mews
Salmon
Salmon
2,854 Posts

Re:WPE - Mystic Diary: Lost Brother

[Post New]by mews on Jun 13, 09 8:25 AM
Glad you got to play fatbuttmut

I wasn't going to even demo this game cos I didn't like the look of it but after reading all your comments I'm going to give it a go

mews

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Jun 13, 09 8:32 AM
Seems this is one of those games that will not play on my PC.

I get no graphics! I could click on play and got to a black screen with a safe in the middle and little groups of twinkly lights all around. I could click on a group of lights and clearly got to another screen - red X in top right corner and a comment at the bottom 0 of 16 items found. But the screen itself was just grey. I could click around and maybe find something by accident - but was mostly was told I'd run out of magic.

Oh well - there is no upgrade for my video card and I cannot rationalize buying a new one just for games.

kahlil101
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
27,240 Posts

[Post New]by kahlil101 on Jun 13, 09 8:41 AM
I it!!!! Played through the entire demo time and immediately purchased it.

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Jun 13, 09 8:45 AM
This game sounds really fun!! Can't wait to try the demo!

Sablesshadow
Manatee
Manatee
4,347 Posts

[Post New]by Sablesshadow on Jun 13, 09 8:51 AM
cesse47 wrote:This game sounds really fun!! Can't wait to try the demo!

Me too, me too!

[Post New]by katfever on Jun 13, 09 8:57 AM
Trail seems okay, but the cursor is very, very picky. Come on. How many times do you have to click to get in the EXACT spot for the object? No penalty for all those clicks.

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jun 13, 09 9:03 AM
I've been waiting for a good HOG....getting withdrawals! LOL Can't wait to try it out!

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Jun 13, 09 9:12 AM
Sounds good, will download it now.

[Post New]by christinesav on Jun 13, 09 9:16 AM
bluesinew wrote:I am really disappointed. . . for some reason I can't play this game. The graphics are pixelly and I cannot see any objects. This is strange because I can play very other game, even those with higher tech requirements.

me too- really fed up as I have started this game and can get along to at least part 3 with the blocked cave entrance, but the hidden objects are all blurred and pixelly.

Does anyone have any tips for how I can configure my pc ????? I only have 6 minutes left and need to fix it if I am going to buy it.

help please as I am desperate for a good game. !!!

20TN40
Minnow
Minnow
287 Posts

[Post New]by 20TN40 on Jun 13, 09 9:25 AM
To those of you experiencing graphics problems, have you checked to see if there are any updated drivers available for your graphics programs? I know that I've updated my graphics drivers twice in the last six months and it has fixed most of my gaming issues. Still can't play Dream Chronicles 3 but it did fix most every thing else.

If you haven't checked out this option, I can try to give some instruction on how to find out what kind of card you may have and help you Google some results to see if there are updates available.........and it's FREE!!! lol

BTW, love the game! Couldn't believe the hour was up so I purchased immediately.

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 13, 09 9:27 AM
I've downloaded the demo, but haven't started yet. Will let you all know my opinon later................

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Jun 13, 09 10:28 AM
ok Downloading now.will see if i like it or not.Hope so cause its been a while since
we had a good HOG.Will let you know later.Right now i got to go fathers day shopping.I making ice cream cake.bye bye.

MissJack08
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by MissJack08 on Jun 13, 09 10:35 AM
Need help! I tried to put out the balloon with the bucket of water, used the extinguisher and now my bucket is gone so I can't cool the key!
Any suggestions?????

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 13, 09 10:54 AM
I bought it after 30 minutes of play. Got the pen in just 3 clicks. But, on the island, when I filled the bucket with water, it vanished and I can't find it. When I return playing, I'll just start over, and see if it happens again.......hopefully not. So far, I give it a B+.

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jun 13, 09 10:59 AM
Hi MissJack, welcome to the Pond.

The bucket of water should have been automatically put into one of your inventory squares at the bottom of the screen. Hope you find it.

Happy gaming.

C

[Post New]by didifrunk on Jun 13, 09 11:11 AM
nikshijay wrote:Can anybody help? I am stuck on the island and can't find something to cool off the key. Please help!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jun 13, 09 11:18 AM
20TN40 my computer is 5 years old so I am assuming that's why I get the same effects as JessF. Any tips?

DonnyDJ
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
475 Posts

[Post New]by DonnyDJ on Jun 13, 09 11:25 AM
Glad to hear that a quality hidden object game has been released! Glad that the game has no timer and inventory puzzles. Will try it out later..

Don

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Jun 13, 09 11:36 AM
The hidden objects are a tad easy, but all in all an amusing game.
The mini games are for the most part fun.....and skipable if you so desire
Hints are a tad slow, but not bad
No clicky penalty
Nice background music
NO
Part adventure game

A nice, solid game; no stress, really...just fun

HighlandMax
Manatee
Manatee
3,824 Posts

[Post New]by HighlandMax on Jun 13, 09 11:41 AM
For anyone having trouble with the bucket as I did, you can repeat a level by going to the menu. When you get the bucket again, put the fire out first with the extinquisher, then click on the key several times till it says to cool it with water, then click the bucket in to the ocean, not the water fall, then click it on the key.

Go to: