Time Freeze - New Offer

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

Re:Time Freeze - New Offer

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Mar 14, 15 4:40 PM
afspam wrote:I Started a page on the wiki for this Offer. Unfortunately I didn't take note of the quests as I went so I am at the point of running the expedition in my game.

The page is very rudimentary
http://rooms-of-memory.wikia.com/wiki/Time_Freeze

If you have things to add, feel free to add them! Otherwise, send me text and I will add it.

Thanks Afspam
I've added the tasks to assemble the first artifact, in just simple text format... as I don't really know anything about how to create tables (or anything else, really!) in the wikia, and I don't really have the time to try & figure things out, I'm afraid

Edited on 03/14/2015 at 5:48:20 PM PST

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 14, 15 6:47 PM
I went in and added what I found in the tower in what specific mode - wasn't much, but better than nothing at all. It may not be the same for everyone. It is ghost specific, and you can banish them without the search, and receive credit for doing so.
Also, I found the drop rate very slow on the Important Trivia - I went using nothing..no N.Pallium - WishMaster..etc..after 4-5 times straight play & using cards trying to get components to drop..I did use 2 WishMasters & 1 Kaleidoscope.. it helped with the Time Remants Artifact, not with the Important Trivia..got disgusted, bought a pc. in between components to get the ball rolling as I was stuck.
Good luck everyone

Edited on 03/15/2015 at 11:06:10 PM PST

[Post New]by SparklingWine on Mar 15, 15 12:07 AM
Lilybells wrote:I went in and added what I found in the tower in what specific mode - wasn't much, but better than nothing at all. It may not be the same for everyone. It is ghost specific, and you can banish them without the search.
Also, I found the drop rate very slow on the Important Trivia - I went using nothing..no N.Pallium - WishMaster..etc..after 4-5 times straight play & using cards trying to get components to drop..I did use 2 WishMasters & 1 Kaleidoscope.. it helped with the Time Remants Artifact, not with the Important Trivia..got disgusted, bought a pc. in between components to get the ball rolling as I was stuck.
Good luck everyone

Just finished with little time to spare. I didn't mind the room, but the drop rate was excruciating. In order to finish, after visiting the room in the designated mode at least four times without earning certain items, I resorted to buying three of them.

As for "ghost specific", I encountered many ghosts (stopped counting after six). Most were part of the challenge, and, yes, "ghost specific". Sorry, but I didn't make note of where they appeared. Since this thread and the wikia page mentioned ghost in the singular, I thought perhaps they were just haunting me.

If anyone is looking for me, I'll be in Runes until I replenish my gems. (sigh)

JLChestnut
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by JLChestnut on Mar 15, 15 9:45 AM
I had better luck with the drop rate. I was able to finish in a little over an hour. I did use silver cards to cycle through to a needed mode, though. I had my pet dragon, Muchertack fully happy, which may have helped.

saturnina100
Herring
Herring
311 Posts

[Post New]by saturnina100 on Mar 15, 15 10:02 AM
I enjoyed this room, not too hard to search, and the drop rate for me wasn't too bad at all. I used tarra crads but not too many, i finished with 1 hour 15 mins to spare, without any talismans or pet dragons. Didn't used many bells either.
Also in terms of the drawing style itself, I liked it, as it's much more similar to what i'm used to in RoM. Must be the original artists drawing this one
The recent special offers were clearly drawn by someone else, completely different style, i like it but they made the searching insanely hard and the drop rate ridiculous, to the point it's no fun at all.
Glad this one was much more "old style"!

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Mar 15, 15 11:50 AM
Thanks saturnina and Lillybells for adding info.

Yamakiku is going to add some images and more info I believe. I added tables to make it easier to see what is missing.

It obviously doesn't follow quite the same format as the other pages, but it should be easy enough to see the info.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 15, 15 11:09 PM
Did anyone take their chest yet? If so did you by chance write down the contents to share? I'm waiting to take mine. Took my Lairiel's Voice yesterday..don't want to take too many at once..lol
thx

Edited on 03/16/2015 at 1:38:00 AM PST

nixe2000
Guppy
Guppy
120 Posts

[Post New]by nixe2000 on Mar 16, 15 5:56 AM
My chest contained:

30000 Gold coins
5 Crystals
1500 Experience points
50 Silver and 50 Gold Tarra Cards
10 Creature Summoning Scrolls
7 x Bell
7 x Phase Watch
7 x Solar Lamp
7 x Hammer
7 x Magnifying Glass
5 x Old Amphora
5 x Anaglyph Glasses
5 x Paranormal Trap for friends' places
10 x Azure Grapes
10 x Blue Cheese
7 Artifact and 3 Relic Charges (I think those will differ from chest to chest)
15 x Dragon Coin
10 x Lunar firefly
10 x Paper lantern
5 x dragon tablet
5 x Fiery Seal
10 x Crystal Harp
Latin Scroll (forgot how many)
and of course the Time Lord Trophy!

I liked doing the room, The drop rate wasn't too bad. Only for the 4th and the 5th piece I needed 6 searches each although I was playing with talisman and dragon Odving. There were a lot of ghosts and I used many Silver Tarra Cards. I had two hours left to play the room just for fun.

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Mar 16, 15 1:43 PM
I didn't care for this room.

The drop rate for me was terrible for almost every single item. Also, I had tons of ghosts which ate up my ghost traps. After a while I had a ghost in between almost every single regular search. I also used up way too many silver tara cards.

After 3 1/2 hours I was exhausted and just bought the last three items at 25! crystals each.

To top it off, the story line on this offer was the most difficult one to follow that I've read so far. What the heck was going on there?

margboul
Herring
Herring
329 Posts

[Post New]by margboul on Mar 16, 15 2:32 PM
Sunflash makes a good point about the number of resources needed. I often forget to consider the resource expenses since I seem to have hundreds or thousands of everything I need. Because of this, I can qualify a room as easy and fun since I do not even think about using cards, gadgets or ghost busters (in fact, I rather like ghosts).

When I first played, the resources in energy seemed to be the major problem and I avoided side quests completely. At that stage, there were only two a month!

I really don't know what to suggest to junior players, since some side quests really are better left alone rather than deplete your regular stock for normal game play. It is also harder and harder to judge at what level a player is simply by his rank.

However, the drop rate should be standard over a period of time...this does not seem to be the case. I do not think it fair of the devs to have made it unduly difficult for some while others had it easy.

SunFlash
Minnow
Minnow
211 Posts

[Post New]by SunFlash on Mar 16, 15 4:30 PM
Thanks for the sympathy, marg. I have to admit, though, that there have been several previous offers where I saw players complaining about the drop rate or the number of ghosts when I sailed right through easy as pie. I guess it was my turn to have the tough one. I guess ROM is like a box of chocolates....

signed, whiny crybaby (actually how I should have signed my previous post)

Clashfan78
Clownfish
Clownfish
695 Posts

[Post New]by Clashfan78 on Mar 16, 15 4:47 PM
I really liked the room itself so I was quite happy to spend time doing the quest. I didn't have a problem with the drop rate in general but I didn't use silver cards either and I played through the ghosts. I'm thinking that might have made a difference.

The only item that took me more than 2 tries to get was the last one and on that I did use silver cards to switch modes. Took me 6 tries to get it so I'm thinking the drop rate had more to do with the number of actual searches done before it would give you the item. Just my theory anyway.

This quest was quite ghosty and it might have been harder for a lower level player with less energy to complete. My old strategy on that was to run an xp talisman from the start of the quest. I would run a 30% one first then a 50% and finally a white noise once I had reached grand master. That way I could level up faster and replenish my energy to complete the timed room.

All in all I thought this one was fun and I really liked the room. It was colorful, not overly dark and most important not boring. I do agree though that it could be a major energy and resource drain for lower level players. Still it's supposed to be challenging that's why you get a reward for completing it.

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Mar 16, 15 5:51 PM
@ nixe2000 thanks neighbor for posting the contents..gonna take my chest now
I just leveled up, so this gives me a nice head start for the new one coming on Tuesday, XP wise anyway. Well I'm back to the Underworld..blahh and Castle in the Mountains....
Have fun

EDITED TO ADD TO CHEST CONTENTS: 10 Hammer of Thor & the # of Latin Scrolls are 5.

Edited on 03/16/2015 at 11:09:16 PM PST

afspam
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by afspam on Mar 16, 15 6:01 PM
SunFlash I think that it really does depend on how it plays for each of us.

I didn't have much problem with the drop rate. I used a few cards and definitely banished ghosts with chasers instead of playing all of them, but I was doing other stuff at the same time.

I played right down to the wire and only missed getting the sand of time. Luckily I have good neighbours!

sakawi
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by sakawi on Mar 16, 15 7:04 PM
While I really liked the room, the drop rate was about the worst I have ever encountered on a quest like this.

I always use a Nautilus Pallium in a new room but I usually do not use any cards when I go in for the first two hours. I do use magnifying glasses, solar lamps and the occasional bell to help me during the initial learning process.

So I blithely proceeded into this room and began my typical search process. But the darn things were not dropping! Two hours later and I did not even have the first artifact assembled. And the panic set in ... I squeaked through just in time with the help of many, many tarra cards and 'Everything Ghosts Need'. Phewww!

I think only 3 items in total dropped easily for me. The rest were stubborn, difficult, unyielding and totally resistant to my begging, whimpering and pleading.

All I can say now is 'made it' (breathes a big sigh of relief).

achumannfaery
Catfish
Catfish
1,570 Posts

[Post New]by achumannfaery on Mar 16, 15 7:36 PM
I was jaded by the time crunch and having to do the expedition a second time due to the game locking me out....Thanks for the support my wonderful neighbors!

I finished with just enough time to do one last search to put it back in day mode for next time. I did not make grand master as I usually like to do, and used tons of silver cards and spook sweepers, when I generally play all the way around and play through the spooks.

Was not a bad room, I rather liked it....

Crow12000
Clownfish
Clownfish
559 Posts

[Post New]by Crow12000 on Mar 16, 15 11:12 PM
I liked the room as well but I also had the horrible drop rate going on. After it took me an hour to get the first two items in the first artifact I started using silver cards. I even resorted to trying a search talisman and that did seem to help in this case.

I ended up having to buy the last item as I was down to the wire and just had enough time to do the final ghost to end it. Still at least I liked the room and it wasn't a torturous experience to get through it. I would have had no problem with the drop rate if the room had not been timed. If this was a non-expedition quest I would have gladly played that room all week long.

Re:Time Freeze

[Post New]by Librarian2003 on Jun 25, 15 4:34 AM
Here's the offer for today - another recycled one from not so long ago, but at least it was new last time around.

[Post New]by starmagicgreen on Jun 27, 15 6:39 PM
I don't remember this quest as being so stingy with the drops the first go around. I haven't completed the quest and I've been in twice already. I almost never use the cards to change modes, but I almost had to in order to move along. I also dont like to buy the item especially when there's so many days left.
We'll see what tomorrow brings when I attempt it for a (hopefully) last time.
I'm not really feeling the love with this one. I surprised myself by liking the UFO crash site, I found myself enjoying the challenge.
Not sure why this one is taking so long to get through. Maybe I'll figure it out.

Hope others are having better luck,

Lilybells
Clownfish
Clownfish
530 Posts

[Post New]by Lilybells on Jun 27, 15 10:48 PM
This is one of my NOT doing again Quest... I should not have left off as a Grand Master bc when I went I went back in - I had to find everything in 2:30 time....went against my grain..fed Odving..and please tell me should I move up..don't usually waste my time feeding dragons. I bought most of it..waste of my time, and the one I like UFO Crash..I forgot to do..duh
Watson I am sorry and to everyone else, BUT I would never never suggest anyone leave off as a Grand Master bc a just &$&## myself. I was lost, and that is my personal opinion; you know we all have one..lol - But on the high end of it; Piggy Banks love it aolng with the XP Talisman
XOX

Go to: