WPE - Hardy Boys

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

Re:WPE - Hardy Boys

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 27, 09 10:21 AM
Gentlsong wrote:
TeresaRollen wrote:I thought this Hardy Boys game would be more of an adventure like the Nancy Drew games, but you all sound like it is more of a HO game. Is that correct? I bought the game at a store when it first come out, but haven't tried to play it yet.

I don't think this one is the same one being sold in stores. I THINK I read that this one was made specifically for casual gaming sites. Not sure where I saw that or even IF I'm completely right about it. If I DID see it, it was probably on Gamezebo.

Thank you for that info. I will have to find my game and see what the name of it is.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on May 27, 09 10:27 AM
Hi Teresa, I looked on Amazon and it has a picture of it. I think it says hidden objects there too. Like the last Nancy Drew, a bunch of adventure fans only will be upset when they think they got another adventure. I learned from last time and started googling it to make sure what it was when Mudrock said it was coming this week.

I downloaded it to try it, but I don't have much hope considering the reviews here.

giggyann
Catfish
Catfish
1,721 Posts

[Post New]by giggyann on May 27, 09 10:27 AM
This game stinks!! I lasted 1 minute. Could they have made the list of things to find any smaller????? Tiny!
giggyann

TeresaRollen
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,896 Posts

[Post New]by TeresaRollen on May 27, 09 10:28 AM
I don't think this one is the same one being sold in stores. I THINK I read that this one was made specifically for casual gaming sites. Not sure where I saw that or even IF I'm completely right about it. If I DID see it, it was probably on Gamezebo.

Yes, I just checked my game and it is called The Hidden Theft. Will have to try this one even though most of you don't seem to like it too much.

chick52
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by chick52 on May 27, 09 10:29 AM
I have to agreealso about the game. Its not my cup of tea im afraid. I played about 10 minutes and
when I came to where you have to join up the wires, that was it for me.I hate those puzzles, and I couldn't
find a skip button, so in the bin it goes.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on May 27, 09 10:35 AM
Yeah, the Hidden Theft is an adventure game and I played it last fall. It is like Nancy Drew and not a real good one, but decent. Amazon has the Perfect Crime one too, due out June 16th and it is the one here. If you didn't know and had bought the first one, you would assume it was adventure too. Here, of course, we know, BFG is great about informing us. It looks like not so much info on Amazon, etc.

mahbah55
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,025 Posts

[Post New]by mahbah55 on May 27, 09 11:22 AM
I was looking forward to this game, but now I'm just disappointed!

The noise when you find an object is obnoxious. Had turn the sound off immediately.
The timer never moved off of 12:00, even though I didn't choose a 'relaxed' mode.
Goofy dialog.
Fuzzy graphics.

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on May 27, 09 11:41 AM
mahbah55 wrote:I was looking forward to this game, but now I'm just disappointed!

The noise when you find an object is obnoxious. Had turn the sound off immediately.
The timer never moved off of 12:00, even though I didn't choose a 'relaxed' mode.
Goofy dialog.
Fuzzy graphics.

I agree with you!

Small items
What's up with the conversation blocks scrolling up the screen???
Annoying music, turned that off real quick

Just tried it, uninstalled real quick

Rose427
Stingray
Stingray
4,519 Posts

[Post New]by Rose427 on May 27, 09 11:44 AM
This one is an HO game, there is another made by the Adventure Company that is an Adventure game, I would assume the one you bought is an Adventure Game, does it have Jesse McCartney as one of the voice actors, because I would think they would state that on the game somewhere.

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on May 27, 09 11:53 AM
Tried this game but only lasted a couple of minutes. Having to bear the dialogue was enough for me, objects too indistinct, nothing really to hold my interest. Very disappointed.

tcup160
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by tcup160 on May 27, 09 7:16 PM
This game could be a good one but I agree with everyone else. The objects are too small, I can't see them. The grammer is awful--this tells me that the people who developed this game barely speak English.
There is nothing to recommend that one should purchase this game.
Who tests these games? They should be fired.

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on May 27, 09 8:17 PM
Disappointed in this one for all the reasons already stated - thank goodness we get to try first! Will try the other 2 world premiers tomorrow - nite all!

GeeBee
Narwhal
Narwhal
32,109 Posts

[Post New]by GeeBee on May 27, 09 8:57 PM
I was so disappointed in the Hardy Boys....It could have been a really good game, but the items were so small, the graphics were grainy, scenes were dark and I didn't like the way they had the dialect between the characters set up.

I was truly hoping for a good game, but it's a NO for me too.

Aka21
Flounder
Flounder
2,025 Posts

[Post New]by Aka21 on May 28, 09 3:45 PM
I lasted 10 minutes with this game. I agree with the negative reviews of the other posters. Deleted.

Rocknchick
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,042 Posts

[Post New]by Rocknchick on May 28, 09 7:25 PM
I too thought this would be like Nancy Drew, but with the Hardy Boys instead. Um, not even close! This game was really bad. I like HOGs and puzzle games, but this one - . I was pretty disappointed as well. The graphics were horrible, the incessant talking b/w characters was irritating, and the puzzles were easy and boring. So note to anyone wondering - DON'T BOTHER!!!!!

GinaBean
Manatee
Manatee
4,361 Posts

[Post New]by GinaBean on May 28, 09 8:08 PM
This game SO deserves to be shot out of the 's blowhole!

Rocknchick
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,042 Posts

[Post New]by Rocknchick on May 28, 09 8:12 PM
HA! That's hilarious GinaBean!!!

bfgCelebes
Flounder
Flounder
2,038 Posts

[Post New]by bfgCelebes on May 29, 09 11:24 AM
Hey all,

The Hardy Boys - The Perfect Crime now has its own forum so I've gone ahead and moved this thread.

Cheers!

~~~bfgCelebes~ ~~~

lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by lynnie11 on May 30, 09 12:17 PM
This was a very bad game. Indiscriminate clicking to find objects that look nothing like they should is not my idea of fun. Usually couldn't even catch the hints as they were too hard to see. I expected a lot more from a game "with a name" - I'm sure they paid a lot to use.

Go to: