Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re: Oil Can for Latoya's Cash Register

[Post New]by Bluex on May 21, 15 11:40 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote: As an aside, I have not been fin slapped since March 3. I must be doing something wrong.

Well mine was on the 18th of that month and god knows I have tried to keep it in line since. Too old, too sick and a lil too ornery to be fin slapped, got marks on my face from the oxygen mask as is!

that quest issue with the building upgrade for the animal pound has me perplexed! I just did that and darn it, I can see it as it happened to me, I suppose it will come to me eventually. That building had the most upgrade quests of them all. Something is not right. Well see what she says.

wulfruna
Flounder
Flounder
2,249 Posts

[Post New]by wulfruna on May 21, 15 3:42 PM
hop0409 wrote:I just played the junkyard three times and then went into the candy shop to see if the oil can was there and it wasn't

On a completely separate note, but perhaps related, I have a quest to customize the animal lodge. It said the lodge had to be level 5 before you can do that. I upgraded to level 5, and it's a level 5 now, but I'm still getting the message that it can't be customized until it's a level 5.

If you have these two problems, then I am afraid you have to accept that you are not going to get any further with the game and will have to start again. These are known glitches that sometimes happen and lots of us have suffered from it. It sounds as if the oilcan is lost for ever if you can't find it at all. And the glitch with the buildings to level 5 has also hit a few people - we are not quite sure what causes it, and the Tech people have not found a solution. I had this same problem myself with a couple of my buildings - and I also had a locked miniscene for which the needed item was lost.
But I just went and started a new game all over again - as quite a few other people have done in similar circumstances. It is actually quite fun doing it over again from scratch, especially as you now know the tricks and skills to make the most of it. Above all, you learn the lesson of opening those mini-scenes - that you make sure you collect the object from the place you are sent to in the quest and then GO STRAIGHT TO THE LOCATION WHERE IT IS NEEDED AND USE IT IMMEDIATELY! We find that this really does work and that there are no reports of objects not appearing if you do this straight away.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 21, 15 5:00 PM
Oddly I got you beat now for a change!... seems they made their usual 10 day rounds, bunk and contraband check,and I got fin slapped!!! deleted by moderator and a double across the cheek in Z formation oxygen mask on the floor slap! BAM! hummp there it is!
..lol still beatcha!!lol Good grief they took my dang cane too!

Edited on 05/21/2015 at 5:01:28 PM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 21, 15 5:35 PM
Heh. But then I knew you were special <chuckling>

hop0409
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by hop0409 on May 23, 15 7:16 PM
Thanks for the help everyone, I hate to start over since I've got quite the little boom in the auction department, but I guess with all these issues I might have to. Appreciate all the advice!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on May 24, 15 4:57 AM
If you are thinking about starting over.... see if one of your in-game friends will help transfer assets. Sell them all of the good stuff, with whatever gold you have buy Blue and White plates, the London Bridge picture, and the Korean Service medals and sell those to your friend or keeping 3 of each for yourself and liquidate the rest.

While doing this, use your resources up, playing the mini-games for the more rares for the completion of collections on new game. You know the ones... Mad Boy, Strong Man, Young Turk etc... Particularly, the platinum collections for building supplies. Also sell those to friend. Once you have everything liquidated - Might have to do it in between too if coins are limited for you or your friend - have them buy a relatively cheap item (I use Grand Canyons for this).

You will be gold poor but should be able to rebound on new game fairly quickly. With the ability to rebuild and buy lots of food and keepsakes your will be in the gold again.

With whomever you transfer to, be sure you nail down all you have transferred coin and goods and agree on terms of doing so. This is going to take doing and perhaps one of the truly rares will be payment enough or 10% of the total, or whatever else is agreed to. Second time through is not nearly confusing and mistakes made can be avoided (Primarily the not playing Found and Use -quests for opening mini-scenes- in one fell swoop).

UPDATE to the above information:
See next page for details on how to restart game which enables keeping coins, gold and collectibles.

OR http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/538871.page

Edited on 10/14/2015 at 5:11:09 AM PST

hop0409
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by hop0409 on May 24, 15 1:44 PM
Ha ha..good advice! Thanks!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on May 24, 15 2:31 PM
Hop also use a few more tricks. As when you first start you wont be able to right away do the auction. that comes with building up the auction house to level two I believe and also the building next to it so you can communicate with your auction friend. Feel your way around and see what you can do to open up WV the firehouse. That will really up your Xp levels and get you 3 bars of gold bars easily and up your energy. Pizza place is also a must to build up as you will need lots of clams, then pizzas and mac and cheese. Minigames will pop open quickly the higher levels you go. try to keep porcelain repair open so you can get the first couple of games there as they will give you paint until you can open the auction to retrieve your goodies.
So go for the platinum objects first as Our Oddly mentioned cause those areas to gather them will be closed till much much later in the game and you will be starving for the basics. Wood, bricks, paint.. You will need I would say about 400 or so of each initially to build the whole lot.
Now be careful of the danger zones! As you saw its easy to loose a tool. So Double check if the area you will be using it is open and then use it immediately if so. About level 27 you will be quested to get gloves for autie margaret DONT DO IT. Dont go near South Dakota. Just go to the next quest and leave it undone till you can open Atlanta. It opens by itself level 32 or use the gold.. Remember all quests must be done and never skipped with gold. Quests can be held in in perpetuity but doing that prevents other quests from popping up. For example, you will get a quest to get the Victorian tea pot. Once you do the quest you will never see that teapot again. But if you do the quest but hit next instead of done or X out , you will continue for as long as you want. be able to go into that scene and pick up the Vic pot. (them babies will fetch $85,000 coins and up at the auction. that is with everything you get a quest for....Just remember it will delay or hold up other quests by doing that. Good luck and enjoy the new start, Please feel free to come back and ask for any help you might need.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Oct 12, 15 4:23 PM
Ok afer my issue with this, reaching level 32 with no change AND the contents of this thread; I see I have no choice.

GOING OUT OF BUSINESS SALE!!

Friend code is 1993 1500
Name is Erzabet

I'm going to put everything up for auction and reinstall. Start over.

All my quests are piling up at LaToya's register, too and I've even unlocked Great Aunt's house. I'm passed the white gloves and still no oil no matter how many tmes I play Missouri Junkyard.

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 4:25:06 PM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 12, 15 4:49 PM
Disgruntled I see you are still well disgruntled. Things have changed since this post and you don't need to sell all your goods...It's amazing you found this thread but not the one a few days old that shows exactly how to avoid this very thing and do a restart.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/541852.page

Edited on 10/12/2015 at 4:52:02 PM PST

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Oct 12, 15 4:54 PM
What page? I went through abbout 11 and then jumped to July (looking for my old thread when I posted this problem).

Ahhh I did indeed purge a lot of things but I'm sure a lot of people are happy. I stopped because of hand cramps.

Tell me again, pleassssssssssseeeeeeeee since I'm apparently blind. I'd rather not start over.

[Post New]by disgruntled_girl on Oct 12, 15 4:56 PM
Was it this>?

I restarted my game yesterday with the restart button (under the gear in top right hand corner, then settings and then the green button that says NEW GAME –OE), but before doing that, I shut off my internet connection. Result: I kept all my gold, coins and collectibles, but the inventory was empty (meaning I lost food, mini game resources, stars, keepsakes). I don't know if this will work every time somebody does it, but it seems to be the best result ever achieved in restarting a game, so I suppose it would be worthwhile to try it.

P.S. the friends stay anyway, also the antique rating points. But you have to do all the achievements again (which I think is good, as you also get the rewards again...)

Argh I fudged the quote..

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 12, 15 5:01 PM
Read up. I added the link... Starting over is not a bad thing. You are not that far into the game itself so you can level up to where you are now properly in well lets see if it took you this long to get from there ANOTHER 6 MONTHS maybe? teasing ya. actually if you get the molasses outcher well... You can do it in as few as a good 10 game hours maybe. Smarter and better.. Its a good thing.. Just remember this. the game is glitchy with this part.. READ the quests. If it sends you somewhere to find a tool(anything) to open a scene. If you can't do both the getting and the using. Leave it for another day..They must be done at the same time without leaving the game. Or you will again lose what ever it is you got in the first place. Hey I'm with ya.. It just is what it is..Don't be a stranger and keep in touch BEFORE you get in trouble. Most of us are old and have no life outside of cutting coupons for Depends and complaining about the prices in the auction. We might be able to help ya.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 12, 15 5:34 PM
Dis.... it is the instructions on how to restart your game and keep the coin, gold and collectibles; as explained in the thread. ADHD?

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 12, 15 6:13 PM
Oddly, I will be gone for three weeks soon as Im going on that dang cruise and trip. I will leave you some of my oxygen tanks, my Prozac, prescription for oxycontin and my inhaler, my still to know what they do lil yellow pills(thats's an unknown , unknown) and the expensive pinks ones they are afraid to tell me what they are for, although if you grind them up and put em in your hot tea, Girl, ain't a care in the world then.(that's a known known) And all the patience I can leave behind. Oh and I got a secret stash of these retro white ones for emergencies.
You got free roam of the house. Liquor cabinet is full as I made a run to the PX. Oh and you gotta take care of Lucky. He is due to have his "bidness" clipped. His dry food in the pantry and I have a whole pot of Blues Vittles in the outside fridge. Wear one of my masks when you ladle that stuff up. Might make you a little green if you sniff it. The girls will be taken care of by the neighbor. They will give you plenty of fresh colored eggs. If you get hungry, neighbor raises all types of stuff and according to him the goat is ready for stewing. Fruit on the trees so help yourself..I'll leave the puter so you can enjoy the forum.. Brings yours though If you wish to play as I don't want no merging. Anything else call 911, they wont come but read my first paragraph again..

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 13, 15 4:44 AM
Prescriptions -Check Liquor- Check, Lucky - dry food and wet food- Check, or sure let me be the one to rid him of accessories! Chickens Check. And what is it I do if there is a hurricane, other than one on the forum?

PS also let us know when you are going so we don't think you have blown your final gasket please.

Edited on 10/13/2015 at 4:47:04 AM PST

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 13, 15 6:00 AM
LOL! Final casket is right...I'll probably blow it somewhere in Santorini from all the "fun" i'm going to be having..Leave here Oct26- Hope to return Nov14th. I'll post itinerary. Y'all can play where's BlueX today..HA!...Seems I am going to be all over SE Europe.. Fancy daughter and missus have it all planned. I gotta go to Italy so I'll see if I can find fuel there to bring back.

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Oct 13, 15 6:19 AM
From my silly posting yesterday...you know you're an ART addict when...you IEI in real life! Have a safe one Blue!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 13, 15 6:45 AM
HAHHAHAH GCP. I bet Blue said...." what about Romania? " Missus and Fancy Daughter said, "Mmmmm, no. How about Prague?"

I worked with someone that said Prague had the best shopping in the world... not that I would know.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Oct 13, 15 6:59 AM
LOL.. since the flights are via pass. I still don't know if we get to Rome via Spain or Frankfurt. You know I'll be looking for Rans if I go through Spain. Now as far as shopping. Believe it or not the best shopping in the world is the good ole USA. We have the best prices anywhere. European countries have a 21% + vat tacked on to everything. Also have duties on a lot of product not EU made on top of that. Cheap place is Hong Kong, Dubai (for quality) Singapore (pricey)...Now certain things are cheaper and better depending on where you go, but if it has to be imported .USA!

Go to: