lynnie11
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Lost Secrets ... Caribbean Explorer

[Post New]by lynnie11 on Jun 3, 09 11:34 AM
I agree with everyone else - one really bad game! But this is the second "really bad game" in a few days. Hardy Boys I think was worse than this one. Come on, BFG, we know you must have some good stuff coming to make up for these two flubs!

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jun 3, 09 12:00 PM
I agree heartily. The last several games have been terrible, like Hardy Boys and the Yard Sale Game--yuck. So, thanks for the heads up. Can anyone recommend favorite games from the past that some of us may not have bought before?

It's a dry well here lately.

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Jun 3, 09 12:21 PM
I agree. Really difficult to find items in Lost Secrets Caribbean Explorer.
Sheilafaye..... An "older" game I found to be fun was, "Hidden Secrets the Nightmare".
Hope you find some games you like soon.

sheilafaye
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by sheilafaye on Jun 3, 09 4:45 PM
Thanks for the tip grammyapple. I'll check it out.

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jun 4, 09 10:14 AM
thank goodness I am not the only one. my biggest complaint was the multiple clicks needed to clear an item. I thought I had the "bread" but when I looked again it was still there and I was right. very much "let's get the game to market" hated it.

pnk96722
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by pnk96722 on Jun 4, 09 2:00 PM
Just wanted to say I agree with the majority here. Does anyone at BFG play these games before they offer them to all us little fishies?

I think the last game I really enjoyed was Sherlock Holmes: The Awakened. Yes, I know it's a different kind of game but I loved it!

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 5, 09 11:20 AM
thought the game was ok.played the demo.did not like the music. i just turned down the volume.have not decided to buy or not.waiting for a new game to come out.this new game of the day game. is not the same anymore.liked the way it was.hope we get more good games soon.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 6, 09 8:07 AM
I agree. This game is of very poor quality. Items hard to find, graphics poor, and when you click on a correct object it takes forever to respond. Sorry to see it was on the "exclusive" list.

sherrilafkas
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by sherrilafkas on Jun 9, 09 7:18 AM
Everyone is correct. This game is the worst. Used a hint and then hit that object and it would not work. Hmmmmm! New Nancy Drew game coming soon. Let's hope BFG gets a hold of that one. Haven't found a good game on BFG since the new Treasure Seekers and that was too short.

hogamefan
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by hogamefan on Jun 9, 09 2:54 PM
Ok, sorry BFG, but when I'm not impressed with a game, I delete the demo and file it in my 'not for me' section of my brain. I usually resist the temptation to express my opinion as not everyone has the same likes and dislikes. However, I really feel strongly about this one, so I'm going to add my opinion to the forum. Firstly, the graphics were poor - blurred and a lot of items obscure. Secondly, as there was no penalty for random clicking, I found myself just clicking on anything without even checking the list for the required items. The mini games were way too boring, and without any penalty for skipping them. I found the 'spot the difference' ones especially tedious, as there wasn't (at least I couldn't see it) any indication of how many differences there were to find. Again, much random clicking occurred, without any sense of achievement when I found them. I understand that in the present climate, games like Return to Ravenhurst are going to be fewer and farther between, but please don't try to get us to spend our money on this sort of rubbish. We gamers are more discerning than that. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

[Post New]by blackcatgirl on Jun 10, 09 2:14 PM
Well I cant even get past the "enter your name" screen... It wont let me type anything nor continue nor cancel. Simply hangs,
Dreadful

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Jul 13, 09 4:20 PM
I have to agree... the game isn't even worth doing the trial. I slugged my way through half of the trial time and it was so boring that I quit and uninstalled the thing. Not only are the graphics bad, but the music is enough to drive you crazy... for each picture it's the same short tune playing over and over and over.... horrible!!! Also, the items are often hidden OFF THE PICTURE entirely. I used 2 hints on one picture and both of the items were so far off to the side that they weren't visible at all. Also the items you have to find are faded and/or fuzzy so it is often impossible to tell what that blob is. I began to just click on everything to find items... hardly the object of a true hidden object game. No penalty for doing this or for skipping the extra games either. Plus the games in between are stupid, to say the least. The story would have been interesting to play to the end if it wasn't that playing was so horrible. Truly one of the worst games I've ever played... and I have played a LOT of games!

vibtek
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by vibtek on Sep 15, 09 7:45 PM
What is wrong? don't you like being a pirate? Ther are so many things to catagory. That is why that there are more things in number than there is in the screen. They give you a puzzle to make up for it. I agree it seems a little cheesy but it is fun.

[Post New]by daisy91 on Feb 4, 10 12:14 PM
i agree with everyone - this game is all the bad everyone says it is. unfortunately, i purchased it without checking it out in the forum.
but, big fish was extremely generous and understanding and gave me a free coupon to use to purchase another game.
thanks big fish and thank you everyone who gave a review - i will check out the forum everytime from now on.

Go to: