PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Deadly Cold CE here!

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Feb 9, 15 9:48 AM
Have the same problem as others have mentioned - in the bonus game, near the end - forgot to take the tape and not can't enter the iced over area again. Frustrating.
It is a bug and should be fixed.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Mystery of the Ancients: Deadly Cold CE here!

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 11, 15 4:24 AM
Just bought the game because of this sale today, but i cannot install it, it won't do it ??!!
What else can I try?? The demo downloaded oke

Edited on 02/11/2015 at 4:25:27 AM PST

bfgMurrumbidgee
1,338 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMurrumbidgee on Feb 11, 15 10:28 AM
G'day,

I just wanted to pop in and let folks know that we'll be looking into why the tape in the bonus chapter is being less than cooperative for some users. As soon as we know more, we'll definitely update you.

Shelterhill if you're seeing an error message at all while downloading, there is a good chance it will be covered here:

Error Codes in Big Fish Games App

If you find that it isn't on the list or the steps aren't helping, please reach out to Customer Support and we'll help in any way we can.

bfgMurrumbidgee

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 11, 15 11:28 AM
Thanks, I didn't see an error, game manager just won't start, I'll try again tomorrow and if it still doesn't work I will contact customer support!!

Erinus
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Erinus on Feb 11, 15 2:38 PM
I can play the game but it is in a window and doesn't fill the entire screen of my 23" monitor. The current resolution I have is 1280 X 720. My other option is to go with 1920X 1080 but the game still plays in a window. With 1920 X 1080 the window is just much smaller so I don't like that. I can play the game with 1280 X 720 but wish it would fill the entire screen like most games do. I am running Win7. My PC meets or exceeds all the requirements for this game. When I go to Options and click "full-screen" it flashes black a few times but then returns to the window format.

[Post New]by gramdragon4 on Feb 11, 15 4:37 PM
The tape issue is definitely a technical issue. If you have not found the tape in the ice cave and retrieved it before the ice cave door is destroyed, you cannot get the tape and it is game over. There is no way to complete the bonus game without the tape.

I hope the game creators or tech folks can repair this. It is definitely a bug.

LarkBea
Herring
Herring
354 Posts

[Post New]by LarkBea on Feb 12, 15 3:09 AM
It's not so much a bug as an ill thought out flaw by design. I'm sure it was done on purpose...closing off that part of the map when other parts were completed. Problem is, without obtaining the tape in that section beforehand, you're hosed. I guess the devs were relying on everyone following the SG. I like to reserve that as a last resort, only if I am really stuck. This game was so enjoyable until I was forced to halt because I hadn't gotten the tape prior to the point where its location is sealed off. Very big design mistake. No area should be inaccessible when there are still items to be obtained in them that are crucial in finishing the game.

Edited on 02/12/2015 at 4:12:47 AM PST

[Post New]by shelterhill on Feb 12, 15 5:19 AM
bfgMurrumbidgee wrote:G'day,

Shelterhill if you're seeing an error message at all while downloading, there is a good chance it will be covered here:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1800"> Error Codes in Big Fish Games App </a>

If you find that it isn't on the list or the steps aren't helping, please reach out to <a href="http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/ask/"> Customer Support </a> and we'll help in any way we can.

bfgMurrumbidgee

It took me a whole morning, but finally i got the game on my computer! It took me some signing in and out, and a change in my cookiesystem [??]
But after hours, it downloaded , i hope the game will be worth the trouble!!

patyann
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by patyann on Feb 12, 15 7:46 PM
I played the demo and really like it so I bought the full version. Now I cannot get it to install. It took almost an hour to download and when it gets to about 57% installing it freeze up my computer and I have to manually turn it off to be able to do anything. I have tried installing it several times and it does the same thing each time. I had to go in and manually delete the game because when I tried to uninstall it is says the Uninstall link is missing.

[Post New]by JenSolley on Feb 12, 15 8:03 PM
I have the razor in my inventory, and after I cut open the stuffed animal, the RAZOR went into "plus" mode and it says "there is something sewn inside" OF THE RAZOR??? That must be a glitch right???

[Post New]by LoBro1218 on Feb 15, 15 2:32 PM
Rhysdux wrote:I just got the silver inlay for the throne room...and it vanished. I can't progress without it.

I'm really, really sick of this happening.

Same problem here!

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 17, 15 7:21 AM
I played the game all the way through when it came out.

With the "update" now the kitten has disappeared and I can not progress.......

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Feb 17, 15 7:55 AM
Hi everyone,

I was splashing along and came across this thread. I'm so sorry to hear that there are some issues with this game.

Patyann, it may be helpful to check out our following help page:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed.

It also looks like some players are seeing inventory disappear. Definitely doesn't make the game fun. I definitely recommend to contact our Tech Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They will be able to further troubleshoot.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

madmardi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by madmardi on Feb 21, 15 10:47 PM
I am also having issues with this game - firstly that although it shows up in my purchase history, it doesn't appear anywhere in My Games on the Game Manager. At the runes altar bit, it kept sort of freezing, so I re-installed it twice before being able to proceed. I also got to the silver inlay bit, only to have the silver inlay vanish and now I can't proceed. Have re-installed, several times, not happy.
I'm on a Mac Pro, most up to date operating system, no idea what it's called

[Post New]by mreedhead on Mar 3, 15 5:57 PM
I still have been unable to get the tape in the bonus chapter. I have uninstalled and reinstalled and no update has become available.

epundt
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by epundt on Mar 4, 15 8:21 AM
Yep, me too. First I made it all the way to the cog and the tool to pick it up with. I tried every minute spot on the site to pick up the cog but to no avail. I left the site, even turned off my computer (macos10) over night to no avail. Changed user name and guess what. I got the kitten, gave it to mama but unless mama ate the kitten it is no where to be seen. Now what? I'll wait for some kind of answer that is a cure, or, could I have me money back?

[Post New]by Oldfashioned1 on Mar 14, 15 10:56 PM
I was playing the demo on Windows 7 and it was functioning perfectly until I got to the HOP across the bridge where you throw Victor his sword. Then the screen starts slightly shivering and I can't click on the items or get out of the HOP.

[Post New]by Molly322 on Mar 20, 15 4:44 PM
It is a tech issue. I know I need to get back into the bear's cave to use the MOUNTAIN EMBLEM to get the TAPE but the last time I entered the ice world some character booted me out and that part of the game is now locked and inaccessible. I can't progress in the bonus game without the tape and I cannot get to it because the game has locked out the area I need to access (shows up on the map with chains and locks).

Help!!

Persistent_Cat wrote:The tape is mentioned in the strategy guide. Get the Mountain Emblem from the shop and return to the cave. Insert the mountain emblem into the chest to get the tape.

This will probably get deleted as this thread is for tech issues and the inability to find an item is not a tech issue.

[Post New]by Molly322 on Mar 20, 15 4:46 PM
Hoppity wrote:I'm in the bonus chapter and the mountain scene has dropped off into oblivion. However, I did not yet open the chest with the mountain token. I realize I am now screwed because I can't just replay the bonus chapter. I would have to play the whole game over to restart the bonus chapter. Big game flaw and big disappointment!

Same issue for me as well!

[Post New]by Molly322 on Mar 20, 15 4:47 PM
LarkBea wrote:It's not so much a bug as an ill thought out flaw by design. I'm sure it was done on purpose...closing off that part of the map when other parts were completed. Problem is, without obtaining the tape in that section beforehand, you're hosed. I guess the devs were relying on everyone following the SG. I like to reserve that as a last resort, only if I am really stuck. This game was so enjoyable until I was forced to halt because I hadn't gotten the tape prior to the point where its location is sealed off. Very big design mistake. No area should be inaccessible when there are still items to be obtained in them that are crucial in finishing the game.

Agreed. Same happened to me. I'm stuck and cannot progress in the bonus section. So frustrating to get this far and be thwarted.

Go to: