Re:Welcome to Aveyond: Lord of Twilight forum

[Post New]by Ann_Buck on Jun 9, 09 1:07 PM
Well, I found a girl's silver ring, but I can't find the girl to give it to her. I have been all over the town that Edward said he was taking her back to, but no Edward either. Help?

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 9, 09 1:12 PM
You'll find them both in the temple in Thais.

[Post New]by FunFamily4 on Jun 9, 09 11:55 PM
I was really disappointed and almost angry, because the game is too short. It ended up by awakening the ice princess.... It seems, they want to earn too much money by splitting the game into peaces....

Edited on 06/09/2009 at 11:56:25 PM PST

[Post New]by compumom61 on Jun 10, 09 3:22 PM
After the comet thing falls from the sky when the two characters are on the roof of the castle, it says to go to the far west of Brightwood Forest. I have been walking around the area for 3 days and cannot find the way out!! HELP!

[Post New]by Jhwkmom on Jun 11, 09 8:05 AM
jusme wrote:I feel really stupid I can't find the person I am supposed to meet on the first quest.

[Post New]by Jhwkmom on Jun 11, 09 8:06 AM
I agree. I have no idea how to find the person I am supposed to meet in the first part of the game. I have tried everything that I can think of,

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 11, 09 8:51 AM
I take it you turned the tutorial off? With the tutorial on you get a series of blinking arrows that leads you to the Clockworks Manor, on the 3rd floor balcony are the people Mel needs to meet with. Have fun.

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jun 11, 09 11:01 AM
agf8623 wrote:Awesome, I can't wait to see the new guide.

@Playful61
Does this happen right away or over time? The first most important thing to do is restart your computer and make sure you don't have a lot of things running in the background (tool tray especially).

If you do this and the problem persists, can you watch to see if it happens after you've been playing for a bit? You may have an outdated sound card or video card that needs a newer (free) driver. If this is the case, you can go to your sound card's website and download your new driver for free.

TYVM I appreciate the info - it happens after I've been playing awhile - frustrating especially if I haven't saved for awhile. I tried to update my driver but for some reason it didn't work guess i'll have to take the old laptop in for tuning

Am enjoying the play, though

Playful61
Clownfish
Clownfish
846 Posts

[Post New]by Playful61 on Jun 11, 09 11:03 AM
How does one get a 'free' updated audio/video driver?
I feel really dumb

mantaman
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Welcome to Aveyond: Lord of Twilight forum

[Post New]by mantaman on Jun 12, 09 2:06 PM
I am playing the level where I have to find Galahad. I find him and then keep getting killed. How do I defeat the skeletons?

[Post New]by gamergirl68 on Jun 12, 09 7:06 PM
Playful61, if you find out who made your driver, you can usually go to their website and download a new one.

mantaman, I haven't done this myself, but I've seen suggestions to make Galahad inactive, and use Te'ijal's 'drain' skill. I have both of them active, and have them attack the guy at the front first (with the red bandana). When he's killed, I make them both attack one of the others, and when he goes, they turn their attention to the remaining one. Galahad's weapon is REALLY good, so I feel he's wasted if you make him inactive. And use Te'ijal's 'drain' because it takes off more HP from the enemy than her weapon does.

sunny64
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by sunny64 on Jun 12, 09 8:53 PM
I do love RPG games and have played Aveyond 1 (still playing) and Aveyond 2. However, I do not believe in chapters for these games. Amanda on a developer site, originally suggested game play of four or five hours. This was due to the reduced rates of many game portals and suggested developer survival tips. Amanda does produce excellent games and I’m glad to see that she added many more hours of game play for her chapter series.
However, as much as I enjoyed the series, I will no longer buy a partial segment. I have problems remembering specific details of two weeks ago, let alone game aspects 3 months previous.
The BFG cost for three ten hour Aveyond segments $20.97. The BFG cost for 80 plus hours of play for 3 Stars of Destiny $6.99.
Just another viewpoint!

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Jun 15, 09 6:06 AM
gamergirl68, you can't make Galahad inactive for that particular fight, since he was only added to the party after Te'ijal has found him and they are thrust straight into battle together.

[Post New]by geris1 on Jun 15, 09 6:59 AM
you know when I go through the mountains I can't fight the monsters : Chickens, big flies and all that... I always lose 'cause they're too strong for me...Just don't know what to do, where to go... PLZ someone help!!!! (Waiting for answer or a reply)

Edited on 06/15/2009 at 7:01:23 AM PST

[Post New]by aislingyngaio on Jun 15, 09 7:18 AM
geris1, the chickens are weaker than the dragonflies. Try tripping them so that they can't attack you while you attack them. There are also some rats when you reach the Thial Mountain Caves, so try to train on them as well.

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 15, 09 7:26 AM
How many party members do you have and are you clicking "ATTACK" or "SKILL" for your members?
Are your characters equipped with sufficient armor/weapons?
Do you replenish your hurt members HP with food/potion/herbs after battle?
Are you saving your progress before key battles/boards?
Be sure to cure party members that may be poisened as their HP level continues to drop after battle.

[Post New]by stellablue530 on Jun 15, 09 7:14 PM
is there a aveyond lord of twilight part 2 if so where and when can i buy the game?

Edited on 07/08/2009 at 1:44:41 PM PST

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 15, 09 7:28 PM
That will be released in july/august I forget what the book title is. The developer says all 4 keys will be found and all the hanging quests will be fullfilled.

gameboy05
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by gameboy05 on Jun 16, 09 8:38 AM
I don't know how to go to Naylith or get sucreem. Please help !

memawclay2
Salmon
Salmon
2,712 Posts

[Post New]by memawclay2 on Jun 16, 09 9:25 AM
Leave Thais and go west on the main road. At the first crossroad, head due north and continue north towards Gheledon (dwarf town). Once you enter the snowy woods (Istir Forrest), head north east until you reach Gheledon. The exit for Naylith Summit is southeast in town. Do try to complete the quests in town as they can net you gold and great items.

Go to: