bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

Re:Ominous Objects: Phantom Reflection Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bribling on Apr 17, 15 3:06 AM
I finished the Demo. It's an OK game with an interesting story. We have had several mirror stories though and we are at the point where I don't care if I ever see another mirror including in Real Life

There is some innovative play. We also have the distorted outline images which must be rotated until they snap into shape. I actually like those. I don't care much for the binocular gimmick with the colored lenses. It is not essential, not especially fun either and adds little if anything to the game. Devs, please don't try so hard! Gimmicky things are seldom appreciated and are often annoying. They add little to the game.

I don't care much for helpers but tolerate them. I have no use for decorating a cat house (rolls eyes). I'd much rather find Morphing Objects, I never really tire of those.

Many players enjoy Collectibles and, although I don't really care one way or another, they are much more appreciated than "Helpers" and are fun to look for.

I liked this enough to purchase on Sale. I have missed this sale but will keep this in my App until another one makes it more affordable. It is not, as others have noted, not really worth the cost of a CE to me. I have been playing these games since the first MCF was released years ago so I may be harder to please than newer players.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Apr 27, 15 4:22 PM
Valdy wrote:I don't mind helpers - if they are part of the game, fine. If they aren't part of the game, fine too.

What I don't like is that they now often give away the fact that they are needed in a scene the moment I enter it, by moving around in different ways.

I much prefer to discover for myself whether there is a spot in the scene, which I can't reach by myself. I don't want to know about it before I even had the chance to investigate.

I have to agree with Valdy on this.
Mr Jenkins, is pretty laid back when there is something he should do.....and I just beta'd a game where the helper ( a doll....for an adult character?) got to have a new outfit you found while playing, that was a hint as to the task that had to be done.
That was annoying enough to me.....but whenever the task was in the current scene, the doll whistled and waved her arms around.....and I had the impression she was even bouncing, but that might have been me.
I laid into the developer about how much I disliked the doll, the costumes as hints and the movements.......but, I did tell them I liked helpers that did not do annoying things like that.

There were several other things I didn't like about the game, including the fact that I thought it was too easy in too many ways.....and I do not think I will buy that one, but will be interested in demoing it, and seeing if they make any changes.

[Post New]by mamimarty on Oct 9, 15 2:35 PM
iboughtthisgameandihaveneverplayeditbecauseitkeepstellingmethatthereisaproblem,whatcanido?

Go to: