THANK YOU! SO BEAUTIFUL!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:THANK YOU! SO BEAUTIFUL!

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 17, 15 6:26 AM
Hard to believe you are unaware of this problem that many of us have had (first reported 15-16 months ago). It's been posted by a lot of us repeatedly, and been acknowledged by the moderators so I'll briefly say that there are 2-6 collections where the items are unavailable, and even though we know where they are supposed to appear ---- they do not. "Ominous trophies" and the one about the witches place are the 2 for me, while others have trouble with the items in "blood and sand" and others. It's very annoying not to be able to complete the collections so as to finish the achievements. It would cost over 1,000 diamonds to get all the collections necessary for the achievements for "Ominous", for example.
It's been written about so much it would be redundant to list the individual items yet again.
So until they fix the game completely (would be very easy to throw in the missing items in the new updates), I have no more real money to spend on the game or gushy thanks and kudos for the devs. The updates are nice, but the game is still not completely right for many ---- and enough time has gone by for the problem to have been taken of.

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Feb 17, 15 11:06 AM
Yep, I still cannot craft March of Legions nor Blood and Sand.

One day perhaps

[Post New]by Night_Player_zz on Feb 17, 15 8:45 PM
Anglesey
I have crafted March of Legions 29 times. Three times I bought the Legionary Sandals, several times friends sent them to me, but most of the times I earned them through the HOS. All the other items were relatively easy for me to obtain.

Blood and Sand I don't like to use my multitool for that one, but I have crafted it nine times without buying anything or getting any item from friends. In fact, I have given others some of the ring (the Gesture of Fate), which seems to be the hardest for most to find based on the quests I see from or my friends).

Ominous Trophies I've had a bit of trouble with but only because I gave away most of my Emeralds to others because I hadn't planned to work on that collection. Well, now that I am focusing on completing the Accomplishments, I find I can't obtain emeralds so my friends are helping me out now. However, with enough play time on the Swamp House, I do occasionally earn one.

I also have read that some have different collection items that are hard for them to find, while I find easily. Depends in part on how often you play, how many times you do the HOS that gives the items you need, and whether you use the appropriate amulet and avatar to help balance the odds more in your favor for those hard to find items.

Edited on 02/17/2015 at 8:46:12 PM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 18, 15 12:03 AM
I also have read that some have different collection items that are hard for them to find, while I find easily. Depends in part on how often you play, how many times you do the HOS that gives the items you need, and whether you use the appropriate amulet and avatar to help balance the odds more in your favor for those hard to find items.

If the items are "you don't know where to find this item ---- you need to increase your mastership" and blah, blah, blah ---- then no amulet, avatar, how many times you do the HOS, how often you play, or anything else is going to change the fact that the item is simply not going to appear because it is a glitch in the game for many players that, as has been repeatedly pointed out, was first reported 16 months ago, acknowledged as being a glitch by BF, and still remains unaddressed by the devs. Simple as that. I would think the developer/tester in you that you spoke of with Brunutis would tell you that.

Edited on 02/18/2015 at 1:50:46 AM PST

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Feb 18, 15 12:37 AM
Night_Player we have had this conversation before. I am unable to craft the collections. Precisely for the reason cited by cbtx.

It would cost me 40 diamonds to craft March of Legions as four of the five items are "you don't know where to find.." Which also means Friends can't gift the missing item to me.

I am sensei on everything on the second island except the Reef and Swamp Hut. So it isn't a problem of levels. It's a glitch.

It appears to affect only certain "old timers".

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Feb 18, 15 1:34 AM
Anglesey wrote:Night_Player we have had this conversation before. I am unable to craft the collections. Precisely for the reason cited by cbtx.

It would cost me 40 diamonds to craft March of Legions as four of the five items are "you don't know where to find.." Which also means Friends can't gift the missing item to me.

I am sensei on everything on the second island except the Reef and Swamp Hut. So it isn't a problem of levels. It's a glitch.

It appears to affect only certain "old timers".

And 40 diamonds 40 times (to finish the achievements) is 1600 diamonds ---- not even to be considered.
And, as Anglesey correctly states, it has nothing to do with levels. I'm sensei everywhere on the first 2 islands, and 3 locations on the 3rd island, and overall at level 307. I think that's enough for items that were introduced over a year ago to have shown up. And the devs have indicated to the mods that the problem occurred after an update to many that were further along in the game than others.

I think it's ill advised to offer information as fact that is incorrect, poorly researched, or just plain inaccurate ---- that actually hinders players rather than helps.

coral_sea
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by coral_sea on Feb 18, 15 6:15 AM
Yup, it is a glitch. I am one of those "old timers" sad to say.

cat52
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by cat52 on Feb 18, 15 7:16 AM
If you were addressing me, I'm sorry, I did not mean to say I was unaware, I said "I know I've seen your lament before but don't recall which ones you were having trouble with." I don't visit the forum much anymore, you see.

Seems the problem is with that unwarranted "unable to find" message. I don't get that message on the items that were mentioned. And I've been playing since the game was introduced, although I'm nowhere near as far along as you.

While I respect the opinions of the glitched and sympathize with the frustration, I hope you respect my position as well, which is that of a gamer happy with the product.

Maybe some of the money I spend will buy five minutes overtime for a developer and he or she will find that bug

Anglesey
Minnow
Minnow
260 Posts

[Post New]by Anglesey on Feb 19, 15 12:41 AM
Maybe some of the money I spend will buy five minutes overtime for a developer and he or she will find that bug

Oh let's hope so, cat52!

(I don't think cbtx was addressing you by the way)

Yes, many long time players were not affected by this. It probably should be referred to as a bug as it is not intermittent, but ongoing.

It's annoying, but doesn't ruin my enjoyment of Found.

mjouer
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mjouer on Mar 5, 15 3:38 PM
I agree with you: this is a beautiful new upgrade. The only disapointment : they did not fix the problem of the missing items in some collections. I don't want to start over, I am at a 350 level. I put a lot of time and money in this game and I still love it.
I wish the next upgrade will definitely fix things.
Please recall Elephant games about this problem.

Go to: