Why Is It.......?

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

Re:Why Is It.......?

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Feb 27, 15 4:38 PM
Oh and I didn't target anyone specific with the comment about the map button, I just picked one of the things people have been complaining about on different threads as an example to show how people don't like it when things are changes even though at the same time they demand for them.

[Post New]by Arizona63Tucson on Feb 27, 15 4:49 PM
IMO SIT BACK AND SMELL THE ROSES ( caps for emphasis )

gadget23mom
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by gadget23mom on Feb 27, 15 5:43 PM
I haven't seen the movie, but isn't there a song in "Frozen" that says "Let it go"? Perhaps criticizing those who complain is in fact also complaining. When the Six Paw/Bow fiasco went around, there was an awful lot of complaining back then. Remember that there are newer players in the game now and to them, changing the social page perhaps threw them for a loop. So "Let it go". We will all get used to changes. For some getting used to something is immediate and for others it may take some time, but the idea here is that everyone should be tolerant of others and not just complain about people whining. IMO WWJD.

[Post New]by whitebutterfly54 on Feb 27, 15 6:00 PM
You know, this was the very reason I took a long vacation from the forum. So what if players want to "complain." Isn't that what the forum is for. Who decides what can be posted and what can't? Should there be a list of words or phrases that are off-limits? Do we want our posts censored any more than they already are? Some players don't mean to "complain", they may just be going through a rough patch and need some encouragement to continue. In the days of the old bow figurine, I came here to commiserate with other players trying to tough it out. It was just a way to blow off steam. Most of us have been guilty of that.

I agree with gadget23mom, complaining about complainers is itself complaining.

Live and let live.

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 27, 15 6:11 PM
I agree, the forum is needed for gripes and commiserating and pep talks. Personally though, I have a lot more patience with constructive criticism than destructive criticism. I think that may be where a lot of the "complaining about complainers" gets started, I've been there myself. I suppose those who think there is too much whining also need their chance to complain. I think as long as someone isn't being rude, patience should be the first reaction (for however long your patience can last).

Tamarindra
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by Tamarindra on Feb 27, 15 7:30 PM
rosiebvt wrote:I agree, the forum is needed for gripes and commiserating and pep talks. Personally though, I have a lot more patience with constructive criticism than destructive criticism. I think that may be where a lot of the "complaining about complainers" gets started, I've been there myself. I suppose those who think there is too much whining also need their chance to complain. I think as long as someone isn't being rude, patience should be the first reaction (for however long your patience can last).

I second that.
If only for the logic...

Besides, if the 'rule' would be that it's okay to complain,
but forbidden to complain about the complaining,
and then again it's okay to complain about the complaints about the complaining...
that would be way to complainicated,
uhm, I mean
way to complicated ! My head hurts!

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Feb 27, 15 8:01 PM

blabbitfan86
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,024 Posts

[Post New]by blabbitfan86 on Feb 27, 15 8:10 PM
I guess my favorite thread just is "I'm happy because..." I try to look at the good side, I've had so much bad things happen to me that I have to appreciate any little good thing going on, that helps me through tough times. By all means, anyone can use any way they like to feel better. It's just refreshing reading someone saying there's reasons to be positive and happy about.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Feb 27, 15 8:29 PM
After a day of the new social pages I am finding them to be better than the old way, just have to get used to it, but all in all better to work with (wish I didn't have 2 Betty's)and is much easier on the eyes,

The same old 'Declined list' is still there and I have been declined after a while with some friends, their name comes into my 'invited list' and all you have to do is click on their name and you are now off there declined list, only wished others would see this and click my name off,

Not complaining just explaining,

AG1

rubyretro
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

per item..and I will be happy. i can flt thru the swscenes no problem. But with high point charge

[Post New]by rubyretro on Feb 27, 15 9:35 PM
It is only free ..IF you play endlessly. And i am quite good. Always number one..HOWEVER. the costs to fabricate past level 35 are outrageous. This is a most beautiful game and i would rather pay for it 30 .. forty 50 dollars ..than to be frustrated in the time it takes or the coin invested to go around and around with duplicate fabrications. That is my only complaint. keep the entry fees at 1200 per scene" and fabrication at NOT 12,000 As far as social . I hate it. I give & give with only one item returned. Enough said. So I just don't have those animals that require gift points.

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Feb 27, 15 10:18 PM
rubyreto,

May I suggest that you read a lot of the MC forum pages,

You see if you stop to do rounds of the Castle and build up your coins and inventory you can get where you are going but it takes patience, a lot of long time players will tell you just stop and do rounds ,

I am on level 47 and have been here for a week and will be here until I know that I can advance without loosing to much coin and inventory, next 2 crafts cost 3,000 and 4,000, to open a new HOS cost 20,000 and the crafts are asked for in three's, not all but most,

Also this is a never ending game so what is your hurry? I think that you have the MC itice like most of us, just log out and play a normal game to ease the nerves,

I don't play endlessly, just 2 to 3 rounds a day and I have never payed a thing to play this game, BTW I have 2 other F2P games I go to as well as normal games,

As they say variety is the spice of life...........MC Mantra ( it's just a game )

AG1

Fishpole
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Fishpole on Feb 28, 15 1:50 AM
As I started this....I would just like to clarify....that it was NOT my intention to come down on or try and bring about censorship to the people that post here in the Forum.

After all that is what a 'Forum' is all about....a meeting place for public discussion.

And as has been pointed out.....the Developers and BFG do pay attention to our 'complaints' (for want of a better word) and changes to the game have been made through these.

I just personally found it to be discouraging...when the 'new' update came out...which I think is an improvement in a lot of aspects.....and gave us some 'new' scenes to open to read a 'post' in which the poster stated that they had completed their update and realized that it didn't actually update anything! Which in itself was confusing to me......because if they went from Level 59 to 61.....then?
And then they went on to say that 'They' just 'screwed' around with a layout we're ALL familiar AND comfortable with (news to me) for no reason.

Absolutely NO credit was given to the Development Team for the 'new' scenes and on-going work that they are doing.

You can always find something wrong with something......No one game is going to meet every ones expectations....but at least try and keep your expectations reasonable.

Remember.....This game is being offered for FREE!........If you choose to spend a lot of money on it because you don't have the patience or time to play it through...then that's on you.

AND........"That's ALL Folks!" .......Happy Gaming...

aussiegirl1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,017 Posts

[Post New]by aussiegirl1 on Feb 28, 15 3:13 AM
Hi TeeCee,

I am with you on this one, as I have stated I am on level 47 so nothing new in the HOS for me but the update of the social pages are great,

Hat's off to the Dev's for listening to all we have been asking for, some they have delivered and if TeeCee says the new levels are great well I can't wait to get there, (in about a couple of months) I am in no way in a hurry to get there,

I am going to do rounds, collect coin and inventory, gift to myself and my friends so I can cruise to the next few levels,

As I have stated above I have two other F2P games and their forums there are worse than here, all they do is complain and no one is listening as it is all the same, at lest we give credit where credit is due,

Well done Elephant Games and Big Fish

Happy gaming all,

AG1

rosiebvt
Manatee
Manatee
4,210 Posts

[Post New]by rosiebvt on Feb 28, 15 6:09 AM
I saw that post too TeeCee, and just wanted to slap the person (I DO have patience issues!) That's what I'd call whining and it bugs me no end. Luckily we don't have a really excessive number of those around anymore it seems. Still, it is frustrating, but I figure they've got to be on the worst end of the spectrum so I just ignore them, once I get over the urge to slap . They're not worth the energy.
Rose

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 28, 15 7:19 AM
OK, just one complaint............trying to gift........turning over a friends wish list and accidentally hit the garbage can and deleted them! The garbage can needs to be moved.........its like the "collect all" button.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 28, 15 8:45 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:OK, just one complaint............trying to gift........turning over a friends wish list and accidentally hit the garbage can and deleted them! The garbage can needs to be moved.........its like the "collect all" button.

Go into the deleted players and click accept to get them back.

The garbage can is needed by people who periodically purge their friend list, getting rid of people who have stopped playing or people who love receiving gifts but don't love sending them.

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 28, 15 9:01 AM
TiramaSue.......I did get them back......my point was is was WAY too easy to delete someone........the devs need to move that garbage can..........when I am not very awake and trying to gift I might not notice I deleted someone.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 28, 15 9:48 AM
sbaker2318 wrote:TiramaSue.......I did get them back......my point was is was WAY too easy to delete someone........the devs need to move that garbage can..........when I am not very awake and trying to gift I might not notice I deleted someone.

Where would you like to see it moved to?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 28, 15 10:37 AM
On top of the name to the left.

TiramaSue
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,953 Posts

[Post New]by TiramaSue on Feb 28, 15 12:23 PM
sbaker2318 wrote:On top of the name to the left.

Okay. I reread your message and realized you said 'moved' and not 'removed'. I'm okay with wherever they put it as long as it still exists.

Go to: