Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by healy6904 on Mar 20, 15 4:34 PM
In the extra game, when I get to the boat I get a runtime error and I can't finish the game. I'm running Windows 7. (It's happened four times.)

Edited on 03/20/2015 at 4:35:16 PM PST

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Mar 21, 15 4:28 AM
In the bonus chapter, I get to the hospital to use the puppet, magnifier and code but get a runtime error, this has happened twice now, so can go no further.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by lisarug721 on Mar 21, 15 8:10 AM
Also can't get the ear. What's the secret?

aubreean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aubreean on Mar 21, 15 3:16 PM
Having the same problem, when i go to grab the green smoke game crashes, running windows 8-1 everything else is up to date. have tried reinstalling and started over three times.

Housen
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Housen on Mar 21, 15 3:51 PM
Hello all!

I was not sure where exactly to post this So since this is one of the games I'm having trouble with, I'll do it here. I recently had to have a new system installed on my computer due to a virus. I am now running Vista Business. I have never used vista before and I am having problems getting games to work on it. Take puppetShow: The price of immortality, it will install just fine, but when I click on it to play the game manager will close like to does when a game is starting, but then I get a message from windows telling me that the game has closed. This has also happened to with Nightfall: An Edgar Allen Poe Mystery, Dark Tales: EAP: Marie Roget (sorry I know that's not spelled right.)

However, Farm up, Midnight castle, Awakening Kingdoms, will run. I don't know what the difference is. I am seeing some screen flickering on Awakening Kingdoms. Has anyone else experienced this?

I 'm wondering: if these games just aren't compatable with Vista Business?
A flashplayer issue?
a video card issue?

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly apprecialed? Over the years I have purchased at least five hundred dollars of games on disks. They are mostly hidden object games from BigFish and I will be devestated if I can no longer play them. Please help.

Thank You!

midnyter5555
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for PuppetShow: The Price of Immortality Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by midnyter5555 on Mar 21, 15 5:33 PM
Housen wrote:Hello all!

I was not sure where exactly to post this So since this is one of the games I'm having trouble with, I'll do it here. I recently had to have a new system installed on my computer due to a virus. I am now running Vista Business. I have never used vista before and I am having problems getting games to work on it. Take puppetShow: The price of immortality, it will install just fine, but when I click on it to play the game manager will close like to does when a game is starting, but then I get a message from windows telling me that the game has closed. This has also happened to with Nightfall: An Edgar Allen Poe Mystery, Dark Tales: EAP: Marie Roget (sorry I know that's not spelled right.)

However, Farm up, Midnight castle, Awakening Kingdoms, will run. I don't know what the difference is. I am seeing some screen flickering on Awakening Kingdoms. Has anyone else experienced this

A flashplayer issue?
a video card issue?

If anyone has any ideas they would be greatly apprecialed? Over the years I have purchased at least five hundred dollars of games on disks. They are mostly hidden object games from BigFish and I will be devestated if I can no longer play them. Please help.

Thank You!

i am having the same issue

[Post New]by Leo4356_812 on Mar 22, 15 1:05 AM
Using Windows 8.1. Game keeps freezing up, went to the Tech site and received an automated message saying to come here. You are saying go there. Not overly impressed. Love the game as far as I was able to go. Tried to do the Dr. Felix route but security saying it detected something and shut down the progress. Reading I am getting is game file corrupted. Have uninstalled and reinstalled three times and it still wants me to start over from the beginning. What to do, what to do?

smidgec
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by smidgec on Mar 22, 15 5:18 AM
i cant play the bonus game. No option to play it

GINFIZMOM
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by GINFIZMOM on Mar 22, 15 11:34 AM
I am playing the main game for the second time on the same profile, so I can collect the last couple of achievements. My problem is that when I am in the prison (for the second time), the HOS is not working correctly. As soon as I cut the manacles on the doll, she disappears, and I can't collect her for the HO list, so the scene never ends. This means I can't progress any further, as I don't get the item for completing the HOS. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by chesfam on Mar 22, 15 5:00 PM
Bonus Chapter Bug?? Xray Eggs. Need 7 eggs for mini game. Only 6 in nest. Help.

[Post New]by Declayne on Mar 22, 15 10:20 PM
HERabalder wrote:When i point on the green smoke in the shed the game chrashes. Have tried to start all over. same thing happens. It says that Windows detects a problem and close the game down.

For those have gotten the game crashing with the green smoke in the shed, has there been a fix found, or a way to get around it yet? I've begun the tech support route, but am wondering if that has resolved anything for anyone else who has already tried that?

Thanks!

[Post New]by Xfactor_101 on Mar 22, 15 11:29 PM
I purchased the collector's edition, however, there is no Bonus game once the game is complete...What give??

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 23, 15 5:56 AM
HERabalder wrote:

When i point on the green smoke in the shed the game crashes. Have tried to start all over. same thing happens. It says that Windows detects a problem and close the game down.

This is happening to me as well. I have windows 8
I hope a fix will be available soon.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 23, 15 4:13 PM
Xfactor_101 wrote:I purchased the collector's edition, however, there is no Bonus game once the game is complete...What give??
Bonus games are usually found under Extras and then there should be a Play button somewhere. So don't look for a link saying bonus game, just Play under Extras.

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Mar 23, 15 7:22 PM
I haven't read of anyone having the same problem, but after installing the game, it keeps (for lack of a better word) minimizing: the game keeps going, but I have to click on the icon to start it up again. Also, as the initial dialogue and prologue to the game are playing, there are flashes of a nearly black screen with large letters (it flashes too quickly for me to see what they say).

Since I am starting the game as a new player, I will try uninstalling and reinstalling. But wanted to get this in the thread before I do.

REALLY hope I can get it to work, as I loved the trial, and love the series.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Mar 24, 15 11:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and say that I am so sorry for the frustration that this particular game is causing. I see that some players are experiencing freezing issues, runtime error messages, and the inability to play the bonus game. These definitely don't make things fun.

In regards to the freezing issues, it may be helpful to check out the following help page:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The above help page also contains information about updating the video card driver if you are experiencing the runtime error message.

If you are still seeing issues as well as the inability to open the bonus game, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They can help give troubleshooting steps.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by ugottabekiddn on Mar 25, 15 5:55 PM
Housen wrote:Hello all!

However, Farm up, Midnight castle, Awakening Kingdoms, will run. I don't know what the difference is. I am seeing some screen flickering on Awakening Kingdoms. Has anyone else experienced this?

A flashplayer issue?
a video card issue?

Thank You!

I was having this problem with Puppet show the price of immortality but was able to play the game after deleting the game turning off then on my computer and downloading and installing it using the "alternate method" under options then advanced on my game manager. Good Luck.

[Post New]by ugottabekiddn on Mar 26, 15 5:00 PM
chesfam wrote:Bonus Chapter Bug?? Xray Eggs. Need 7 eggs for mini game. Only 6 in nest. Help.

The last egg is just out of sight at the top of the screen try rotating around the top row to bring it down

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 27, 15 11:27 AM
My game isn't freezing but I can't get the ear either. It won't let me even approach the brother to get it. And my boat is already plugged so if I have to play the whole game again just to get the ear, it's not worth it. Really frustrating to get to the bonus game and then I can't play any longer. The hint keeps taking me to the brother in the hospital and the SG says I need the ear but when I click on him, I get nothing.

[Post New]by blumonkey67 on Mar 28, 15 11:00 PM
Help this is the second collector's edition game from big fish that I cannot access the bonus game at all. there is no BONUS game! Can someone logically help me to find it or what am I doing wrong?

Go to: