]by marebito on Mar 13, 15 11:55 PM
Level 40
Depending on the attempt (sic sometimes one bug occurs, sometimes a different one), items may be removed from inventory even though the girl doesn't actually stop to carry out the task as marked (task is checked but clicking it again does not uncheck the task and instead a message indicating inadequate resources is seen). Other times, items are not removed from inv (when clearing the cage (step before using the potion on the cage). Still other times, the girl goes to do the task assigned then immediately goes to the next task leaving a progress meter and a task that completes on its own behind. Also, the timer on a bonus (ex speed) doesn't stop during cut scenes resulting in the loss of the bonus.

This is a very bug-filled level.

ETA: Forgot to mention that sometimes, the girl will freeze when going to retrieve the key as well necessitating a level restart.

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 12:11:10 AM PST

amgood49
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by amgood49 on Mar 20, 15 7:08 AM
I have windows 8.1 brand new computer, there are a couple of glitches in this game,
one the people freeze, two sometimes when you hit it just right it gives you three stars and you didn't even finish the level. level 9 needs adjusted it can be done but not easy. others have beat it playing on expert mode.
that is as far as I am still trying to beat level 9 close. but if you build the well last
the people don't leave the town its like you have not finished all you items list but you have. this needs to have a patch made.

salad3
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by salad3 on Apr 28, 15 7:25 PM
Windows 7, black screen. Tried the custom cursor click, it didn't work.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 29, 15 8:47 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm so sorry to hear that players are experiencing freezing issues as well as display issues. Doesn't make things fun.

If you haven't already, please contact our Customer Support Team. They are always willing to help in any way that they can. This will also help to keep track of and report the issues you are experiencing.

Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by silverdove50 on May 12, 15 4:22 PM
They really ought to be more careful before they release a game. This one is absolutely ridiculous! When I press the time freeze the timer keeps going!!!! I lose stars, and cannot get 3 stars without using the bonuses.
they have made it pretty much impossible to get three stars in this game (except maybe the first few levels), but to have the bonuses not work is extremely frustrating. don't think I'll be buying any more games from this company! What a waste of time and money, not to mention the frustration!!!!

Go to: