Re:Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by nancyhucksfollis on Jun 11, 09 5:49 PM
Hi--Iam stuck in the warehouse-I have given Swanson the key back and given him the whiskey-back upstairs to fill out the order form-now back down to the warehouse to wait for Sewanson to go to sleep-still not completely asleep-can't get to the keys. Help-Nancy

Gentlsong
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,865 Posts

I do not like this game

[Post New]by Gentlsong on Jun 11, 09 7:56 PM
uwflossi wrote:Hello dear fishies, I do not like those mouse-holding, 360° looking-around games. Sorry for my bad English, Hihi. But I think what I mean. And the first point to me is: I am hard of hearing. And I do not understand the voices with slang and would like to see the messages/text the figueres speak!! So, sorry. This is not my game. For all other fishies: Happy gaming.

You can turn on subtitles in the options.

[Post New]by Izzafysh on Jun 12, 09 8:42 AM
I agree.

I liked the game, as it was much more straight forward in comparison to others.

However, my biggest complaint is the "to be continued" part.
I don't see how 6.99 is a justifiable price, when compared to other large file/adventure games which offer much more play time.

I just don't see why this game really was offered, if it is so short. All you really need to experience the game, is to do the trial version.

After doing some searching.
There are a total of four episodes available. Three were released in a bundle together, the fourth by itself. I would think the first three would be available here perhaps somehow in the same fashion?

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Jun 12, 09 10:15 AM
Thank you very much for the hint with the subtitles. Next game. Happy gaming.

[Post New]by mystikt on Jun 13, 09 1:14 AM
Actuall, AGON - The London Scene is the first part of a 14-part series according to the website. I'm not really sure how it's broken down, however. My impression is that it was released in the UK first and then the US which would explain the delay. I'd like to know how often BFG will release the episodes. 6.99 per episode may seem high in comparison to some of the other downloads, but I really don't think it's a lot. Some of the other download games aren't really that good. I'd hope that this makes up for it with some qualities like better graphics and voice acting.

bocadoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bocadoll on Jun 13, 09 8:15 PM
baker3334 wrote:I downloaded the free 1 hour version and all I get is a map on the wall. What do I do with it and where do I go from there?

bocadoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by bocadoll on Jun 13, 09 8:17 PM
I am stuck in the very beginning...............most annoying !

auds7466
Clownfish
Clownfish
652 Posts

[Post New]by auds7466 on Jun 14, 09 4:56 AM
hi there just wondering if there is a newer verison of this game coming out as i have tried to download it for the last couple of days without success. it goes from 1- 100 % of being downloaded and before the game opens it decided to download agan all the way from 1 - 100% i am getting really now

leyahn
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by leyahn on Jun 14, 09 7:23 PM
I agree with itsme07 - "Must say I am disappointed that Agon-The London Scene was presented this way, specifically with no indication that this game is one in a series of three. The London Scene only begins "the epic mystery". "

I was actually so intrigued - I bought the game - even at game club discount it was not worth it. I was sorely disappointed. Had it been made clear that this was a very brief episode, with no story line resolution, I would not have used my credit this month !!!!

Bottom line, don't buy it as it is simply not worth it.

goldens
Guppy
Guppy
100 Posts

[Post New]by goldens on Jun 15, 09 9:39 AM
I obviously don't have the patience to try and figure out this point and click game. I spent 30 minutes trying to just maneuver the area. I did make it downstairs and saw the guard, but it was apparently too early as the guard had nothing to say to me. I went ahead and deleted the demo after 30 minutes and headed back to replay Azada...
Please Big Fish introduce something new and exciting!!!!!

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Jun 15, 09 10:31 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other AGON - The London Scene players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Dawspaws
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Dawspaws on Jun 15, 09 10:36 AM
I have downloaded this game, but haven't played it yet. Regardless of all the negative comments I've read in the forums, it still sounds interesting to me. I have read that there will be a total of 14 episodes, so my question is will BFG be offering all 14 episodes?

blndbomer
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by blndbomer on Jun 15, 09 10:46 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! This game had the potential to WOW me and it didn't deliver what I was expecting.I've played a few large file games on BF and they took me a few days to get through ,not a few hours.I will add though that this is the 1st time that I have been disappointed with a game that I have purchased @ BF.I hope it does not happen again anytime soon.

Edited on 06/15/2009 at 6:43:53 PM PST

2huskies
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by 2huskies on Jun 16, 09 9:02 AM
I found the guard, but he doesn't want to talk to me. I also tried to click on his book- nothing . THis game is very confusing. I will try the gameboomers I saw some of you talking about.

snailysue
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by snailysue on Jun 17, 09 4:00 AM
Hi

I too am finding this game frustrating but it's not all bad! However, I've given the guard the whisky and done everything else I can think of - looked at books, letters, newspapers, the codex ... and he still won't go to sleep so I can look for the keys!!

Any ideas? I don't see why I should pay another sum for the guide as this already isn't the usual money's worth we get from BigFish.

Also, I did look on Gameboomers, but there is no London Scene walkthrough that I can see - only the previous AGON episodes.

Edited on 06/17/2009 at 4:01:43 AM PST

[Post New]by Poppa_Mintin on Jun 17, 09 5:20 AM
That’s it?
Just one episode?
"To be continued" !
It took longer to download this game than to complete it! I usually get months of enjoyment from a BFG purchase, in some cases… years.

BFG I feel cheated.

Edited on 06/17/2009 at 5:23:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Poppa_Mintin on Jun 17, 09 5:31 AM
Poppa_Mintin wrote: It took longer to download this game than to complete it!

Ok, so my net connection was pretty poor yesterday... only 5Kbs and the download stopped frequently.
Nevertheless, I found the interface awkward but not unusable, my biggest problem was the blurred ‘e’ rune translation, which I took to be a ‘c’.

[Post New]by demon69ad on Jun 17, 09 3:49 PM
A FRIEND OF MINE DOWNLOADED THIS AND I COMPLETED IT IN 21 MINUTES WHAT A WASTE OF TIME, NOT IMPRESSED, ITS GOTTA BE THE WORST GAME EVER ON BIGFISH!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by Terra0510 on Jun 18, 09 6:49 PM
I feel completely ripped off! OMG I finished the first part and he gets on the train and that's it. It's over. I can't believe I paid for this. I got part of a game. I've never been unhappy with big fish but I don't think I will ever be confident purchasing another game from them. This was definitely misleading. It looked like such a great game but they never mention you don't get the whole thing.

katbear50
Clownfish
Clownfish
551 Posts

Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum

[Post New]by katbear50 on Jun 19, 09 2:19 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to AGON - The London Scene forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other AGON - The London Scene players.

I am currently playing Madagascar, part 3 of the Agon series,
AGON: The Mysterious Codex, which also includes Part 1: London, and Part 2: Lapland.
{Was able to purchase parts 1-3 in an Adventure Anthology directly from Viva.}

The game itself is quite good, and worth the time/money I have invested in it,
and I plan on purchasing part 4 AGON: Lost Sword of Toledo as soon as I can.

I do agree with the most of you, and feel like $6.99 for each part a bit steep,
when you can purchase complete large file games from BFG for the same monies.

{Agon was originally released in 2003 outside the US as fourteen downloadable episodes}

Go to: