2015 Valentine Quest Fest

Gquin
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest

[Post New]by Gquin on Feb 9, 15 4:53 PM
My countdown was at 1am and now it is at midnight as well. Maybe they realized there was an error and corrected it????? I can hardly wait for the valentine quests and making sure I get a lot of gold. I got a lot of gold last year, and now that I know the tricks I should be able to really rake it in.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 9, 15 5:48 PM
TiramaSue wrote:.

I will not let this game's idiosyncrasies drive me crazy.
I will not let this game's idiosyncrasies drive me crazy...

<patting hand> it's okay. I just think of it as part of the game; otherwise, I would be screaming bloody murder. ::pleasant smile::

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 9, 15 5:59 PM
Removed - incorrect information

Edited on 02/10/2015 at 5:30:06 PM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 9, 15 6:17 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:First quest 10 Feb 2015

#18 Love Bird Mini-game at Bird Sanctuary in PawPaw Grove - timed quest for 24 (or 23 hours depending on time it is delivered to you).

Is this from our friends that have received the quest, or just from last year's list?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 9, 15 7:14 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:First quest 10 Feb 2015

#18 Love Bird Mini-game at Bird Sanctuary in PawPaw Grove - timed quest for 24 (or 23 hours depending on time it is delivered to you).

I'm on the East Coast of the US and my clock is showing over a day left to go before it starts.

I hope this isn't going to be another Valentine's Day when I show up each day, but one or more quests don't.

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 7:15:03 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 9, 15 7:38 PM
It is the tenth in Australia. Mine shows the same,T - I thought we still had another day to go but I guess not.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 9, 15 9:24 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:It is the tenth in Australia. Mine shows the same,T - I thought we still had another day to go but I guess not.

It's past midnight and my clock is still counting down. I feel like this game is just screaming out "Hate me, go on, hate me."

Seriously, unless somebody has been messing with their system clock, how is the game managing to start Valentine's Day at different times for different people?

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 9, 15 9:25 PM
Did you get a new daily quest at midnight?

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 9, 15 9:43 PM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Did you get a new daily quest at midnight?

Yep. The one where hardware store lady wants me to hand over thread and glue and something else. Not doing it.

pnrr1
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by pnrr1 on Feb 9, 15 11:38 PM
Oddly thank you very much , you are wonderfull as always....it is morning 10:00 in Turkey, (10.02.2015) and valentine days will start 14 hours later... has anyone begin to play valentines ...

ps: i think bigfish time is different from mine, it is 10. february and 10:00 at morning here , but when i post a message to forum it shows 9 february 11:38 ????

also i think ( guess) we will collect the valentine days special items at the buildings in AES museum, because there are lots of mini games at the buildings, for example dinasour display, round of tabele ecx....

Edited on 02/10/2015 at 12:11:19 AM PST

Martha112
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Martha112 on Feb 10, 15 1:14 AM
Alinig wrote:Thanks for keeping us updated Alikatt and Oddly. Brill.

What a great job you guys are doing. 3 cheers to Ali and Oddly!!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Feb 10, 15 2:45 AM
pnrr1 wrote:it is morning 10:00 in Turkey, (10.02.2015) and valentine days will start 14 hours later... has anyone begin to play valentines ...

ps: i think bigfish time is different from mine, it is 10. february and 10:00 at morning here , but when i post a message to forum it shows 9 february 11:38 ????

also i think ( guess) we will collect the valentine days special items at the buildings in AES museum, because there are lots of mini games at the buildings, for example dinasour display, round of tabele ecx....

Quite right about the time - Big Fish Time is Seattle WA. It actually is the one thing that we can all touch base with and some times that is handy. I am not so good on figuring out time differences.

There is some sort of disconnect with when it is appearing - mine too is counting down to the first one too. We will get it worked out in two shakes of a lamb's tail. And if we know a full day head instead of hours, then it will give a little extra time if someone needs to get something (however, energy and not closing off the quests were the keys last year).

There are to be two new quests - so it is anyone's guess what those might be!

Edited on 02/10/2015 at 3:07:13 AM PST

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 10, 15 4:42 AM
As far as the game time goes, it is always related to the time zone in which we are situated. So it will always be midnight, wherever you are. (although sometimes they have had the Daily Quest pop up at 1.00am for some reason) Of course, this means that other people will be ahead or behind us in "real" time, but this does not make any difference for our own playing of the game.

But yes, the Forum time is confusing because that is BigFish local time so I have given up trying to work out how it relates to UK time (GMT). I am never too sure how promptly I am replying to other people's posts!!

Edited on 02/10/2015 at 4:43:40 AM PST

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Feb 10, 15 5:21 AM
Looks like my v-day is not going to start until the 11th.

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Feb 10, 15 5:33 AM
Just trying out my time...
No, seriously: thanks for all the help here, you're all wonderful !!

Edit: 14.34 a.m here.... so my Valentines will start later *sigh*

Edited on 02/10/2015 at 5:35:15 AM PST

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 10, 15 6:06 AM
wulfruna wrote:As far as the game time goes, it is always related to the time zone in which we are situated. So it will always be midnight, wherever you are. (although sometimes they have had the Daily Quest pop up at 1.00am for some reason) Of course, this means that other people will be ahead or behind us in "real" time, but this does not make any difference for our own playing of the game.

But yes, the Forum time is confusing because that is BigFish local time so I have given up trying to work out how it relates to UK time (GMT). I am never too sure how promptly I am replying to other people's posts!!

I think you're not understanding the problem. Some people are reporting that they got their first V Day quest at midnight Feb 10 their local time, while for many of us midnight Feb 10 local time has come and gone and our clocks are still counting down to midnight Feb 11.

mdd53
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

Re:2015 Valentine Quest Fest Just curious

[Post New]by mdd53 on Feb 10, 15 9:25 AM
Does anyone know from last year how long the entire event was active? Did it run until the Easter update which was when I started or any other information?

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 10, 15 11:14 AM
TiramaSue wrote:
wulfruna wrote:As far as the game time goes, it is always related to the time zone in which we are situated. So it will always be midnight, wherever you are. (although sometimes they have had the Daily Quest pop up at 1.00am for some reason) Of course, this means that other people will be ahead or behind us in "real" time, but this does not make any difference for our own playing of the game.

I think you're not understanding the problem. Some people are reporting that they got their first V Day quest at midnight Feb 10 their local time, while for many of us midnight Feb 10 local time has come and gone and our clocks are still counting down to midnight Feb 11.
I think you may have misunderstood my point - that we are all on the same time scale for the arrival of the event.
Indeed, I can't find anyone here who is actually saying that they already received a VDay quest by the morning of the 10th - if so, then what is it??? As far as I can tell, we all have it counting down to midnight on the night of the 10th (still to come tonight) - i.e. by the time it arrives it will be 00.01am on the 11th.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 10, 15 11:22 AM
wulfruna wrote:

I think you may have misunderstood my point - that we are all on the same time scale for the arrival of the event.
Indeed, I can't find anyone here who is actually saying that they already received a VDay quest by the morning of the 10th - if so, then what is it??? As far as I can tell, we all have it counting down to midnight on the night of the 10th (still to come tonight) - i.e. by the time it arrives it will be 00.01am on the 11th.

But we're NOT all on the same time scale for the event.

Somebody in Australia told Oddly that he/she had received the first quest at 12:01 am Feb 10. The quest was to play Bird Watching 18 resources mini game to obtain the Week by Week collectible.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on Feb 10, 15 12:01 PM
Well, I saw that post and the query that followed it, and noted the reference to Australia - but there was no first-hand confirmation of that from anyone with the actual quest. I trust Oddly, but the post was not very clear and did not say exactly that it had arrived precisely at 12.01 on the 10th. .
Allowing for the time zones, of course Australia is about 11 hours ahead the UK, and therefore about 16 hours ahead of US EST. So yes, midnight at the end of the 10th in Australia (i.e.the start of the 11th) is still early morning on the 10th in the US so leaves almost a day difference in "real time". All very confusing!
It is parallel with the pattern of following New Year celebrations around the world which always start with the fireworks on Sydney Harbour bridge!!
I wonder what time it is in Singapore....??
I only have 4 hours to wait now, but am not sure if i will be awake at midnight to put a post up of what I get....!

Go to: