Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edgar Allan Poe's The Mystery of Marie Roget CE here.

[Post New]by shannegan on Feb 21, 15 8:00 AM
Has anyone else become stuck in the bedroom on the arrow in the curtain? Cannot get past this and have tried everything......

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Edgar Allan Poe's The Mystery of Marie Roget CE here.

[Post New]by molla311 on Feb 21, 15 8:28 AM
The demo ran fine but have the problem with the close up rings. Dont see anything.
This have happend to many in ERS games. To me some works and some dont.

Was there a solution for this anyone?

Windows 7 home premium

Edited on 02/21/2015 at 8:29:12 AM PST

[Post New]by nanaconnie on Feb 21, 15 8:31 AM
Played the demo and loved it! Downloaded the game and when the game starts loading my screen is flickering vertically (envision the old tvs with the vertical lines) and the curser moves on its own. Had to con/alt/del to shut the game down. I uninstalled, reinstalled-still happening. Anyone else have this problem? I am using win 8.1
Thanks for any info

[Post New]by inga0422 on Feb 21, 15 8:59 AM
Hi, I have a runtime problem at the gear game. I deleted the game and reinstalled 2 times, it still isn't working. If you please could help, thank you.

I have windows 8.1

Edited on 02/25/2015 at 5:58:40 PM PST

[Post New]by sylvia9999 on Feb 21, 15 9:08 AM
inga0422 wrote:Hi, I have a runtime problem at the gear game. I deleted the game and reinstalled 2 times, it still isn't working. If you please could help, thank you.

I ran into this problem playing the demo. I have Windows 8.1

[Post New]by Lyndis26 on Feb 21, 15 9:52 AM
I am on a MAC OS X Yosemite
I play via Game manager

I am on Chapter 2 - Madam Roget's Will and I am unable to place the safe dial on the magic mirror. The dial is in my inventory with a green tick against it, I can pick it up but the drop will not register.

j62janet
Clownfish
Clownfish
638 Posts

[Post New]by j62janet on Feb 21, 15 10:08 AM
The trouble is swedane when you buy a game and one after the other play up, it makes you really angry, I know I've been there way to many times, we should be able to buy a game, and be able to play it with no problem what so ever, but lately, that's not been the case, so I can fully understand why tommya1947 has got so angry.

When I first got this game, it played really well, I just started playing it again, and now it has started dropping out, back to my desk top, which is really p*****g me off, I hope this isn't going to keep happening.

BFG will you please make sure that all your games run trouble free, it's all very well having customer service, and them trouble shooting, but when I first became a member, I didn't need them, now we do, far to flaming much
And there's nothing wrong with my laptop
I use windows 8.1 64 bit and Google Chrome

mado_109
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by mado_109 on Feb 21, 15 10:33 AM
I'm also getting the message runtime error - but I'm further into the game almost to the end - and it's annoying - need to go the map to go back to bakery and that's when it happens - anybody have a solution? I'm running on a PC windows 7

didersham
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
409 Posts

[Post New]by didersham on Feb 21, 15 10:39 AM
It is funny how one game with using windows 7 will have no problems, but windows 8.1 will have problems and vice versa with other games. I hope I have no problems, because I purchased the game and I am using windows 7. I guess I will find out!

[Post New]by Froggie2015 on Feb 21, 15 10:44 AM
Myjoe wrote:Hi
WIndows 8.1 on pc and the mouse issue is driving me crazy. Unfortunately I bought the game, but the problem still exists. I have changed it to the normal cursor but it is unresponsive and very slow. Worse when trying to do puzzles (so much so, I had to skip some!).

Have you had any response on this? Im having the same issue, driving me bonkers!

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Feb 21, 15 1:32 PM
I'm using a PC with Windows 8.1.

I've never had any of the errors others are mentioning BUT I frequently get a frozen screen & have to con/alt/del & restart. This happened 4 times with this game. It's most annoying as you have to replay the scene over again after restarting. I don't know what causes them but you'd think that the devs/BFG would work out the bugs/defects in the games before putting them on the market.

I know that I certainly would not like my name associated with such poor quality merchandise. What gets me is that no one seems to care about quality & that customers are continually complaining because they just keep on putting out defective, low quality merchandise.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Feb 21, 15 1:48 PM
miss_marigold11 wrote:reply to BlueJen
Yes, I have the same problem. The cursor will highlight the number 1 but ignores my clicking on any other digit. I tried leaving the game and and returning but it was still unresponsive. I think I will uninstall and reinstall and see if that corrects the problem. A shame to have problems so early in the demo. I hope it is not an indication of the remainder of the game.
I also wondered why use the French spelling and English pronunciation. Kind of silly and unnecessary. I don't remember them doing that in previous endeavors. Oh well seems like all developers are getting hap-hazard or just plain lazy lately.

Same problem as above. Playing on a Mac OS 10.9.5. Is there a fix for this problem?

Edited on 02/22/2015 at 12:58:39 PM PST

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Feb 21, 15 1:49 PM
Same problem. Playing on a Mac 10.9.5 OS

Edited on 02/21/2015 at 3:11:55 PM PST

fencer12
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by fencer12 on Feb 21, 15 5:15 PM
And we just keep on buying and buying and buying,where is the bloody union when you need them

Myjoe
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Myjoe on Feb 21, 15 5:46 PM
Just tried to play it again and the cursor problem seems to be getting worse. Any suggestions what to do. It is sticking more now and I have to click on things a couple of times to get any response.

Would really appreciate some help.
Many thanks

[Post New]by TexasPebbles on Feb 21, 15 7:22 PM
PC - Windows 8.1 Dell

Downloaded and played the demo - no problems.

Bought the game, downloaded it, started playing and it froze. did a hard boot, attempted to play again and it froze, again.

Uninstalled, reinstalled, made new profile as I got a message that the first one was corrupt. Still froze. Kind of frustrated at this point.

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Feb 21, 15 10:23 PM
swedane wrote:
tommya1947 wrote:WHAT THE HELL IS UP B.F.G.???????
THIRD GAME IN A ROW WITH PROBLEMS. THIS PIECE OF CRUD WONT EVEN PLAY THE MOUSE IS LAZY AND UN RESPONSIVE.....
PLEASE !!!!!! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!!!!!

NOW!

If you wish others to help you, I suggest you choose a different language and stop shouting!

Thank you, swedane.
I know from experience that my "old" computer often had problems with some games(lazy, unresponsive mouse being a common problem) because it just didn't have enough juice.
tommya1947, when I experienced game play difficulties, I found the BFG tech support team quick to respond to an email inquiry, with suggestions on solutions to my problems or if none worked, a quick refund on my purchase price. If you have purchased this game, I suggest you contact them for a solution or a refund.
I also suggest you keep a civil tongue in your head when you do so and remember that they are NOT personally responsible for the problems you're experiencing, they are the solution.

Vivian7
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Vivian7 on Feb 22, 15 6:54 AM
For days I cannot access any of my purchase history games that I bought. I can download all of the free stuff play for an hour but when I go to buy I can buy but wont download. What is up. I have looked to see that my credit card is up to date and it is. Also put in a new one also looked on another computer same error message.1404. I have posted this question to other avenues but nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated. V P S I have all of the latest software and am on a PC Windows 8

annabelle05
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by annabelle05 on Feb 22, 15 8:03 AM
New Dell computer with Windows 8.1 and 64 bit.

And I have exactly the same problem as TexasPebbles and I'm getting so frustrated. I haven't gotten past the first chapter yet and my computer freezes. If I'm lucky, I can just Ctrl+Alt+Del and resume playing for another few minutes but what has happened three times now is that I get a message saying something like, unable to save, file corrupt, please start with new profile. If I didn't like this game so darned much, I have all the other Edgar Allen Poe games, I'd just give up. But I'm determined. If I remember correctly, this happened before with another game but after I got past a certain point, it stopped freezing. That's what I'm hoping for here and why I keep playing. Also, I wonder if Windows 8.1 isn't contributing to the problem here.

marymaltese
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by marymaltese on Feb 22, 15 9:40 AM
My problem is that when I want to use the magic mirror and then click on the inventory with the 'green check' it semi fades and can't pick it up AND then get an error code and game stops working - So sorry I purchased this nightmare!!

Go to: