bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 25, 15 12:25 PM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I'm glad that a number of players are enjoying this particular game. Thank you for your feedback. It is greatly appreciated. We do rely heavily on the feedback of customers for future game releases.

Happy gaming everyone!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by goldieluck69 on Mar 25, 15 1:59 PM
Agree with all the positive comments!

kattykit
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by kattykit on Mar 25, 15 2:07 PM
I played the first Hero of the Kingdom game a couple of years ago and loved it! When I saw the sequel was out, there was no question - had to play it! I wish there were more games like these two. There is adventure, treasure hunting, earning money, buying, selling, and building all in one game. I will be looking forward to playing Hero of the Kingdom III and IV, etc.

Thanks for the fun!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 26, 15 6:54 AM
Ten stars! This is a truly wonderful and unique game both in terms of play and value. Though the game never really ends given its non-linear nature and random patterns which allow for infinite replay; were one to determine an end point, based on plot and achievements, it still offers five times the playing hours of most other Adventure HOGs. Every time I think it is nearing the end, a large portion of the map opens providing hours more play. The only "drawback" to the game, if there is one, is my inability to stop playing it. I've posted a more complete review on the game download page, in hopes it will convince others to play. I am posting here in the hopes it will convince the game makers and Big Fish to offer more games like this one, and to beg you not to change anything. It is easier to list the absence of things that cause me to I prefer this game over the hundreds of other games attempting to follow this format and failing miserably.
Lack of Large Cartoonish Graphics: The graphics in this sequel are perfect. I really liked the graphics in the first game, as small as they are. The more the graphics change, the larger the chance players who start on later editions are put off by earlier ones. I really do not want to see future editions with larger, cartoonish graphics that ruin so many other potentially decent games.
Lack of Long, Boring, Opening Sequence & Irritatingly Slow Tutorial:
When I download a 60 minute trial, I don't want to spend a minute, much less five, watching some stupid backstory video. I want to know what the goal is through playing and what the gameplay is like. This game gives both within the first two minutes of hitting the Play button. Though one is receiving a game play tutorial, it comes through actually playing the game and is just as fun the 40th time as it is the first.
Lack of annoying scene transitions : For the most part, the game seamlessly flows through one area to the next. There are a few places in which there is a bit more dialogue, yet it is still minimal.
Lack of Characters Telling What to Do Next : To clear, I'm not referring to quest, as obviously someone has to inform the player of the quest; I'm referring to games in which the minute a goal is given, some character pops up telling me how to achieve the goal. Those games truly are “Point & Click”, as that is all one does. There is no thinking involved.

I've reached my limit so I end w/ Please give us more!

JB4510
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by JB4510 on Mar 26, 15 6:59 AM
bessiegirl wrote:This is a definite no buy. Good grief, everything is very small and all these little dialog boxes pop up...very slow. I also notice there was no place to identify you as a player...odd. Seemed like a very old style game. I was certainly not impressed with the graphics, colors or the animations. Yuck...maybe a 1 out of 5 for me. Couldn't even get past the demo. Time waster.

This post summarizes the reasons I love this game! No hand-holding; no insipid piles of junk to sort through, (who puts fish in a mailbox?!); no sparkling arrows to show you hidden items, (what is the point in that?); no need to identify yourself as a player - you ARE the character; no cartoon animations; no mindless pointing and clicking. It's absolutely fine for people not to like this game, as they have hundreds of other options to choose from. Those of us who prefer to figure things out for ourselves desperately need more games like this one.

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Mar 26, 15 11:37 AM
As JB4510 pointed out, this game is fantastic, but I appreciate it all the more in comparison with other games on the market. There are very few turn-based strategy games out there. If the game has strategy, it has little sims running all over the screen that you have to keep up with. You can play this game as quickly or as slowly as you wish. The adventure games out there tell you what to do every step of the way. The RPGs are just endless combat, buying better equipment, and leveling up. This one is so non-linear that you can reach THE END without doing many things, but then you can go back and do them. I can get immersed in the game and feel like I am really a hero battling pirates instead of an old lady playing a game. I can't express how much I have enjoyed playing this game over and over.

kccrs
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by kccrs on Mar 26, 15 10:18 PM
LOVE THIS GAME! I agree with all the other positive posters. BFG needs way more games like this! I usually get excited when finally something is NOT a hidden object or match 3 game... there are TOO MANY OF THOSE! I enjoy strategy games like this waaay more. And this is a really good one. I had forgotten about the first one until I started playing this!

I love that there are tons of quests and there isn't a certain sequential order things need to happen. I love that you actually have to work at this game, like making money is a chore (which is usually is in real life too). I love that it's not cutesy or telling me exactly what to do each step, yet it's not too challenging that I give up. I also love that it wasn't designed to be finished in just a few hours, like most BFG games I play.

Well done and PLEASE keep them coming!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Mar 28, 15 5:58 PM
CAThie1950 wrote:Fantastic Game. Interestingly I had trialed the first one and I was so confused I didn't even finish the trial. I didn't even remember it, but when I noticed a HKII I read the reviews and decided to try it. Got a bit through the trial and realized I LOVED it, so I went back, bought the first one and played it before I got into this one. It still took me a while to figure out a good way to get cash, but I think I'll probably have to re-play both a few times over. I will now hope that there will be an Hero of the Kingdom III

GREAT game!

OMGoodness!...CAThie ...this is the very same thing I did, am now playing both which is on my BFApp. Almost completed HOK1 (which I do not want to end yet!).. but still on HOK2 which have replayed both, not to the end just replay @ beginning until I got it figured out, of course I am sure that will replay this game OFTEN!

I am hoping developer will be presenting more of these games, a game IMO

Lets

[Post New]by calton on Mar 30, 15 7:37 AM
I love this game! I enjoyed being sent on various tasks and loved collecting. I have already gone back and played the game again. I can't get enough of it!

[Post New]by cindypeg on Mar 30, 15 12:46 PM
I loved this game and have played it twice. After discovering it, I also purchased the first one. It was such a change from other games available on Bigfish. I enjoyed the challenge of finding the different items, the idea of a continuing (and changing story), but what I loved most was the changing of the scenes themselves. It was such fun to go back and suddenly see more things to do/or find.

I am hopeful the producers of the game will be encouraged and know there is definitely an audience for this type of thing. Please make more!!

Terrific Game with Great Replay Value!

[Post New]by frigga134 on Mar 31, 15 5:51 PM
I have both HOTK 1 and 2 and really love them both. I've played #1 three times and am on my second go round on #2. It's so rare to find a game that's enjoyable to play more than once. I've even turned my husband on to these games (he's on #2), and we both hope there will be more. These remind me of the old Sierra games, which I loved. Some suggestions: please make the found objects (mushrooms, rings, etc.) a little bigger/easier to find. Sometimes I have to resort to random clicking because they're not visible at all. In the words of Oliver Twist, "Please, sir, I want some more."

[Post New]by linirda on Apr 1, 15 5:15 AM
Really liked this game. I think it could have been longer, but enjoyed it immensely while I was playing it. I love these strategy type games, and I think this is definitely one of the best. Thanks Big Fish! Looking forward to Hero of the Kingdom 3!

vernete
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by vernete on Apr 2, 15 2:42 AM
yup...i'm a fan. lol one of the best games yet. although, for me there are a few things i'd like to see in the next one...

for those of us who are seeing impaired, it'd be nice to have another game mode, one where magnifying glasses are not required...lol. also, since i'm not as sharp as i used to be, it could have more resources so i don't have to calculate if i'll have enough items to make it to wherever i need to be or go. i enjoy being able to find things, hunt the animals, and accumulate lots and lots of money.

i also loved the little moving oysters that you get the pearls from. i want more! hahaha small as they were, i was able to find 20...i scooped them up so fast they didn't have time to reproduce. or i scared the rest so bad they are paralyzed.

i wouldn't want the general graphics changed much, the detail is incredible. but maybe the items you have to find, such as boxes, crates, barrels, shoes, rings, and mushrooms could have a higher color value. alot of the items i found by accident, either by random clicking, or my cursor just happened to be hovering on a spot where something was when changing scenes.

overall, i really enjoyed both HotK games and would recommend them to anyone. can not wait for the third one to come out.

mngal46
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by mngal46 on Apr 4, 15 6:31 PM
While I feel a bit "stuck" I really have enjoyed this game....a 5 star rating from me.
Keep up the good work! Looking forward to III

waxtadpole
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by waxtadpole on Apr 5, 15 8:57 PM
I enjoyed the first version of this game, and was happy to see the second one available. I have played it once through successfully, even without getting the armor, so that really is not necessary to win, but it is a nice additional quest and is fun to do.

I have two areas in which I would like to see improvement in the third version, which I eagerly await. First, I'm sure I'm not the only "granny gamer" playing this game, so I'm not the only one who may have some slight or even more than slight vision problems. In another thread, one player suggested the game designers put a "magnifying glass" into the game, possibly as a reward, so we could magnify an area when we need to look for something tiny, such as the little gold starfish in this game. I'm all for that! I'm having the dickens of a time finding that 12th gold starfish!

Secondly, it would be a bit less frustrating if there were just a few more ways to make money. In version one, it was much less difficult to get enough money to carry out tasks. In this game, it is just a shade past difficult to raise enough money to do what needs to be done, especially when you have nothing left to sell, very little money, and need to gather together five mercenaries at 100 gold each! I agree with another player that the mercenaries must not be very skilled because they keep dying off. If they're so incompetent, they should not cost 100 gold. And conversely, mercenaries that cost 100 gold should have a little bit better survival rate. Of course, right now in the game I'm playing this time around, I'm having money problems because I cannot find that dratted last starfish, and therefore can't gether pearls to sell to get more money! Catch-22.

Other than those two points, the game is extremely playable, and has enough "easter eggs" (like the lever) to make it fun. I like the premise of the game -- having to accomplish some great feat for the king and win the day (or the princess). I also like the adventuresome princess who is doing much more than pining away in the castle for her love. Let her go out and fight the pirates, too! Darn right!

The art is very pleasing, and I enjoy going into the buildings and the caves. Let's have more like this, with places to uncover and explore.

Excellent job! Definitely !

mazza66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mazza66 on Apr 6, 15 9:16 PM

Edited on 04/07/2015 at 9:58:24 AM PST

mazza66
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mazza66 on Apr 7, 15 8:48 PM
This is a game that I just loved...Could not stop playing..Hope there will be..or..are more games like this

wendylee
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by wendylee on Apr 8, 15 5:13 AM
I have been with Big Fish for years and have noticed a decline in the area of games like this. H/O's are EVERYWHERE, but good' Quest games'(adventure games??) are hard to come by.
I, personally, do not like the games where there is 'junk' in the road and you have to keep moving it to get to your next location. I guess they call then Time management games now, but i don't think that is a proper name for them. Time Management to me is more like the' Sally's' games or 'Emily's' games, not the"'junk in the road" games. (Sorry off on a tangent!)
Anyway, I love games like this and i really hope that we have more like them. I loved the Westward games, Castaway Island, etc. This is little like those and I am having a Blast playing.
Big Fish has kinda gotten boring the last couple of years for me because these games are so few and far between.PLEASE make more ADVENTURE type games!!

Please post your REVIEWS for Hero of the Kingdom II here.

[Post New]by annchristine on Apr 10, 15 2:07 PM
Daxadillion wrote:A thread for your reviews.

I really loved this game. Would definitely buy more of this type game.

j6point7
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by j6point7 on Apr 10, 15 8:47 PM
Loved the game!! Another please!

Go to: