Re:New build available for Escape from Paradise 2: A Kingdoms Quest

[Post New]by sensimagic on Jun 29, 09 11:54 AM
n8hawk wrote:wow i'm so confused on wehter to buy it or not my demo worked fine but that's diff than owning the game sigh looks like i'll have to wait til they fix it My sympathy to all of u i can only imagine the frustration u all are feeling.

I would wait before buying this game i've been in touch with the technical people and they have said they are working on a new build that will fix the problems everyone is having they said they would post it on the forum when they have done this so i would wait until this is done before buying

n8hawk
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by n8hawk on Jun 29, 09 1:34 PM
thanx for the info i'll be watching the forums obsessivly lol. really liked the demo.

[Post New]by roosnthings on Jun 29, 09 6:19 PM
I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice and it's still not working.. Please advise.

[Post New]by wgasastef on Jun 30, 09 6:02 PM
My game is also freezing. To the point that all I want to do is uninstall it! However, just in case there is someone out there with more computer savy than I noticed that under the task manager screen for your computers, you can see that it is using all the cpu time. That's whats causing the freezing. Every few seconds it lets go of some cpu time and that's when you can move your characters. I too think that Big Fish is wrong by not at least monitoring the forums to see what problems are out there. If this is the kind of service they are going to give then i may just take my $6.99 elsewhere!

[Post New]by Anne1013 on Jul 1, 09 9:53 AM
Okay, so this game is just not working. I had my game "lock up" as in no more levels in the mini games, freezing when I move characters, missing two skulls that I have dragged the monkey all over the place looking for them and an additional pieces ... I have restarted and uninstalled repeatedly. No help. I did delete all my buildings and started a massive rebuild, then I did get all my villagers. Nothing else changed I still am missing 2 skulls, no more levels in the games and everytime I try to catch a bird or fish with the monkey it does not move to areas I direct it. My goal is to catch some and see if that kicks the game into moving along. I am also working at getting all my villagers at a level three to see if that helps. If it doesn't let me move to the other parts soon...I will give up. I believe I should get a refund too. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.

milmot
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by milmot on Jul 1, 09 1:47 PM
To be able to catch all birds and fishes, you need to open the next island. To open to the next island, you need to find those 2 skulls.

You can start a game anew by choosing a new player.

This game needs a lot of memory (i.e. ram). If you have less than 1 Gb of ram, the game will not run well.

To save some ram memory, restart your PC and play only the game (close all other applications). You may want to quit the game from time to time, then restart the game.

[Post New]by prudesis on Jul 2, 09 11:07 AM
This is so frustrating!!! Please fix soon!!!

[Post New]by wgasastef on Jul 2, 09 2:06 PM
I've been chatting with the support desk and they had me run a program that created a zip file and then send it to them. They came back really quick and told me to shutdown all programs that run in the background. Did that and still had the same problem so I sent back a message telling they so. Then I started deleting buildings and things started working a little better. This does not solve the problem tho cause I'm going to need to rebuild them. I have a question about the 2500 pieces of wood that I'm supposed to be collecting. My screen says the wood pile is full at 2150 so how can I get it up to 2500? Is this another glitch in the program or did I miss out on finding something?

Stef

Re:New build available - build is not working

[Post New]by Cyberia_3_98 on Jul 2, 09 3:07 PM
I'm having the same problems as everyone else. The game freezes periodically and especially when I try to move any people towards the edge of the screen. I can't move any characters to the Sudoku game or anywhere beyond the wooden structure at the top right hand corner of the screen.
I uninstalled and re-installed the new build yesterday, but there has been no change in playability.
I note that there haven't been any developer updates for a few days... is a fix in progress or are we getting our money back?

[Post New]by sharon86 on Jul 2, 09 7:20 PM
I went through the walkthrough to find the last skulls and the green ink. I never had the game freeze up until I did this. What gives? I have all but the last skull but dragging Taz around to find it and the screen freezing all the time is really frustrating. I have plenty of memory and I know from experience that BF can't seem to fix much of anything!!! Just want to finish the game!!!!

[Post New]by snuffiebean on Jul 2, 09 9:17 PM
i had all the same freezing problems, and was mad with the game. my little girl wanted to play so i made her her own name and character, she got farther in the game than i did and with no freezing issues. so, i made myself another profile and just finished the game with no freezing issues. my suggestion is for everyone to try this and see if it works for you. good luck!

[Post New]by Sezza110 on Jul 2, 09 10:23 PM
I am so glad that I am not the only person with these issues.... I've deleted my profile and restarted 3x now (got right through to the next part of the island each time, and even got to play the sudoku game - then it starts freezing for up to 5 seconds then unfreezes for about 1 second, and so on - not enough time to move anyone, let alone the mouse..... very sucky.... worse still is the fact I've already paid for it - interesting it didn't happen in the trial version otherwise I'd never have bought the game..... It's a good game otherwise- but not much point buying it if you can't finish it.... looking forward to a moderator commenting at least and providing some information as to an ETA on a fix. Thanks Sez

[Post New]by Teresaawalker on Jul 4, 09 11:46 PM
Reading this saved me from a huge headache. I was excited to see the Escape 2 and was going to purchase it. Then I came here to read about it. That made me remember all the problems I had with the first one. I was able to complete the game, but there were alot of problems and things i could never do. Thanks alot. I, too, understand about games having problems, but I also understand paying good money in faith that you are going to get a good value.

[Post New]by spotme on Jul 5, 09 8:33 PM
Ack! I've spent majority of the day on this game and didn't color the skulls before I put them in place. They will not come out, nor can I color them in place. Instead of the sweet satisfaction of completing a game/task, I'm extremely frustrated and truly feel the waste of a day! ack, aCk, ACK! Can this be fixed?! The idea of starting over again is sooo upsetting...

[Post New]by sensimagic on Jul 6, 09 5:57 AM
well still no word from moderators about all the issues people are having with ths game i'm getting sick of waiting for them to at least give an idea how long its going to take to fix this game so its playable does anyone know if you can get this game from another site as i really want to play it but its impossible with the download from bfg

[Post New]by prudesis on Jul 6, 09 8:54 AM
Mine is still freezing up and when they do move it takes FOREVER!!!
Please Fix this!!!

[Post New]by justvicki on Jul 6, 09 4:17 PM
Hi everyone. Just thought I'd mention, I was having the same freezing issues and slow/dragging gameplay on this game as y'all (first time ever having this problem on any game). I was almost finished with the game when it started happening. After the "build" didn't work, I contacted customer service via the "green envelope" and a very nice guy apologized for my troubles and issued me a game credit. I told him of the many posts here with the same issues and he said he was, "making a note of it on his end." So, it is not a "fix" for making the game playable, but at least BFG is aware and offering a game credit....

Edited on 07/06/2009 at 4:23:29 PM PST

[Post New]by sensimagic on Jul 7, 09 8:39 AM
it seems bfg aren't really bothered bout this game not working as when i got in touch with them they told me that they were looking into a way to fix this game and i also told them about the amount of complaints which they haven't replied to i also got a free game coupon which yes is good but it doesn't resolve the problem i paid for escape from paradise 2 as i wanted to play it a free game doesn't let me play it, so although they are dishing out these coupons it doesn't compensate for the game and its no good not replying to the comments made on the forum the moderators should post a comment to let people know whats going on with this game and whether or not they are going to fix the problems people are having

[Post New]by richmomma on Jul 7, 09 12:45 PM
Count me in as having all these problems, including the skulls....I wish a moderator would at least address us, I'm pretty sorry I bought the game because of this mess.

[Post New]by Stamp29 on Jul 8, 09 4:48 PM
sharon86 wrote:I went through the walkthrough to find the last skulls and the green ink. I never had the game freeze up until I did this. What gives? I have all but the last skull but dragging Taz around to find it and the screen freezing all the time is really frustrating. I have plenty of memory and I know from experience that BF can't seem to fix much of anything!!! Just want to finish the game!!!!

Go to: