barbdesc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by barbdesc on Mar 7, 15 12:00 AM
It took 36 minutes with this demo!!! There is too much dialogue, which I skip anyway. I am struggling these days to find a game that suits me. Where are all the good ones going to !!!!

sue2610
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by sue2610 on Mar 7, 15 5:50 AM
Is that it? Game far too short and not worth the money.. I completed it in a couple of hours.. the best games take me at least 5 hours to complete.. very disappointed.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 7, 15 3:49 PM
Hi all. Well, we have number 6 in this series...yes, I have the other 5. I like this series, even though nothing really changes from one to the other. This one had nice graphics and somewhat muted colors. Guess this was to make it a little spookier. Game play was very nice, no problems with the demo. I really liked the voice overs. They were quite "ghostly" and really added realism to this game. Same with the music. I usually turn it way down, but I really like this music...sort of "on the edge of your seat" type of sound. Well done. You do have a raven to help you reach the higher places you can't, but otherwise he is pretty quiet.

Game flowed well enough so that I did not need to use the map, but I did look at it. The objective icons on the map are quite small and I had to really look to see them. Hint system is quite helpful and I did need to use it a couple of times. HOPs are fairly clean and clear and items are not difficult to find and are mostly interactive. Puzzles I ran across were a bit challenging and fun, but not difficult. They do take some time to complete. Really like how they incorporated time travel into this game...very well done.

There are a lot of achievements in this game, but so far, I haven't run across anything new. Collectibles are parts of a book and once you have those parts, you get a bit more of the story. I was disappointed in this. The parts don't jump off the page at you. Some blend in very well to background colors and items, so you do have to look for them. There needed to be something extra. The story parts really aren't what I would consider "extra," or "collectible."

This is an extremely short demo. I had 59 minutes left, so I'm wondering how long the actual game might be. I really like the story line, music and voices, so I will get this one to add to my collection. For now, I will put it in my puddle and decide if I want to get the CE or the SE. Just not too sure it is CE worthy without more in the way of collectibles.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the review.

Edited on 03/07/2015 at 3:53:28 PM PST

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 7, 15 3:58 PM
I agree it was a short trial and couldn't get the feel of the game. I usually like ERS games and have most of them so will have to wait and see about this one. Give this 4 out of 5 stars as I am giving ERS the benefit of other game I have played by them.

janey3315
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Redemption Cemetery: The Island of the Lost Collector's Edi

[Post New]by janey3315 on Mar 8, 15 1:34 PM
Jurinne wrote:A 50 second wait for hints, even in custom mode? Why?

And why are we told we have 90 minutes for a demo when it's only 30 minutes (which includes a LOT of cut scenes and dialogue). I wasn't able to relax at all because I knew there was such a time constraint on me. And I feel like BF lied to me.

Like others, I noticed the "creep" factor was missing. I really wish I could find a game that creeps me out.

The graphics are nice and I wanted to explore a lot of areas but wasn't allowed to and I have to wonder why.

As far as I can tell, there are no morphing objects, and no collectibles except some that seem to be random and I don't know what they are for - so why is this being offered as a CE? A bonus MG? That's it?!?

Maybe as a DD or COTW, but I wouldn't pay full price for this game, not even for the SE.

Edit: I forgot to mention that, if you switch to the marble popping game in place of HOS, you have to switch every time you successfully make a match of three. That meant about five times for me. The marble popping is extremely simple - anyone can do it, and the whole point of marble popping is that you need to move quickly. Not here. Take your time - it's nothing. This was a big disappointment to me as I love marble popping.

BF is not lying about having 90 minutes to finish the demo....the demo is the same for everyone but some people will be fast enough to finish in 30 minutes but this way you don't have to freak out if you need to answer a phone call because now players have 90 minutes to finish what takes most expert players only 30 minutes to finish...I kind of like it better because I don't have to worry about time I can take my time and read everything...whereas before I wouldn't read anything because I wanted to get the most game play in one hour as possible....hope this helps

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Mar 12, 15 11:31 AM
I was really enjoying the game and 1BAM1 the game ended .didn't like the ending at all I felt as if i ran into a brick wall. ouch not worth a ce edition. I guess when a game series goes on and on, it gets hard to make more.

[Post New]by feenix2011 on Mar 21, 15 3:20 PM
I have a few of the Redemption series, and my complaint for ALL ERS games are those annoying dark circles that you have to find something or do something in. What is the purpose of those circles anyway? Never could figure it out - but annoys the h--- out of me!! I agree with the reviewers that there was nothing to really get excited about here. The graphics, music, voice-overs (which usually annoy me, but were very good), and mini-games were just fine. Too many HOS for my taste, but the "bubble popper" game was a nice alternative. All in all not bad and I had two game club credits to use so it was a few hours of FREE game play - so to speak!!
Still waiting for Spring here in NE PA. I'm sick of snow!!

feenix

Go to: