plushmoon
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by plushmoon on Apr 6, 15 12:46 PM
Here is my 2 cents' worth, to all the people in here, and most importantly to Big Fish:

My workaround was pure luck and helped me move on because I didn't want to wait for a fix. This is why I shared it with everyone, just in case there were people who just wanted to go ahead with the game without waiting for a fix.

This doesn't (and SHOULDN'T) mean, however, that BFG can now sit back and relax and not provide a fix for those who do not want to restart with a new profile, And let me join in the group of people who are saying that the workaround shouldn't be the solution and that BFG should really try to honour its commitment to its customers.

I am one of those long-time customers who often find issues with games, but I have remained loyal so far because BFG have always been helpful and ready to do whatever they can to keep me happy (quick responses, refunds etc.) On the other hand, it is a fact that lately there have been too many oversights such as the Cadenza glitch. So, BFG should really up their game (excuse the pun) and maintain the high quality of gaming, and friendly and quick customer service, that we love them for!

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by abarrett on Apr 6, 15 7:49 PM
plushmoon, thank you for figuring out how to work around the issue. I tried it and it did work for me. I beta tested this game twice. The game was great the first time, but they added a lot to the beginning to set up the story and made it even better. However, the beta ended as the demo did, so there was no way to know there was a potential problem. I definitely agree with what you have said.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 6, 15 10:43 PM
I am another player stuck trying to get down the Hospital corridor to give Anthony his potion.
I see there is a way to get around the glitch, but I hope Mad Head comes out with a fix for the game BEFORE I have to play half the game over again.

Not angry or foaming at the mouth, but I have a distinct preference for what I would prefer to see.....a fix.

captzeno
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by captzeno on Apr 7, 15 4:11 PM
Well, it's a very curious think. I did the trial download. I was playing along and just before the guy is about to strangle Ella there in her house, I got a message saying thanks for playing and I had completed the section and the game was over. Yet the game manager indicated I still had 23 minutes left. Moreover, usually when you run out of time the game just stops. This was the kind of message I expected to get if I was playing a Beta version.
Because of this glitch I'm very hesitant to buy this game, just in case it does it again. Did anybody else have a problem like this?
If this is par for the course when it comes to a trial version then it's news to me. If it's not then I'm not sure what 's going on.
My OS is Windows XP and I generally use Firefox as my browser though that shouldn't make any difference to whether a game stops prematurely.
I certainly would like a clue on this. If this is not a glitch then what is it? Did I miss something I was supposed to do in order to keep on playing? Help!!

[Post New]by divaluz on Apr 8, 15 11:49 AM
I am also one in the long list of gamers who cannot get past the Doc who is blocking the way in order to give Anthony the antidote. I do NOT want to start over with a new profile so I really hope a fix comes soon.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 8, 15 11:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here to say that if you haven't already contacted our Technical Support Team in regards to the antidote, please do so. This will help us track as well as report the issue to be investigated.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgBellerophon

captzeno
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by captzeno on Apr 8, 15 12:35 PM
After reading about the glitch regarding Anthony and the antidote, which I didn't get to in the trial version because it ended before my time was up (see previous post), I'm not going to bother buying Cadenza: The Kiss of the Death. I would not be pleased to have to deal with yet another glitch in this game. Too bad, I was enjoying the trial version. I'll need to hear from Big Fish that they have fixed this problem before I'll even consider buying it. I doubt that will happen. Too bad.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Apr 9, 15 8:06 AM
Hi everyone,

I just wanted to pop in here and let everyone know that if you are playing on a PC, an update was released that should help with the antidote issue. I'm going to include the Forum link below for more information:

NEW UPDATE available for Cadenza: The Kiss of Death Collector's Edition (PC) - April 8, 2015

If you are still seeing issues with the antidote, please contact our Technical Support Team.

I hope this helps!

bfgBellerophon

[Post New]by tenorsaxgyrl on Apr 10, 15 6:13 PM
I can not get past the passed out guard! Keeps saying I need to disable the guard but he is already down!!

jaxxgirl
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by jaxxgirl on Apr 11, 15 5:07 AM
I hadn't played long enough to get to the "glitch" that everyone was talking about. Then I saw that there was an update available, so downloaded that. I was afraid I was going to have to start the game over, but instead was able to pick up where I'd left off. It's a shame that there were problems, but kudos for the fix and for how it worked.

[Post New]by inked76 on Apr 11, 15 10:45 PM
I'm at the place where Anthony is on the floor. It has kicked me out of the game even though I bought it.

It says I've completed the section create a new profile even though I own the game. I've started it twice.

I wasted 2 credits on this

Edited on 04/11/2015 at 10:51:24 PM PST

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 27, 15 4:31 PM
inked76 wrote:I'm at the place where Anthony is on the floor. It has kicked me out of the game even though I bought it.

It says I've completed the section create a new profile even though I own the game. I've started it twice.

I wasted 2 credits on this

Inked, I am sorry you are having a frustrating time with this game, but Big Fish is really good about replacing a game you cannot play, usually with a coupon good for another game of the same sort, so if you are playing the CE of Cadenza, you will get a coupon for a CE.

Before you give up on what is really a terrific game, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the game, and start it with a profile under an entirely new name.
Sometimes it works, if you just have a profile with a new name.

Oh, and sometimes rebooting the computer works too.
I always try several things before I ask for a refund.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 27, 15 4:32 PM
Thank you so much for the bug fix!
I was able to get Anthony the antidote and to finish the game without anymore problems.....
and it was a great game.

[Post New]by warriorheart on May 1, 15 3:08 PM
I can no longer play any of my games . I have hundreds but they all say some error and will not download. HELP warriotheart

[Post New]by AussieCeeCee on May 7, 15 9:03 PM
I have to broadcast the song of water or whatever, need to get keys from the lady and it's stuck on the radio. I can't exit this screen

GreenMyEyes
Guppy
Guppy
113 Posts

[Post New]by GreenMyEyes on Jun 18, 15 12:44 PM
I've finished the game and, on the main screen, clicked on "Extras". I find all sorts of puzzles, games, art, etc., but the Bonus Game seems to be missing.

I'm running on a Windows 8.1 machine operating in the Windows 7 mode. I've posted this question on the regular Cadenza posts, but have never gotten a reply, which makes me think I may have a bug.

0Jade
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by 0Jade on Nov 4, 15 5:28 PM
I have a glitch that has not been mentioned. I tried the awl on the punch card, but apparently had something wrong because it said "I guess that wasn't the right code" and the punch card and sample the lady gave me disappeared. Grrrr To avoid this, you might need to check the strategy guide for the code so that you make sure you put in the right one the first time. I guess my only option is to start the game over.

[Post New]by Phibetakitty on Nov 18, 15 12:29 AM
0Jade wrote:I have a glitch that has not been mentioned. I tried the awl on the punch card, but apparently had something wrong because it said "I guess that wasn't the right code" and the punch card and sample the lady gave me disappeared. Grrrr To avoid this, you might need to check the strategy guide for the code so that you make sure you put in the right one the first time. I guess my only option is to start the game over.

OJade, get another punch card from the desk, from the same place you got your first punch card.

Difficulty level won't stick

[Post New]by Phibetakitty on Nov 18, 15 12:52 AM
Hi, I'm playing on my iPhone, iOS 9.1.

I like to use custom settings when setting the difficulty level.

I like to speed through games using the hint button, so I set it to 15 seconds.

Then I disable the skip button. I love this option because too many times I've struggled with a game, then accidentally brushed the skip button and there goes all my hard work (not to mention an achievement, if there's one for not skipping).

With this game I set my custom settings, clicked OK, but as I played I noticed hint was taking forever to fill up. Checked option, and my settings had snapped back to 90 seconds for hint, and skip was enabled.

Kept resetting and checking but no luck, my custom settings won't stick. It's as though just looking at the settings defaults them back. In the past, however, my custom settings are always visible whenever I check them.

Thank you!

Go to: