Game freezes up

Re:Game freezes up

[Post New]by bill_sueb on Jul 1, 09 5:09 PM
I just downloaded this game today and it freezes up every time I play. I am running Vista on my HP Pavilion laptop. Very frustrating!

Subsoap
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Subsoap on Jul 1, 09 7:22 PM
Someone reported directly to me on my site saying that they had crashes in Vista too, and tried changing the game to run in Windows 95 compatability mode, which made it work better on their computer. If you want to try this contact BFG customer support and ask them for instructions on how to run the game in Windows 95 compatability mode. Please report back here if this helps.

Brian

[Post New]by lindastow on Jul 12, 09 9:30 PM
I was really enjoying the demo, but having read all these posts, I'll download it later. The demo froze up. Dell Dimension B110. It froze up when I went into the "Magical Creatures" window. Good luck.

[Post New]by bbride on Jul 16, 09 5:54 PM
My game freezes is unpredictable spots. I'm usually, trying to turn a card, and it will suddenly just stop working. If I close the game with the three finger salute, then restart the game it says I didn't save it the correct way.

I'm running xp, on a Dell 1501

bobette

[Post New]by dragon626 on Jul 29, 09 4:00 PM
Seems like I am having the same problem as many others who downloaded this game. I too used a game credit but will hope that they update will fix the freeze up problem. I am running Vista on a Toshiba Satellite A305-S6905 model with and Intel Core 2 duo processor T6400. I like the game but am extremely tired of it freezing up. Especially when I'm on the 9th set and end up having to CTR,ALT,DEL and then it tells me I didn't save properly and takes me back to the start of that set. It freezes when I am clicking on a card to turn.

Brian when do expect a fix to come out for this game???????
Thank you!

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Jul 29, 09 4:54 PM
If you are having technical issues with Faerie Solitaire, I would recommend going to our help pages to see if you can find a solution to the problems you are having can be found there.

You can also contact our Technical Support team through the help pages as well. Just click on the "Help" link in the upper right corner of this website.

Game freezes up

[Post New]by zooooplace on Jul 31, 09 7:48 PM
auntnace11 wrote:I installed the demo on my laptop and it is freezing up and I do not know why. Can anyone please help

[Post New]by zooooplace on Jul 31, 09 7:51 PM
Mine freezes up too. It works great for a while - then freezes up. The large game cursor arrow separates from the computer cursor - then I'm done. I tried saving what I had done so that if it froze, I would at least not lose anything. Didn't work - it starts that level over every time. I love this game!!! But, this is very frustrating. Help!

[Post New]by ACrazyCajun on Aug 23, 09 8:01 AM
I am having the exact same problem as zooooplace. Please help.

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Aug 26, 09 8:43 PM
Bought game last night and my game is freezing up also. It freezes in all different parts of the game. Haven't worked past the place where you have to complete in 5 minutes as it has frozen so many times. The only way to get off frozen page is to turn off the computer on the same button that turns it on (an incorrect way to shut down). When I turn the computer back on my screen resolution is completely different and all my icons and print are very large and then I have to adjust the resolution of the screen. I have tried playing it but this problem is continuous and makes the game no fun with its difficulties. Haven't had a Big Fish game do this before.
My computer is a Dell Vista 1520/Home Premium/duo core. I also have intel Centrino Duo.
Since other people are having this same problem I would like to uninstall the game and get my game credit back.

Edited on 08/26/2009 at 8:48:30 PM PST

drbill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by drbill on Aug 26, 09 9:08 PM
Has anyone had any success in getting this game to no longer freeze? Has anyone gotten a reply from customer service as to what we should do? Personally, I would like to uninstall the game and get my game credit back, unless a patch is being put on the game very, very soon.

[Post New]by gjtruefaith on Sep 8, 12 2:30 PM
I have the same problem with freezing in windows 7 home premium sp1, (New laptop with 4GB memory 500GB hard drive 2.10 GHZ processor ect...)
I have tried to run it in compatabillity mode for windows xp sp2 & sp3 no luck I updated drivers for graphics downloaded flash and shockwave updates ect... as well as ran in high contrast disabled desktop, disabled visual themes and ran as administrator nothing I have tried seems to work, I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game to no avail. darned shame since I own the game and can only play for a short while before it freezes.

[Post New]by KeeLee_71 on Dec 19, 12 7:50 PM
I'm glad it's not just me. I have a Toshiba Satellite L755D-S5162 and it's only a year old. It did it when I was running Windows 7, now I have updated a week ago to Windows 8 and still the same problem. I don't get the 8th frame in the first level of the Adventure game. I just re-downloaded it today hoping the glitch was fixed, but still the same.

[Post New]by KeeLee_71 on Dec 19, 12 9:53 PM
So I just learned a little trick. If the game freezes up on me I just hit ALT+FN and it unfreezes. This is for the Toshiba Satellite Notebook. But it might work on other models as well.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jul 24, 13 11:36 AM
if you get in touch with TECH support, they will help...................

Go to: