Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

Re:SPRING: How many times did you do the TURTLE?

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 13, 15 3:02 PM
wulfruna wrote:It's not that pretty Polly parrot that is the problem - I don't mind playing the turtle...... it's having to repeat play the Flower Shop 50 times to get all the other plush toys that is driving me crazy !

what I do to null that craziness feeling. I have a goal to pay off Fatima and finish all that construction business. So i stock up on Parrots, then go to the flower shop. Do as many as I need to buy the next drill or whatever. Cash it in and buy said item for our needy greedy Ms Issa. So it breaks the craziness. One can go manic doing this very straight thru easily, over and over again, I couldn't do it. So for me this works. I kinda like this event so far. Easy peazy and finish that dratted AES compound!!!
She has about 5 needy dramas per building it seems like.

petnut55
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by petnut55 on Apr 13, 15 3:33 PM
I'm spending tons of time playing with turtles, flowers, junk yards, books in the library, trips to the restaurant, looking for leprechauns, climbing fire trucks and poles.... breaks up the monotony a little, and I still get plenty of gold. With 63 pizzas, 54 lasagnas, and a ton of other food and keepsakes from the slot machines, doesn't take long!

charlieisr
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,323 Posts

[Post New]by charlieisr on Apr 13, 15 3:50 PM
I DID NOT KEEP COUNT BUT I AM PAST GURU. HIT GURU YESTERDAY.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 15, 15 11:24 AM
Oh my I couldn't do one more Turtle! So i broke down and paid my granddaughter $5 and let her at it. She was at it a while then came to me and said granpa can you take me to Walmart. So i asked , how many times did you do my turtle. she replied well i got tired at 76! OMG i got sick! i tortured that lil girl! So that dang turtle done cost me $70 at Walmart as I felt so bad she wanted some Barbie houseamagig beach contraption thing (that i'll also have to assemble). So i got it. I know once her mother my daughter finds out Im going to be in a heap of trouble as I've been warned about the spoiling business! Lord and I'll get an eye roll and a tisk tisk from the wife to boot.. Dang that ISSA, and her quests! its all her fault!

Oh...humm maybe she could do the flower shop 76 times?? nah that be too cruel...

dizplace
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by dizplace on Apr 15, 15 1:31 PM
Until I started seeing them in my sleep!

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Apr 15, 15 8:39 PM
Blue is a softie! Blue is a softie!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 16, 15 4:23 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Blue is a softie! Blue is a softie!

lol, yeah, she can wrap me around her finger pretty much...lol.. :

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Apr 16, 15 8:28 AM
Bluex, I'll do your turtles for you if you pay that good!!

So far I've turned in the collection 500 times.

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 16, 15 8:45 AM
LOL all these women coming out the woodwork to do my turtles! if only I was 20 again....lol...Ladies my gold's all tied up I'm afraid, to my beloved Fatima Issa! Good grief she is insatiable!

lmay63
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by lmay63 on Apr 16, 15 9:25 AM
Okay, what turtle!!??? Why didn't I get that quest? Any advice....?

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Apr 16, 15 9:36 AM
Imay, we are collecting pieces for the spring collection to earn gold bars. There is no quest, anyone can do it! Read all about it in the Spring Fling 2015 thread.

Basically, you need to collect a 5 stuffed animals, a bear, a squirrel, a mouse, fish, and a parrot. You can get the first 4 from the flower shop in Wyoming. You get the parrot by assembling the turtle mini game in the toy shop in Dinhammer alley. It takes 1 hammer to play. You can do this as many times as you like until the spring event is over in 5 days.

Steverd
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by Steverd on Apr 18, 15 12:28 PM
MissJay75 wrote:Bluex, I'll do your turtles for you if you pay that good!!

So far I've turned in the collection 500 times.

ALL I can say is OMG!!!!

But I do like doing the Turtle more thatn doing Wyoming.

Steve

jacq58
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jacq58 on Apr 18, 15 1:43 PM
Please - don't mention the Turtle! - I have done it so many times I dream about it! Once this spring thing is over I will not go near it again for a while and will spend ages auctioning off the red pens! In fairness to the turtle I am almost up to 2000 gold - mainly because of plushies and the turtle - so once I hit the 2000 mark I will do anything other than flower shop and turtle!

Edited on 04/18/2015 at 1:49:07 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Apr 18, 15 3:21 PM
I had a target of 500 but am already the proud owner of 555 parrots (squawk!)

april3850
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,827 Posts

[Post New]by april3850 on Apr 18, 15 10:38 PM
I got 332 turtles last year, OMG! I was seeing those things in my sleep. I am taking it at a slower pace this year. So far this time I have 60, Im sure I will have at least 100 before its over.

pamkatz
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by pamkatz on Apr 18, 15 11:13 PM
Karin passed her cold to me via the computer mouse, so I'm wimp-ing out this year (only 202 as yet). =v=

MissJay75
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by MissJay75 on Apr 21, 15 11:15 AM
Well, the event is over and I have to say I am relieved but a little sad that such easy gold farming is done for another year.

I turned in 1000 plush collections. I spent on average 3 1/2 hours a day, or 35 hours during the event. I feel like that time was fairly productive:

-10,000 gold bars
-$3.8 million coins
-450,000 XP
-watched 45 episodes of Burn Notice
-pedaled 525 miles at my desk cycle
-burned 3500 calories

Whew!

Bluex
Salmon
Salmon
2,792 Posts

[Post New]by Bluex on Apr 21, 15 11:24 AM
Good godly moo! 1000 plushie collection and turtle rotations! OMG.. .and I thought I was manic with 586! YOU GO GIRL!!! Only thing I burnt through was the last wisps of gray hair I had left before this whole thing started. I had to make a mad dash to Ayleens porcelain shop as I went through 487 hammers and had run out of red rollers at then end of the push! I saw my whole life flash before my eyes on that run!

ChestnutHeights
Salmon
Salmon
2,542 Posts

[Post New]by ChestnutHeights on Apr 21, 15 11:25 AM
MissJay75 wrote:Well, the event is over and I have to say I am relieved but a little sad that such easy gold farming is done for another year.

I turned in 1000 plush collections. I spent on average 3 1/2 hours a day, or 35 hours during the event. I feel like that time was fairly productive:

-10,000 gold bars
-$3.8 million coins
-450,000 XP
-watched 45 episodes of Burn Notice
-pedaled 525 miles at my desk cycle
-burned 3500 calories

Whew!

BRAVO!! WELL DONE! I'm very impressed and quite a bit jealous

barbarasofie
Minnow
Minnow
299 Posts

[Post New]by barbarasofie on Apr 21, 15 11:31 AM
Phew....
I've only done 120 Plushie Collections, 15 Pitcher Plant, 20 Gloxinia and 12 Egg.... including the 36 goldbars from award I collected 1706 gold bars. *looking ashamed*

(I thought, that's enough, by the way....)

Go to: