$6.99 for that??

Re:$6.99 for that??

[Post New]by healme on Jun 14, 09 1:44 AM
I agree with those who feel ripped off! Paying $6,99 for the game and then realise you've only paid for part 1... I've complained and hopefully bfg will give me a refund or cupon. One thing's for sure - I'm not paying $6,99x3 for 3 short episodes, when they give the impression that the prize is for the whole game. I'm really dissapointed. This game will soon be uninstalled from my computer!

[Post New]by flyingdragon21 on Jun 14, 09 10:42 AM
write them i got a voucher back for another game

xansaunt
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by xansaunt on Jun 14, 09 3:12 PM
This is getting ridiculous!!! 1st I pay for Aveyond only to have it abruptly end then to be told it's a "chapter game" now this. If the games are going to be released in chapters I'd like to know BEFOR I pay for full down load.

On Agon I did the demo, spent time trying to get it to correctly download full version, figured out the navigation, map and other slow moving quirks only to have him get on the train and the game end!!! it was a large file why?? the building wasn't THAT big.

I will also be talking with customer service, if releasing games in "chapters" is the new thing we should be told up front and I think Big Fish should offer us the whole game at one price instead on 6.99 per chapter. I understand they don't make the games but the should work with their customers.

Edited on 06/14/2009 at 3:13:12 PM PST

Re:$6.99 for that?? WTF

[Post New]by spaceboy on Jun 14, 09 4:00 PM
BIGFISH, YOU HAVE REALLY DISAPPOINT ME. I RELOADED AS SUGGESTED AND IT STILL ENDS IN THE SAME PLACE AND ASKING ME TO START OVER. I WANT MY MONEY BACK. TODAY I FOUND TWO MATCHING (WORLD...SOMETHING.) GAME RELATING TO THIS GAME. THOSE GAME SHOULD BE FREE WITH THIS GAME. I WILL NOT BUY PART1 AND 2 IF THAT WHAT THEY ARE. GET REAL I HAVE GAMES ON MY IPHONE BETTER THAN THIS.

Edited on 06/14/2009 at 4:03:21 PM PST

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Jun 18, 09 6:11 AM
I can't agree more. I find that if you can stand a wait a week or so 2 check out the game, take a look at the forum and find out if the game is worth getting.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jun 30, 09 6:57 AM
I have been a Big Fish member for a few years, and have purchased many, many, games. I have been satisfied until now! This AGON game is such a rip off, and no where at time of purchase, was it written that it was just one mini sequel to several others! I consider that false advertisement, and Big Fish should re-credit everyone disatisfied to another credit or money back. Dummy me, even purchased the strategy guide, which I never needed, since the game was so stinking short and easy!! So now I'm out $13.98 !!! I was shocked after completing the game in twenty minutes, to see it abruptly end at the map/train scene! You are just left hanging. I don't know how many sequels this game has, but if there are several more, then the bucks keep adding up for Big Fish! Well, they can count me out to purchasing sequels. I've purchased huge games at game price and the games lasted very long.
This AGON game is such a waste of money. I'm not even curious how the game ends. If I do become curious, I'll check YouTube forums to see the story line, but I will not purchase any more in this sequel. Furthermore, if Big Fish Games does not start advertising these type games as part of sequels, then I will completely drop my membership! It is just wrong, and sneaky, and false advertisement. I am very disappointed with Big Fish games on this one!

boptab
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by boptab on Jan 14, 10 3:31 PM
wow, i totally agree with all the negative reviews. even if i wanted to buy the sequels they probably wouldn't be available for awhile, next time i'll check for sequels.

[Post New]by leahhuddleston on Jan 30, 10 6:16 PM
No kidding! That was ridiculous. I was done in about 2 hours. WTF???

agrimony
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by agrimony on Mar 26, 10 8:38 PM
oh wow I was going to purchase the game, but thought I would check out the forms first. I am so glad I did I sure don't want to get into the problems you guys are having. I think I will pass this one up. I couldn't even get out of the storage room. So much for that game huh! Thanks to all of you for your replies.

scalad
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by scalad on Apr 28, 10 3:13 AM
I am glad I found this thread. From what I am reading I will wait until the other parts are released. Shame it sounded interesting!

Brandyco
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by Brandyco on Jun 17, 10 6:54 PM
Should be called ARG! not AGON

[Post New]by Legolass on Jan 17, 11 9:26 PM
Brandyco wrote:Should be called ARG! not AGON

I thought it should have been AGONY

bugsnuts
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bugsnuts on Jan 19, 11 6:20 PM
What a pity, i am looking for another LFG and this looked interesting. If it only lasts for 2 hrs i would rather find something else. Any suggestions anyone? BIG FISH why don't u put the episodes together and sell as one game, no way i will waste my credit on such a short game, and i don't want coupons.

mizes2008
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by mizes2008 on Jan 30, 11 12:14 PM
I agree! In reality it is a rip-off from big fish. A game is a game, and should be sold as a complete package. It is kind of like going to a restaurant and paying for each entry seperate and then being informed that the potatoes are not available at this time but come back later. Check ever so often to see when they are available.
I think BigFish should eat this one and give each customer either a refund, or two cupons..
I was very disappointed when I reached phase 2 and it wasn`t there.

[Post New]by royt622 on Mar 26, 11 5:05 AM
I also think it is a ripoff and Bigfish should know better than to put that kind of crap for sale. Nowhere did it say it was the first part and you would have to purchase the rest of them separately. There wil be no more Agon and if this trend continues there will be no more Bigfish.

[Post New]by petporcupine on Mar 26, 11 2:58 PM
I was "lucky" enough (if you call it that) to buy this game when it was a Daily Deal for $2.99, and I was STILL extremely disappointed and almost angry at the end. Most of the game time was spent going up and down the stairs between the basement and the offices. If the game had better navigation or design (for example, the offices being on the first floor), it would have been even shorter.

I suppose I can wait for the next chapter to go on a $2.99 sale and then I won't feel quite as cheated as the rest of you, but honestly I don't even think it's worth it to play the rest of it.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 26, 11 3:08 PM
Why, does it say so for Nancy Drew? Or for Sherlock Holmes? The AGON titles are full games individually as they are, and so is this one. Just this episode is shorter than the subsequent ones.

As for the price, the first three episodes here at Big Fish may cost less altogether than The Mysterious Codex trilogy somewhere else.

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Mar 26, 11 3:21 PM
petporcupine wrote: Most of the game time was spent going up and down the stairs between the basement and the offices. If the game had better navigation or design (for example, the offices being on the first floor), it would have been even shorter.

petporcupine,
It is a fact that you have to use the staircase a number of times in this game. This has been already discussed on several gaming forums. But you should know that The London Scene was made in 2003 and on that time the priorities were different.

If you have played the Myst series, which is considered one of the greatest adventures, you would certainly have the same feeling. Movement in games were a big achievement on that time and you can see the progress.

In the subsequent AGON episodes movement is much easier. In the latest one, The Lost Sword of Toledo a map helps you jump from one place to the other. Maybe you should give them a try, despite that staircase in the British Museum

Edited on 03/26/2011 at 3:22:14 PM PST

[Post New]by petporcupine on Apr 15, 11 8:11 AM
Martila wrote:It is a fact that you have to use the staircase a number of times in this game. This has been already discussed on several gaming forums. But you should know that The London Scene was made in 2003 and on that time the priorities were different.

Thank you for the info. It's curious that many people complained, but you picked me out to reply to... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing I didn't think I said anything particularly harsh or nasty compared to other posts that I read.

I don't spend a lot of time on the forums; this was the first time I was disappointed, and I wanted to make sure I wasn't alone or misunderstanding something. I was glad other people vented about it.

Big Fish is great. I just think that they should pull some of their older games or ones that many people complain about. For example, I tried an older Carol Reed game (I bought it around the same time as Agon) that was obviously years old and very awkward to play. It probably shouldn't even be available for purchase anymore. Just my opinion.

I am a Big Fish member; I love it and plan to stay!

Edited on 04/15/2011 at 8:11:59 AM PST

Martila
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by Martila on Apr 17, 11 10:50 AM
petporcupine wrote:
Thank you for the info. It's curious that many people complained, but you picked me out to reply to... I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing I didn't think I said anything particularly harsh or nasty compared to other posts that I read.

... I just think that they should pull some of their older games or ones that many people complain about.

It wasn’t discussed on this forum, it was years ago and somewhere else. I always check back to see if my posts have been answered and in general to see what comments people make about our games, as I am from the developers. And if someone makes a point which is interesting then I do address it. This is why I answered your post.
It’s your personal opinion, no problem with that of course. You said: ’honestly I don't even think it's worth it to play the rest of it’, while in fact the trilogy of the first three parts, The Mysterious Codex was actually Editor’s Choice of Computer Games Magazine for 2006. Apparently, not all people share the same dislike. BTW there are many ’easter eggs’ in those offices and on the corridor for those who enjoy exploration. If you just run throgh the game you will never notice those.

I don’t think old games should be thrown away, why should they? On the contrary, they should be kept alive by porting them to future platforms, to ensure they survive the rapid change of technology. This is quite a challenge for developers.

Go to: