barbieh11
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

Re:Just tried DinerTown Tycoon..

[Post New]by barbieh11 on Jul 1, 09 11:08 AM
It is okay. I bought it but I probably would not write home about it. It is a nice change from the other DD games.

afigluiz
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by afigluiz on Jul 19, 09 10:10 AM
I liked the strategy, reminds me of every other "Tycoon" game out there.

If you thought it was going to be a grab and dash game, it would have had the words "dash" in it.

Tycoon games mean you are going towards a goal of becomming a mogul. A tycoon.

The game was fun and got progressively harder. Which is nice.

The game def did require a strategy. After playing the same "town" several times you eventually see the strategy right away.

The items for increasing popularity was very helpful, but again when to buy them did become strategy in and of itself.

I did have some complaints though. I would have liked if each town had more than one goal. It would also have been nice if there was some rhyme or reason to how much the nasty was filled. I do not remember the name of that competing company. Or perhaps it would have been nice if there was more than one competing company.

It seemed to end rather bluntly. There was no climax or finale.

Nice start, but I would have enjoyed an ad-on, something a bit more.

Perhaps next time I would not purchase the full game, not without a coupon (99cents?)

emi1y
Clownfish
Clownfish
519 Posts

[Post New]by emi1y on Jul 25, 09 8:58 PM
This game is definitely not worth the buy, sorry. Not only was it extremely short, but also extremely repetitive. I'm not the kind of person who finishes a game in a couple of hours, but this one was definitely done after about 2 hours, 3 tops. Every level is exactly the same. What a snooze. I can see it is trying to be a knock-off of the Fairy Godmother Tycoon (EXCELLENT game and SO worth the money) but Fairy Godmother Tycoon had a whole different element in that you could buy a detective to sneak up on the competition and do all these other things to destroy your competition, etc. FGT just has a lot of fun and unique elements that made every level fun and different. DinerTown Tycoon is a big disappointment. Save your money or game credits and buy something else.

[Post New]by indypierce on Jul 26, 09 7:12 PM
I bought it with out trying. I did not like it. I loved all the others and thought it would be basically the same format but it was not a very good game at all. kp

Edited on 07/26/2009 at 7:13:49 PM PST

shinysign
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by shinysign on Oct 31, 10 6:42 PM
This is definetly a try before buy one.

DinerTown is branching out into a strategy game. I may be the only one who likes this better than fairy godmother, maybe because I am a guy and fairy godmother is too feminine for me.

I love the flo graphics, love the story, ingredient x, hilarious. It is a short game, but for me, replayable. I really like the city graphics with the different types of people, reminds me of where's waldo.

A brand as big as dinertown should branch out, and I'm glad they did. It's a winner for me. But at the same time, the gameplay style and themes just hit the spot for me, that just happens sometimes.

This is NOT a Dash game, where you are a waitress serving as fast as possible, try before buy.

[Post New]by MariposaMorada on Jun 6, 11 9:32 AM
pEACHESgROVE wrote:HONEY THATS THE SAME THING I DID. I ASSUMED IT WOULD BE AS GOOD AS THE REST OF THE DINER DASH SERIES. I HAVE LEARNED A LESSON. I EVEN WAITED TO BUY IT ON GAMEFISH BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER BOUGHT BUT ONE GAME THAT I HAVE BEEN DISAPPOINTED IN. ALL I CAN SAY IS PLEEEEEEAAASSSE TRY IT OUT BEFORE YOU BUY IT.

Just wondering... why would you buy this game without even trying it first? It's called DinerTown Tycoon, which implies that it's a strategy-based game instead of basic TM. There are a lot of negative reviews just based on the fact that people bought it and were disappointed it wasn't like the other Diner Dash games. Don't you guys read the description or anything first?? Not trying to be rude.. I'm honestly just curious.

I demoed this a while ago and enjoyed it for what it was, and I definitely wasn't expecting it to be like Diner Dash.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jun 6, 11 9:37 AM
I almost didn't bother with this game, because I read a lot of negative comments. I went ahead and tried it, and much to my surprise, I actually like it. It is not the typical Diner Dash TM game, and in one way that is good, because as much as I love TM games I sometimes find I am running myself ragged and getting nowhere except frustrated. This is different, strange but different. I have played about half the trial, and so far am having fun. In fact, the vacuum is calling me but I am resolutely ignoring it.

[Post New]by nancydrewfan81 on Sep 1, 13 9:17 PM
I am more of an avenue Flo type person...

Go to: