Re:Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum

[Post New]by bunkyls on Jul 2, 09 9:29 AM
grammasandy60 wrote:Well, I got to the fountain, cleaned it out, but it says that I have to
drain the gunk out. The question is - How??? i have restarted the level
3 times, but there are no hints as to how to drain!!!! can someone please
give me a hint??? thanks in advance, this is really bugging me!!!!

[Post New]by bunkyls on Jul 2, 09 9:31 AM
Hello grammasandy60!
Have u recd a response? I too am stuck here??? Help!!! Anyone!!!

[Post New]by juneb1952 on Jul 2, 09 6:13 PM
can anyone help me ,i;ve gotten to the artic sceen with that dumb pinguin and got all but one object to go fishing but i've clicked on the penquin 50times reloaded game and still nothing any one know what i can do it;s crazy.help please

[Post New]by Kellielc on Jul 18, 09 5:15 AM
I have tried twice to download this game for a trial and it wont let me play. It wont let me even put in my name.

memep
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by memep on Aug 22, 09 1:54 PM
grammasandy60 wrote:Well, I got to the fountain, cleaned it out, but it says that I have to
drain the gunk out. The question is - How??? i have restarted the level
3 times, but there are no hints as to how to drain!!!! can someone please
give me a hint??? thanks in advance, this is really bugging me!!!!

KC_Granny
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by KC_Granny on Apr 2, 10 11:15 PM
Two of the things I hate the most in a game - silhouettes for the hidden objects and completely random movement of the mouse to find other items that should be picked up. Plus, at the end of each secene it tells you that you have an item that will solve the mystery....and my reaction was 'who cares'. They don't make any sense.

Oh well - saved some money on this one. NOT a buy.

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on May 10, 10 3:48 AM
It's been awhile since I played this game but I found it to be a surprisingly enjoyable one. Nothing outstanding or unique but a real solid and interesting game. I played it again, some time later, and found it to have good replay value.
I would certainly recommend it - especially at a discount price!

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on May 10, 10 11:49 AM
Hi Folks

A few months ago, I deleted the demo almost as soon as I'd started the game because I could not pick up the pen ( so when I saw this at the Catch of the Week, I downloaded the trial -- not realizing until I opened up the game that I'd been "here" before. This time, I decided to click on everything else before trying to get the pen and after several attempts, I got the pen by NOT clicking on it DIRECTLY but by clicking on it just a tad BENEATH it.

So now my 2cents worth (since I have since purchased it):
the graphics
the HOG silhouettes -- really nice change
-- the magic silhouettes with % meter -- it's just too cute
-- the "mouth" puzzle instructions were far too vague -- align the mouths with what -? Was trying to align the mouths w/each other and If it had not been for the walkthrough blog (which I always download -- just in case -- align to the green patch attached to each face), I wouldn't have known what I was doing wrong.

Well, back to continue the game as the above puzzle was as far as I got when instructed to decide to buy or not

MEnr56

Edited on 05/10/2010 at 11:53:46 AM PST

Ridnhi
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by Ridnhi on May 12, 10 6:03 PM
Finished! I finished the game. Was "on" for a bit over four hours. Went to the walkthrough twice. Great game with a mix of hidden objects (not hard but fun) and puzzles, some of which I have to admit I skipped. Overall, I will go back another day to do it over and try to get it all including all the puzzles. I joined BF in last few days of March and had not done this type game before. With the help of the walkthroughs the first two or three games and reading the forum some when stumped I feel I have a new enjoyable hobby. So far I have about 16 games to play at my leisure and have been very happy with all the hours of fun which is so much better than spending 30 dollars for a book to read in a couple days or to a movie which is over in a couple hours. What else can you do with so little investment and get hours of education, entertainment, and good, clean, fun?

mountfalcon
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by mountfalcon on May 16, 10 8:56 AM
This is gentle fun; as regards the queries above SPOILER - to clear the gunk, put glue on the piece of pipe, attach pipe, oil the tap and the water will flow. Feed the penguin with a fish (break the ice, assemble the two parts of the fishing rod plus bail and float and place by whole - my penguin dropped dead, so perhaps the fish is poisoned?)

beadster
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by beadster on May 21, 10 7:34 PM

This was a fun game - well worth they $2.99. I would rate it a 3.5-4 out of 5. I thought they should have done something with the runes at the completion of each chapter to integrate it into the entire story. The ending could have been better. It took me a little over 5 hours to complete but I wanted to read everything and get the feel for the story.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on May 27, 10 10:52 PM
Didn't like this game - so boring. and the mini games don't work - ie that magnet and the ball, drove me mad, stupid magnet didn't work well.

With so many good hidden objects games out there, this comes of like a very poor cousin. Give it a miss and pick up the many other good games out there!

Edited on 08/24/2010 at 2:17:31 PM PST

PowderMonkey
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by PowderMonkey on Aug 2, 10 1:54 PM
My review: Short but sweet!

Jerripat
Herring
Herring
320 Posts

[Post New]by Jerripat on Oct 1, 10 8:17 PM
Grandmasandy said she she restarted the chapterj 3x.. I'd like to learn how. to do that. I am on 18 &19. Put the stones in eyes of the critters on the left, but they didn't give me the wrench, so am stuck. Don't want to start from the beginning when I've come so far, so help, this poor 78-year old senior - Please!!!!

[Post New]by Milkkitty003 on Nov 7, 10 3:41 PM
I'm stuck ay the fountain also. Is there anyway to get the gunk out of the fountain?????? I'm loosing it all @#$%!@#

Edited on 11/07/2010 at 3:52:36 PM PST

Nagasse
Stingray
Stingray
5,251 Posts

[Post New]by Nagasse on Apr 30, 11 8:27 PM
There's nothing technically wrong with this game, the graphics are good, the scenes are not too fast or too slow, there's multiple challenges in the game, etc., but it is boring! You just do the tasks and continue and you see you are still playing the game and its just not fun. I am deleting after the demo because this game is boring, boring, boring!

[Post New]by 2random on Oct 18, 11 8:00 PM
To clean the guck from the bottom of the fountain put glue on the piece of pipe that you found. Place the pipe in the gap between the two pipes on the left side of the fountain. Use the wrench to turn the faucet on and ... Ta da!!

Adeylus
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by Adeylus on Nov 4, 11 9:32 PM
I need help, in chapter five and I'm so stuck. Have a shovel, tape and can't dig where I need to. Can't open the cave, can't figure out what the tape is for...HELP HELP HELP can't go no further so,frustrated. Can anymore help.

Adeylus
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum

[Post New]by Adeylus on Nov 15, 11 10:19 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Diary: Lost Brother players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Adeylus
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum

[Post New]by Adeylus on Nov 15, 11 10:22 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Mystic Diary: Lost Brother forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Mystic Diary: Lost Brother players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Go to: